Need Major Skin Help!!!

bonekb1309

So yesterday I tried installing a new skin like I had done many other times, but when I downloaded it and unpacked it, it overwrote the config.xml file. Now, everytime that I try to reload the game, after the Sega and other loading screens have completed, where the main menu should be is now all black. If I try to close out the program, this is what shows up:

68508325.th.png

Then I need to ctrl-alt-del close it out. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, clearing out the cache, clearing out the registry keys and deleting the SI folder in My Documents and the Steam folder to no avail. I really have no idea what to do! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the tips. I actually tried all of the things in the link that you posted previously, and none of those things worked unfortunately. I also turned off my anti-virus and tried to start the game and the same thing happened.

its a problem with the skin, because the screen is black you crnt change to another skin im guessing, if you want to go back to another skin just delete the skin from the skins folder and fm will start with the default skin

Yeah, I tried that too. When that didn't work, I just went ahead an uninstalled the game completely and deleted every trace of it (at least I thought that I did) from my computer and reinstalled the game and the problem has continued. I would have figured that doing that would have wiped it clean, but it is still happening.

Hey, just in case anyone else reads this with a similar problem...I ended up fixing it. I uninstalled the program, made sure that I cleaned out any related files in My Documents and then used the Start - Search function in Windows and searched for config.xml. I found and deleted any config.xml files associated with FM then reinstalled the program and it worked fine.

Thanks everyone else for the tips!

Archived