Has anybody sold Rooney?

Hi all, i just wondered if anybody has ever solf Wayne Rooney in football manager 2009 and if you have when did you sell him and more importantly... how much for?

I ask because i am currently in season 2013/14 and considering selling him but it somehow feels wrong! I have Robinho, Tevez, Ronaldo, Torres and a couple of good youngsters and might cash in on Rooney as he doesn't perform as highly as these players.

So as i say if anybody could offer some advice whether to sell and some history on how much they sold Rooney for, (if you have?)

This is why people don't come onto these forums anymore... because people like you think they know everything. In my game Robinho scored double the amount of goals than Rooney last season in my game and Torres scored more than Robinho... i was merely assessing all of my options. Doesn't mean i'm going to sell Rooney, i was asking people's opinions, not to have judgements flying at me!

wow, calm down people.

I think picking players is a very personal choice, an option, not a rule to be followed

in the last FM, I didn't want Ibra even when I could with my Boro game, cuz I liked to play Mido in front...

play the one u think suits u better, don't need to flame.

i sold him in the second season once :) .. but it was only a mess around game where i sold all the top earners...

he went to inter for 50 mil ....

but in a serious game... id never sell him... im a big fan of british players and he's about as british and about as good as they come..

I've had a swap deal for him

In my 4th season - swapped Rooney for Aguero and Heitinga; as they both wanted to leave. + if he scored 30 goals then i'd get £10mil, atm he is on 17 from 39 games - so wished i'd have said games but he will get to 30 goals

yep i sold Rooney. i bought him from man utd when they had a bad season, really bad but he didnt fit into my squad at all and the style probably just didnt suit him so i offered him out for GBP40m and loads came in for him (including manu utd which was wierd) but only accepted the offer from RM and he went there.

made a nice profit on him too.

I got Robinho on a free transfer... his contract came to an end and Man City didn't win anything one season so he wanted to leave... picked him up on a free and the fans love him. :)

Robinho is very good as my lone striker when I used Juve.. And good penalty taker too..

i sold rooney to real madrid for 90 miilion b4 the start of my 4th season.Rooney is good in the game,but i'm sick of sticking to 1 player for more than 4 season.Planning to sell ronaldo to madrid too.only with the right price;)

I sold Ronaldo a year later with a year left on his contract, he was stalling on a new one.

Sold him to Real MAdrid for £100m, that was only like a few days before the real story broke!!

Archived