Newgen Names

Grotenbach

I'm playing the Dutch League and as a Dutchman I find it very frustrating to get newgens who are called 'Henny' and 'Joop' for example. That's just not what our youth players are called anymore.

So, I was wondering if it's possible to somehow change the names of newgen players.

Can I change all the names that can be given to them, or maybe change the name of a specific player while playing a savegame?

On older versions of the game there used to be a "First Names" and "Second Names" area in the editor that could be used to do this. Unfortunately it isn't there anymore so I don't think what you want to do is possible I'm afraid.

You can create an .EDT file with the following commands in it:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Jordy" "" "Aaftink" "4.3.1993" "Holland" "AFC Ajax"

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Jonathan" "" "Aagtjes" "15.4.1993" "Holland" ""

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Robbert" "" "Aaij" "21.10.1991" "Holland" "PSV"

"FUTURE_REGEN" "Ruben" "" "Aakster" "22.10.1998" "Holland" "PSV"

This would add future newgens with proper Dutch names.

I have 20 .EDT files loaded on my game with names from 20 different countries so my game is more realistic.

Just follow the pattern:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Nickname" "Surname" "DD.MM.YYYY" "Nationality" "Favoured Club"

Larsson1888,

Yes you do need to start a new game for this to work.

Grotenbach,

No thre wil not be a regen called that in EVERY game, it is very random in that they appear.

For instance if I add my name as a future regen and play 10 seperate new games of FM and play for 20 years perhaps only 1 game will have me coming through as a regen.

Just because you add that player in the .EDT file doesn't mean he will always come through.

As a test add yourself into an .EDT and add yourself in 100 times yet you will neve get 100 players of you coming through.

Okay homerjnick, mucho grandes.

I don't know if I'm the only one who thinks the Dutch newgen names aren't realistic. Anyway, I'm available to help if SI agrees with me on this matter. Is there someone I can turn to who is responsible for the construction of this part?

Originally posted by homerjnick:

I have 20 .EDT files loaded on my game with names from 20 different countries so my game is more realistic.

Just follow the pattern:

"FUTURE_REGEN" "First Name" "Nickname" "Surname" "DD.MM.YYYY" "Nationality" "Favoured Club"

Is there any possibility you could put these up for download or something?

Neji,

Yes, I have thought of that. But, I want the players to have a first name and surname. When you do that in a nickname it shows full when playing a match. And when you just use a surname it looks awkward in your squad list. This would work with Brazilian players though.

Originally posted by UTT:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by homerjnick:

Just follow the pattern:

Is there any possibility you could put these up for download or something? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I will put up all 20 EDT files for all major nations to download soon for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived