Aberdeen, The SPL challenge!

Stuart Johnston

Saturday 3rd Febuary 2007

Pittodrie, Aberdeen, Attendence: 19388

Aberdeen 1 - 1 Hearts

Aberdeen seemed to miss Hunt as they drew 1-1 with Hearts. Hunt got injured in training, but he should be back in time for the next match. Once again Aberdeen took an early lead, Fabian Caballero on the 5th minute. Then Aberdeen fell quiet, and the hype about Abeyie had vanished completely, after another poor performance. The ex-Arsenal striker could leave in the Summer, unless Stuart feels he needs one more season to see if he's going to become a star. Caballero needed to get more goals, since Potiguar has accepted a contract from Aberdeen and is waiting for a work permit which could mean he might be out of the first team plans. But back to the match, Aberdeen looked strong, but taking off McGuire for Ogg seemed a bad idea, but as Rogerio nearly made it 2-0, Wyness did score for Hearts, making it 1-1, and allowing Rangers fans to celebrate the title, even though theres still 14 games to play, it seems impossible Aberdeen will win it, as they are struggling to keep 2nd place, Celtic are 2 points behind the Dons.

Man of the Match - Teuvo Moilanen (9) Hearts

Aberdeen Scorers - Caballero

Hearts Scorers - Wyness

Aberdeen Bookings - N/A

Hearts Bookings - McKenna

Other Results - Celtic 3 - 0 Dunfermilne

Falkirk 0 - 3 Motherwell

Hibs 1 - 2 Rangers

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Dundee Utd

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saturday 10th Febuary 2007

Scottish Cup 4th Round

Fir Park, Motherwell, Attendence: 8705

Motherwell 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Still with out Hunt and Mbayo, plus Filekovic out on suspension AND injury, Aberdeen seemed to struggle without their star trio and it didn't help that Stuart forgot to swap Abeyie with Kiely, but it was the Brazillian, Rogerio, that saved the day. A header from out the box went straight past Dabanovic, but the temperamental star got his second yellow card in 4 games. Aberdeen put alot of pressure on Dabanovic, but he came out top, winning man of the match, ahead of 7/13 of the Aberdeen players. Begovic shone again, getting his 6th clean sheet of the season, but with Aberdeen facing Sporting CP next, can Begovic keep one or two more clean sheets?

Man of the Match - Mladen Dabanovic (8) Motherwell

Aberdeen Scorers - Rogerio

Motherwell Scorers - N/A

Aberdeen Bookings - Rogerio

Motherwell Bookings - Reynolds

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Johnston:

[Manager of the Month

What is the point in this?

1st - Jim Jefferies - Kilmarnock

2nd - ROy Hodgson - Rangers (hes retiring at the end of the season, and TBH, I might just join Rangers..........in my dreams)

3rd - Flemming Nielson - Falkirk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it, Stuart. It's well known that the awards system is one of the poorest parts of the CM and FM series.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spav:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Johnston:

[Manager of the Month

What is the point in this?

1st - Jim Jefferies - Kilmarnock

2nd - ROy Hodgson - Rangers (hes retiring at the end of the season, and TBH, I might just join Rangers..........in my dreams)

3rd - Flemming Nielson - Falkirk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry about it, Stuart. It's well known that the awards system is one of the poorest parts of the CM and FM series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I suppose, but I still like to know that I'm the best manager in Scotland, of that month.

Thursday 15th Febuary 2007

UFEA Cup 1st Knockout Round 1st leg

Pittodrie, Aberdeen, Attendence: 19291

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Sporting CP

Both teams had their chances, but no one could score, Begovic and Ricardo playing brilliantly to keep both teams chances alive. It started badly for Aberdeen, Kiely getting injured on the 11th minute, Dean Ogg came on, but he made no difference. Svec and Hunt seemed to get tired quite quickly, and they were replaced by Caballero and Gardner, again making no difference. This huge match, turned out to be a bit dissapointing, but the Dons will be happy that they didn't get beat.

Man of the Match - Azmir Begovic (9) Aberdeen

Aberdeen Scorers - N/A

Sporting Scorers - N/A

Aberdeen Bookings - Rogerio icon_rolleyes.gif, Hunt

Sporting Bookings - N/A

Other Results - Trabzonspor 2 - 2 Red Star

At.Madrid 2 - 0 Schalke 04

Roda JC 3 - 1 Dinamo Kiev

Rangers 2 - 0 Litex

Dortmund 1 - 1 Sparta Prague

CSKA (Sofia) 0 - 0 Anderlecht

Lazio 2 - 0 Leverkusen

Partizan 2 - 2 Man Utd

Newcastle 0 - 0 Monaco

Chievo 1 - 1 Stuttgart

Liverpool 1 - 0 Banska Bystica

Udinese 3 - 0 Shakhtar

CSKA Moscow 2 - 2 Paris

Panathinaikos 2 - 0 Parma

Celtic 1 - 1 Deportivo

Sunday 18th Febuary 2007

Pittodrie, Aberdeen, Attendence: 15690

Aberdeen 2 - 0 Dunfermilne

It has been snowing in Aberdeen recently, but luckily the match stayed on, and a good match at that. Kiely stayed on, and he made the Dunfermilne defence dizzy, dribbling the ball past him pretty much all the time, but it still took him 34 minutes to get a goal (Finally). The Ireland U-21 star went quiet after his goal. Missing Filekovic and Mbayo, Hunt struggled, but Mbayo's replacement, Gardner, got his first goal for Aberdeen, on the 47th minute, a good corner from McNaughton (icon_confused.gif) met with the head of Gardner. The game went quiet, and even Rogerio didn't do much, failing to get another yellow card.

