Help me build my all-italian Juve side

Larsen

Just for the fun of it I'm trying to rebuild the juventus squad with italian players only. I'm 5th in my first season and it's january, which I think is pretty decent considering the major changes I've made.

Here's my starting 11:

Buffon

Santon Legrottaglie Chiellini De Ceglie

Camoranesi - Marchisio - Giovinco (retrained) - Del Piero

Paloschi - Balotelli

I think It's a decent starting eleven. On the wingers though Camoranesi and Del Piero won't last forever. But I've brought in Tremolada from Inter and I play him and F. Rossi regularly as substitutes or starters in the cup, hoping they'll grow into something good before the oldies break down.

In defense Legrottaglie is also up there, and right now my only cover is a so-so youngster called Ariaudo. Criscito will be returning next season but I'll need at least one more very good italian DC - preferably one that could provide cover on right back.

Substitutes: Not many options here yet I'm afraid. Mentioned Rossi, Tremolada and Ariaudo. Then there's Marchionni, Chimenti, Zanetti, Molinari and a GK called Piccolo. Not so good, huh?

Still have some players from other nations that I'm looking to offload: Amauri, Thiago, Nedved (probably staying till retirement) and Poulsen, so though I only have 1,5 m £ for transfers at the moment, I'm probably qualifying for Europe and cashing in on those, so I should be able to bring in some new players pre-season. Although it's probably not going to be De Rossi :(

U20 squad: Looks pretty useless. Now, playing this kind of game would it make any sense for me to manage this team myself? Would I develop better young italian prospects to play in my first team?

Also I'm retraining Giovinco's brother(?) to play as LB - but is there anyway to make sure he plays in this position in the U20s if I'm not managing the team myself?

Please feel free to make suggestions to help me succeed. I want to make sure that I have no problem picking my starting 11 when I take the Italy manager job in 5 to 10 years :-)

I want to make sure that I have no problem picking my starting 11 when I take the Italy manager job in 5 to 10 years :-)

What about players who have italian as their 2nd nationality but already have declared to play for another country? Players like Fazio for example.

You can keep Amauri mate. If you take over the Italian team, you can easily call him up then.

Anyway, some suggestions:

GK - Buffon will last for a while yet. Fiorillo can be your backup.

LB - Between De Ceglie, Criscito & Chiellini, you should be fine here. You can look at bringing in maybe Matteo Rubin as he can turn out good.

RB - Lorenzo De Silvestri and Andrea Mazzarani are two you should definitely look to bring in. This would allow you to train Santon as a winger only.

CB - Not really a lot of great CB's at your disposal. But Gamberini, Santacroce and Barzagli are 3 possibilities.

DM - Angelo Palombo is a must for you. And for the future, bring in Bolzoni.

CM - Aquilani and Montolivo should be top of your list. Bring in atleast one of them. You've got a great youngster in Marchisio.

LM - Giovinco is quality. Also, try to bring in Cassano. Balotelli can play here as well.

RM - As I suggested, you can move Santon to this spot. Also, bring in Rosina who's very good. Quagliarella is very good too and can upfront as well.

ST - You've got 2 great youngsters already. And you can keep Amauri too. Cassano, Giovinco & Quagliarella can all play here well. I think Giuseppe Rossi should be your number 1 target here though.

:thup:

@Jaaws: It'd be nice to bring in the likes of Fazio or other class argentinians with italian roots but it's not really my objective here since my aim is to ultimately build a national team around my club squad like Dynamo Kiev and Ukraine of the 90's for example.

@theincrediblehulk: Fine suggestions - I'll definetely be looking into some of those and post my experiences here later. Reluctant to move Giovinco to LM since I'm having a lot of of fun - and success with him as my attacking MC in a 4-4-2 setup. He's kind of the player I want to build all of this around the next 10-12 years :)

I manage Italy in my game. It's 2015 though so I don't know how their stats are at the beginning. Good players in my team are:

Andrea Coda - Udinese

De Silvestri - Lazio

Andrea Mazzarani - Udinese (a god as AMR)

Francesco Bolzoni - Inter

Gianluca Sansome - Siena (on loan to gallipoli)

Cristian Zaccardo - Wolfsburg

Marco Borriello - AC Milan

Fernando Tissone - Udinese

Alessio Cerci - Roma

Alessio Manzoni - Atalanta

Andrea Russotto - Bellinzona

Salvatore Foti - Sampdoria

Andrea Poli - Sampdoria

Stefano Crisci - Parma

Paolo Carbonaro - Palermo

OK, finished fifth in my first season.

Second season signings: Bolzoni, Russotto, Mazzarani, Guiseppe Rossi, Campoli, Fiorillo and Poli. And Criscito came back from loan.

I only have Tiago, Andrade and Toukam left from other countries, but they should be gone soon.

Won all my games except for a draw against Inter at home (lost the super cup to them as well).

Marchisio is out injured for 4 months so Bolzoni has already broken into the first team and looks like class. Guiseppe Rossi is also out injured, but Iaqinta has started scoring goals in attack and lately Balotelli is beginning to bag goals as well.

Camoranesi, my best player in the first season, is in and out of the first team due to minor injuries but Santon, Tremolada and Mazzarani got the right side covered so I'm thinking maybe I should cash in on him before he gets too old.

Del Piero is not doing too well on the left but F. Rossi is starting to grow into a solid player. And if all goes wrong there's always the option of letting Giovinco play on the left and Russotto as the attacking MC.

All in all it's looking good - I have 5-6 players in the Italy squad and the last U21 international game saw 6 of my players in action! Thank you for all your help.

Archived