First tactic release - 4-4-1-1 Man Utd.

Hello fellow managers,

Against my best judgement, I'm releasing a tactic which I've been playing with for Man Utd. The credit for the theme goes to SFraser. The idea is to play with Free roles for 8 players who interchange positions, make clever runs off the ball, dribble and in general play very attractive football.

It goes without saying that the players need to have very good mental attributes, especially off the ball and anticipation. Flair and creativity are assets with which the formation can rip through any defence. We play with Quick tempo, mixed passing, High width and passing down both flanks. I haven't tried yet, but I think a reasonably gelled squad is a must. So don't try with City or Spurs in the first season.

The formation is a basic 4-4-1-1.

fomration.th.jpg

Required attributes -

GK - Your basic GK. Reflexes and One on ones for some through balls that sneak past the defenders because of the high width.

DR and DL - Good off the ball, acceleration, pace, stamina and crossing. Bonuses are obviously anticipation, positioning, tackling. Lots of goals come through crosses from here.

CBs - We need good CBs for this. Not necessarily a tall and a pacy combination like Utd have. Anyone who's good in the air and can tackle.

Wingers - Not much to say. Decent stats on all of Dribbling, off the ball movement, crossing. (13-15 is fine) with one excellent stat. (Ex - Dribbling 18 - with rest at normal levels is fine). Finishing, long shots a very useful asset.

LCM - Carrick / Alonso / Veloso. Needs to be a good passer, but also should be able to anticipate and tackle.

RCM - Two ways you can use him. The tactic sets him on RWB often. If you have a CM who can dribble, perfect. Or just reduce it to mixed and put try through balls on often.

AM - By far the most important player in the team. An AM/FC is perfect. Good stats on Dribbling, Creativity, Passing, Off the ball movement, Decisions, Acceleration and Pace.

Stamina, Jumping, Workrate a bonus.

Suggested players - Aguero, Berbatov, Rooney - you get the picture.

FWD - Dribbling, Acc, Pace, Agility, Off the ball, Anticipation, Finishing, Composure. Doesn't matter if he's **** in the air.

Suggested players - Pato, Benzema, Vagner Love, Torres, Aguero.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team instructions -

teaminstructionso.th.jpg

Tweaks and OIs -

Not too much to speak of. Use the OI panel to tight mark AMCs who you think might be a threat.

If you're on the backfoot, against a lone striker, tight mark the opposition striker, show onto weaker foot and tackling -easy. [Thanks TT&F]

Results -

resultsr.th.jpg

Link -

http://rapidshare.com/files/250114785/Utd_v2__Man_Utd__May_2010_.tac.html Link down

http://www.mediafire.com/?2zytimmtyum

http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahbda33/n/Utd_v2_Man_Utd_May_2010_tac

Summary -

If you're somehow starting with a big team and looking for a tactic, this is probably right for you. Waiting for feedback :)

Hey Mate

Great Tactic

Really you did a good work

In my opinion, this is the best tactics for the Manchester United published in this forum.

Solid defense and Efficient Attack.

leaguetablec.th.jpg

positionsp.th.jpg

statsoverall.th.jpg

I won: Premier, Champions and Cups

This was the end of champions.

championsfinal.jpg

Now I will be going to begin my second season

Thanks for Tactic

hi Tejaswi

what training schedule do you use??

do you train the right MC as deffensive midfielder, as an attacking midfielder or with an especific trainin regime for MC??

thanks

Right MC is an attacking mid being played as MC. I've just made my training schedules, I created this schedule called Dribbling AMC - which focuses on Dribbling, Attacking and Shooting while neglecting Strength and Aerobic training.

Wingers swap positions so we must have players that can play in the right and in the left??

I've removed the swap position in this tactic. If you do have players who can play on both wings, then using it might give a slight advantage. Also, if the team is really gelled and performing well, do try swap position for AMC - ST and Right, Left wings. Works nicely :)

Edit: Sorry, the tactic does have Swapping wingers. You can take it off if you want.

Thanks mate, which team are you playing with?

Inter Milan, but basically I use 2 teams, one with world class players(mainly for all away matches and just some tough home matches)

and another one with the best young talents I try to buy, and with these boys usually crushing Milan, Roma, Juve at home 3,4 -0 with total domination

can it be tweaked into a 4-2-3-1???

cheers. :cool:

I'm not sure actually. Wingers do trackback and defend quite a few times. Against the weaker teams though, you'll probably be fine. I'd actually try changing FW Runs to mixed if you're playing them as AM R/L

deejay10 - Echo Nejebi. The most important player in the formation is the AMC. They keep getting goals consistently too which probably affects their confidence and makes them perform better. (Atleast in Rooney's case)

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty well if you have a good finisher like Love or Torres and a good AMC (Rooney/Gerrard/Tevez) playing behind them. I've just played two seasons with this, but Love got 30+ in both seasons and Rooney got 25, so :)

Just have to say, one of the best tactics ive used in a while. Began playing a new Arsenal game, hooked up with a basic 4-4-2 with basic results and a few bad results and im down to 6th. Bang this tactic on and ive had some brilliant results with not what you would call superstar players as of yet.

Currently playing Theo as a striker, Vela as CAM, Arshavin and Wijnaldum swapping from LM and RM, Fabregas and Song dominating the middle and the same back four with the added Sakho ability. Currently 2nd now at the end of January with Theo on fire. Brilliant tactic, so cheers Tejaswi.

Looks a great tactic its real hard to beat. I know you said don't try with city but I gave it a whirl and although I've lost only 1 in 20 odd games I've drawn 0-0 on numerous occasions and the lack of goals are a real worry. Have you set a corner tactic because I notice your cb's scored a lot of goals but mine have only 2 between them. Great tactic nonetheless.

oh dear.

just started an arsenal save and decided to give this tactic a go. Struggled through pre-season scoring few and being leaky at the back against decidely mediocre opposition.

Then onto the first game of the season and i've just lost 4-0 at old trafford. I know i can hardly expect to go there and hope to win on the first day of the new season, but i was COMPLETELY annihilated using this tactic and had no shots on target.

I would normally give new tactics a good few months bedding in, but i've seen no signs of positivity with this tactic in 8 games as arsenal so far, so i'm jacking it in.

Archived