The 4-5-1/4-3-2-1

I read in another forum a quote from wwfan, saying that the last ME exploit in FM09 was the 4-3-2-1, or 4-5-1 with AML and AMR. What I want to know is if you guys think that's possibel, or if anyone of you had success with this formation. I know Tyler_bode did, with his Eagle tactic, and Cleon at his Sheffield Utd Project.

Another thing, any good configuration of this tactic?

I would like to make this some sort of discussion so we all know what you guys think and if this is a true exploit or not.

Cheers.

Some redings, no answers. Personaly I don't believe it. I've used Tyler's Eagle (4-3-2-1) and used the 4-5-1 in game standard attacking tactic, pushingthe two lateral Midefielders up to AM and it didn't work.

Any opinions? Anyone using something close to this?

Trying to keep this alive to myself. Another thing that's said is that a small pitch size is also an exploit. It confuses the AI.

I really just want to understand this. And all the rest as a matter of fact. I don't know how many years I play FM and I still can't understand the game. Always had success with global mentalities tactics, with no micromanaging. Now I can't. But that's another point. I'm trying to understand this "exploits".

I don't know if the 4-3-2-1 is a master tactic, but it did help me win the championship first year of asking with Nottm Forest. It also helped me to stay in the EPL. But after two years, I just could not bring it further to improve the results of my squad and switched to an attacking 442 with helped me get better results. Also I had 3 good strikers and it was hard to fit them in the 4-3-2-1 tactic for them to achieve consistent results...

I don't know if the 4-3-2-1 is a master tactic, but it did help me win the championship first year of asking with Nottm Forest. It also helped me to stay in the EPL. But after two years, I just could not bring it further to improve the results of my squad and switched to an attacking 442 with helped me get better results. Also I had 3 good strikers and it was hard to fit them in the 4-3-2-1 tactic for them to achieve consistent results...

I would really love to hear from the "gurus" in the forum. Lets hope they see this.

Dude, i'm LOST :)

I'll explain it again (or I'll try).

I read something wwfan, supposedly, wrote, about Tyler_bode's Eagle tactic. He said the tactic works because it's a match engine exploit. The AI is not used to have three guys in the middle of the pitch and leaves the middle MC without cover. This way he can hold the ball and control all the passes. And with the two wingers up he can create openings, so they can run and make the cross. I believe I wrote something like this 'cause I read in another forum, where other user quoted wwfan's words.

I also read that Tyler's tactics work because of the small pitch size. The AI, once again supposedle, is not used to the small pitch and gets confused. On the other hand, when playing large pitch sizes, it can cope with the tactic and take advantage of the poorly setup full backs.

I just wanna know how true this is. But no one is answering.

Could you understand this time?

Cheers.

I'll explain it again (or I'll try).

I read something wwfan, supposedly, wrote, about Tyler_bode's Eagle tactic. He said the tactic works because it's a match engine exploit. The AI is not used to have three guys in the middle of the pitch and leaves the middle MC without cover. This way he can hold the ball and control all the passes. And with the two wingers up he can create openings, so they can run and make the cross. I believe I wrote something like this 'cause I read in another forum, where other user quoted wwfan's words.

I also read that Tyler's tactics work because of the small pitch size. The AI, once again supposedle, is not used to the small pitch and gets confused. On the other hand, when playing large pitch sizes, it can cope with the tactic and take advantage of the poorly setup full backs.

I just wanna know how true this is. But no one is answering.

Could you understand this time?

Cheers.

where did you read that?

That's why I'm trying to figure this out. If it was an exploit it should work with any team no matter the set up we use. Some kind of almighty formation, I guess. Unfortunately none of the great tactics masters of the forum is paying attention to this, just us.

Não te preocupes, não é a nossa língua.

That's why I'm trying to figure this out. If it was an exploit it should work with any team no matter the set up we use. Some kind of almighty formation, I guess. Unfortunately none of the great tactics masters of the forum is paying attention to this, just us.

Não te preocupes, não é a nossa língua.

