Who's your favorite quiet soldier type of player

Johannes

Right now it is Fazio, Cicinho and Mascherano for me. Cicinho is a bomb going forward at 30 years old and never gets any sort of praise. Fazio is a rock and Mascherano sweeps up real good, but never get any acclaim

Jeremy Toulalan is incredible on the game and with the right training his stats improve an awful lot. His passing went from either 17 or 18 to 20. then I got him to look for killer balls, now he gets lots of assists and plenty of goals each season. His price went from 15 million to 25 million now and all the clubs are interesting in him and he just tells all the clubs to get lost really despite some of my other players becoming unsettled, well worth the buy.

Thomas Hitzlsberger. Every year he starts on the bench with more talented players starting that i can´t refuse to get to replace a player that left, every year he ends up playing great soccer once i come arround to play him and gets his 25 league starts and invaluable contributions to the team while being my vice captain.

This season i bought Bodmer and Van den Borre to replace Schneiderlin (off to Real) and have a 6 star 19 yo talent i bought for cheap as a 16 year old and once i was into novembre he was slotted into the MC(d) slot for good again at the age of 32 now with VDB and Bodmer playing wherever needed in between their multiple positions and not starting every game at all...

Ah well, could have saved some money there ... Again ... I literally have tried a million players at that spot (Fellaini, Bender, Ekici, Eduardo, Javi Garcia, Khedira, Sinkiewicz, Bodmer, VDB) only to end up playing Hitzlsberger every game the 2nd half of the season and moving the others to other positions or sell them. Only position i am that way btw, everywhere else it is more stable ;)

Have another one eyed now ... I mean, he´s got to get old soon, right ? ;)

On my current Chelsea save it has to be the machine that is Essien. Absolute monster behind the midfield and just gets on with the job. Has yet to get a rating below 7.0 and has started every game and played every minute of the 21 games we have played so far.

Archived