FM 09: Aalborg - AaB

AaB

Aalborg Boldspiklub

brand.gif

A background

Founded in 1885, Aalborg Boldspiklub are a professional Danish club currently playing in SAS Ligaen. The club play games at Energi Nord Arena and possess good traning facilities and an average youth setup. The club retains a fierce rivalry with Brondby and FC Kobenhavn.

As a club which enjoyed it's best spell of sucess during the 1990s and their last competition win coming as recently as 2008, AaB are a club with a growing history. AaB won the Danish top division in 1995, 1999 and 2008, won the Danish Cup in '66 and 1970 and finished runners-up six times, won the Danish second tier in 1962 and 1978 and finished runners-up on three occasions and won the Danish 3rd tier for the only time in 1984.

Information - Overview

Nation: Denmark

Founded: 1885

Legends: Jimmy Nielsen, Erik Hamren, Torben Boye, Soren Thorst, Poul Erik Andreasen

Icons: Jens Jessen, Soren Frederiksen

Favoured Personnel: Thomas Augustinussen, Martin Pedersen, Thomas Gaarsoe, Kasper Risgard, Allan Kuhn, Thomas Enevoldsen, Michael Jakobsen, Jeppe Curth, Rade Prica

Fierce Rivals: Brondby, FC Kobenhavn

Other Rivals: AGF, FC Midtjylland, Norresundby

Finances: Secure

Est. Value: £16.75 million

Media Prediction: 2nd

Finances

Transfer Budget: Around £1 million

Wage Budget: Around 70k

Current Budget Total: Around 60k

Average Wage: £850

Stadium & Facilities

Name: Energi Nord Arena

Capacity: 13800 (9000 seated)

Year Built: 1960

Condition: Very Good

Under Soil Heating: Yes

Roof: No

Surface: Grass

Corperate Facilities: Adequet

Training Facilities: Good

Youth Facilities: Average

Squad

aabj.jpg

Room For Improvement?

By far the weakest area of the squad is right midfield, Nomvethe is the strongest payer in that position in the squad, however there is no decent backup for the 31 year old. Kristensen and Enevoldsen can both play there but getting in some real quality would be the best idea.

The defence isn't great with fullbacks being the main priority for improvement. However, it's quite easy to pick up quality for a good price in the Danish league so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding new players.

A striker is a must! With Luton Shelton only being on loan and Marcus Tracy being pretty poor I'd suggest looking at buying a forward ASAP.

Hidden Gems

I wouldn't say there is much in the way of hidden quality in the AaB reserves or U19's but there are one or two players worth looking at in the ranks.

Mathias Wichmann Andersen - 17 year old ACM worth training to AMR

Thomas Nielsen - 16 year old GK

Neither are exactly wonderkids but should probably be developed.

I think that's about it. Any questions go ahead and ask, I'll update as I go along in my game.

This is my first topic by the way, I hope it's okay and I hope to generate some interest in the SAS Ligaen.

I decided to start my first season in Feb. 2009 so that I'm basically left with the rest of the season as a pre-season of sorts. I have all players from the Nordic nations loaded plus Germany, Portugal, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia, Estonia, Poland and I think Latvia loaded. The leagues I have are England (League 2 and above), Spain (Liga Adelante and above), Italy (Serie B and above), Holland (Eredivise), France (Ligue 1), Norway (Tippeligaen), Sweden (Allvenskan) and Denmark (2. Divisions and above).

The team weren't in the best of shape when I took over and despite having a media predection of 2nd they were 6th.

sasjwv.jpg

I straight away brought in Oyvind Hoas for 75k to bolster my forward line. Secured Nordtveit on loan from Arsenal and snapped up Fabio Paim for 6k.

I haven't really started the way I'd hoped. Paim's been shocking and is lacking in match fitness.

I drew my first three games in the league 0-0, 1-1 and 0-0 against weaker, apparently, opposition. Look like I'm going to have to settle for mid-table and build for next season which was my plan anyway, but a few good results would be nice. Blaming my lack of goals on injuries to my two best forwards Curth and Hoas.

Going to be experimenting with formations and tactics three games at a time, my usually decent 4-1-3-2 hasn't done me much good with Aalborg so I'll be trying a pretty standard 4-4-2 for the next three.

Good to see someone playing in denmark, im not danish but enjoy a lot playing in scandinavian leagues, im currently managing Brondby in 2014, must say that Enevoldsen, Due, Curth and Ronnie Schwartz are pure class at least locally.

Interesting to see non-Danes playing in the Danish league! :)

Mathias Wichmann Andersen becomes a SAS-Liga star after some years.

Check out these players too:

Kasper Povlsen

Saban Özdogan (contract expired)

Mathias 'Zanka' Jørgensen (wonderkid!)

Albin Ekdal (Swedish, but signs for the best teams. A huge talent for the league!)

Michael Lumb

Jesper Juelsgård

Ken Ilsø

Winston Reid

Magnus Troest (former Aston Villa)

Frederik Vang Larsen (contract expired, not a massive talent but a perfect 2nd keeper)

Archived