I actually made a set using 3 MCS - 2 AMR/l and a lone FC and when the AI is playing on the counter they simply cant touch us. I chose not to upload it though as the more defensive version created a false illusion of what was really going on. I could have up to 65 % possession and passing completion of 90 %, creating most of the chances but still loose 2,3-0. So in that sense, it simply did not work

I actually made a set using 3 MCS - 2 AMR/l and a lone FC and when the AI is playing on the counter they simply cant touch us. I chose not to upload it though as the more defensive version created a false illusion of what was really going on. I could have up to 65 % possession and passing completion of 90 %, creating most of the chances but still loose 2,3-0. So in that sense, it simply did not work

I, myself, have trying to play an attacking type of this formation, but without no good result. In this version of the game I still haven't found my tactical creator side though, and might be it. But, the way I see it, if this is an exploit it should work.

As it was wwfan who said that I would love to hear from him.

Thanks for answering TBH and welcome back to the forum.

..and it does work, but not as a set. Its the Balanced version that is almost untouchable against teams playing defensive-normal against you.( i.e ALL teams if you are a top team)

Oh, ok. Understood. Thank you for explaining that.

I have no doubt that this version of the game favors 4-4-2, which was reversed by previous versions. Like many have mentioned before on the forum: 4-4-2 is the most balanced formation. Personally i think that this is a sad thing since I have never liked 4-4-2, I consider it as boring. Many will probably disagree with me, but I speak based on subjective preferences.

I have found that 4-5-1/4-3-2-1 (or any other formations except from 4-4-2) works well when you face teams that do not play 4-4-2. Sadly, the majority of teams in England (League that I use most) in majority use 4-4-2 and can easily destroy my 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 with theirs wing play. The problem is that all these mentioned fomations (except from 4-4-2) leaves large space behind wingers. Of course, you can choose to play with pure 4-5-1 to cover the space and help your FBs, but pure 4-5-1 is very limited when attacking. I have also found that the formations with three CBs does not work against the 4-4-2. Thus, I have almost stopped playing the game because the game favors 4-4-2, the formation that I really hate, both IRL and in the game.

Try a really attacking counter-attacking 4-5-1 which was really effective for me because the defenders, defensive midfielder and midfielders all track back to stop opposition attacks but was weak against counter, counter-attacks. It was really attacking (mentality) so my team still attack with purpose, worked a treat with Man City, QPR and some other teams.

I have no doubt that this version of the game favors 4-4-2, which was reversed by previous versions. Like many have mentioned before on the forum: 4-4-2 is the most balanced formation. Personally i think that this is a sad thing since I have never liked 4-4-2, I consider it as boring. Many will probably disagree with me, but I speak based on subjective preferences.

I have found that 4-5-1/4-3-2-1 (or any other formations except from 4-4-2) works well when you face teams that do not play 4-4-2. Sadly, the majority of teams in England (League that I use most) in majority use 4-4-2 and can easily destroy my 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-2-3-1/4-3-2-1 with theirs wing play. The problem is that all these mentioned fomations (except from 4-4-2) leaves large space behind wingers. Of course, you can choose to play with pure 4-5-1 to cover the space and help your FBs, but pure 4-5-1 is very limited when attacking. I have also found that the formations with three CBs does not work against the 4-4-2. Thus, I have almost stopped playing the game because the game favors 4-4-2, the formation that I really hate, both IRL and in the game.

I love the 4-4-2, always did. And, at some point, you're right. The game favours the 4-4-2, but only because it's the tactic by excelence. In England almost every team plays 4-4-2. In Spain is the same, France, Italy and many other leagues, both in game and in real life. It's the most balanced tactic, just like you said. It provides good attacking options and good defending options. That's why I love it.

Although, I have to disagree when you say that the 4-4-2 can destroy the 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 (or whatever you wanna call it). I always start my game unemployed, and almost always I take control of Pompey. I've tried a few 4-4-2's and my bogie teams are the ones that play that formation. City, Villa and Chelsea. Can't bet'em home, or away. They always give a hard time.

So, it's true that the game favors 4-4-2, but only because, in real life, is the most popular formation. As for it being "undestructable" I don't agree. But that's just my oppinion.

Archived