Where to find results of team talk???

I have been studying the team talk discussions, but I'm a bit lost - surely just a brain constipation - in finding the results of my team talks, the reactions of the players.

Is the only place to find those results going back to my team screen, clicking on staff, clicking on my ass man, then clicking on team talk results? And can I only get the results after the match is complete?

Thanks.

In match, go to the Home Stats or Away Stats. On that screen, there's a toggle button in the top right hand corner. Select 'motivation' from the two options given when the menu drops down. You can then track motivation levels through the match and judge the impact of your teamtalks on specific players.

In match, go to the Home Stats or Away Stats. On that screen, there's a toggle button in the top right hand corner. Select 'motivation' from the two options given when the menu drops down. You can then track motivation levels through the match and judge the impact of your teamtalks on specific players.

Hmm. Got that. But it differs from the results found in the area I described. E.g., when match first starts, the motivation in that screen seems to be blank until they've played a bit?

Not sure what you mean? Which screen seems blank?

The post-match team-talk feedback seems to relate directly to the impact of your teamtalks upon players' motivation and morale (others may debate this, but there are two clear elements present in feedback which I feel reflects this) - however this seems to be filtered through the AM's attributes (which attribute/s in particular, I don't know). The final post-match summary seems to reflect the state of players' motivation and morale based upon the AM's perceptive abilities.

The in-match motivation feedback seems to reflect up-to-the-minute feedback on player's motivation levels based upon match events, team talks, hidden attributes etc.

Does that kind of answer the question in my usual very vague and over-elaborate way? ;) Sorry but I'm not certain what you're asking, and sadly I don't have the answers to be more specific (and it would seem no-one does - see SFraser's stickied thread on motivation for more discussion).

For the first 5 minutes of a match the TV View Motivation and Assistant Manager Feedback Widgets are blank and the first change of ratings does not happen for about 5 minutes either.

I do not know if it takes the same length of time for the first update if you view the match in Classic mode as I very rarely watch games in that mode.

Either way there is no raw and direct feedback of results of your teamtalk alone untill you get the post match team talk report. You can assume that the motivation display of your players early in the match is entireally down to your teamtalk and this may be correct most of the time, but it is equally possible that something has happened in the match already.

Thanks guys, that did answer my questions. I was thinking there might be some location where you can find the immediate response to your team talks as opposed to the post match from your ass.man. (heck, I've been playing FM for MANY years and I still find stuff I didn't know was there!)

Quick tip is to compare morale in full time team talk screen with morale after the first 'continue => processing' click. A warning is this may lead to further confusion if you expect an 'A then B' consistency or a perfect correlation with the assistant feedback.

Archived