Man of the Match - Michal Svec (8) Aberdeen

Aberdeen Scorers - Kiely, Gardner

Dunfermilne Scorers - N/A

Aberdeen Bookings - McGuire, Heikkinen, Skerla

Dunfermilne Bookings - Dempsey, Dunn

Other Results - Celtic 1 - 1 Motherwell icon_cool.gif

Falkirk 0 - 3 Rangers icon_frown.gif

Kilmarnock 2 - 2 Hibs

League Postions - Aberdeen (2nd) Dunfermilne (12th)

Thursday 22nd February 2007

UFEA Cup 1st Knockout Stage, 2nd leg

Estadio Jose Alvalade Seculo XXI, Lisbon

Sporting 1 (1) - 1 (1) Aberdeen (Aberdeen go through on Away Goals)

Aberdeen are through to the last 16 of the UFEA cup, with an amazing 1-1 draw against Sporting. It started like any other match starts with, Kick-Off, and that seemed more exicting then the next 20 minutes. But 18 year old, Willie John Kiely, starting getting the crowd lively, scoring on the 29th minute, Ricardo could hardly do anything about it. Out of all the kids that were playing, Azmir Begovic was playing the worst, depending on Defenders and the ball going over the bar. Just before half-time, though, Mota scored, to make it 1-1. He was then taken off, and Aberdeen were able to hold off the Sporting attack, switching Kiely for Jim Morrison, which left Hunt as the lone striker. Robertson came on for Svec, but the only difference it made was that Robertson nearly set up Hunt on the last minute. Aberdeen will face Liverpool in the next round, as they beat Banska Bystica 2-0, thanks to Baros and Kewells goals, and 3-0 on Aggregate.

Man of the Match - Rodgerio Tello (9) Sporting CP

Aberdeen Scorers - Kiely

Sporting CP Scorers - Mota

Aberdeen Bookings - Rogerio, Filekovic

Sporting CP Bookings - Paito, Mota, Paulo Sergio

Other (Brittish) Results

Banska Bystica 0 - 2 Liverpool (0-3)

Deportivo 2 - 0 Celtic (3-1)

Litex 0 - 0 Rangers (0-2)

Man Utd 4 - 0 Partizan (6-2)

Monaco 2 - 2 Newcastle (2-2, Newcastle go through on Away Goals)

Guest Portymatts

When you said that there is no talent left in Scotland it was because you sold some good scottish players!!!

anderson to leeds. good deal for a million but he is a good defender.

i was about to say diamond but he went to celtic. i would have tried to get more for him though!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Portymatts:

When you said that there is no talent left in Scotland it was because you sold some good scottish players!!!

anderson to leeds. good deal for a million but he is a good defender.

i was about to say diamond but he went to celtic. i would have tried to get more for him though!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I meant young talent, most of them have moved and stuff. I sold Anderson because 1 million was a lot of money at the time, and the only reason I sold Diamond was because he was unhappy at Aberdeen.

I played two games, and I forgot to report them, but just because I'm so lazy today, I'm just going to write a short report on each.

Kilmarnock 1 - 2 Aberdeen

Nearly lost this one, went behind on the 57th minute by a Naismith goal. Filekovic got one back before Caballero scored on the last minute.

Hibs 2 - 2 Aberdeen

Getting worried now, Abeyie scored a goal (Shock Horrer icon_eek.gif) but then Scott Brown made it 1-1 on the 25th minute. McMullan scored a pen on the 80th minute to put us behind, but Hunt's 20th league goal of the season gave us 1 point.

We're still 2nd though by 4 points, if we stop letting in goals, we should be runners-up this season.

February Awards

That time of the month, who has won the awards for this month?

Player of the Month

1st - Suad Filekovic - Aberdeen (OH YEAH! icon_cool.gif)

2nd - Michal Gottwald - Motherwell

3rd - Steven Pressley - Hearts

Young Player of the Month

1st - Kenny Wright - Motherwell

2nd - Scott Agnew - Rangers

3rd - Calum Elliot - Hearts

Manager of the Month

1st - Roland Nilsson - Hearts

2nd - Roy Hodgson - Rangers

3rd - Stuart Johnston - Aberdeen

Saturday 3rd March 2007

Pittodire, Aberdeen, Attendence: 17012

Aberdeen 6 - 1 Inverness

Could this be signs proving Aberdeen are back to their best? after this incredible win over Inverness, people are asking the same question. Stillie and Eagles came back after a few games warming the bench, but it was Noel Hunt, who was the hero of the day. Hunt opened up the scoring on the 10th minute, before scoring again on the 32nd minute. Abeyie's 2nd goal in 2 games came on the 39th minute, to make it 3-0 before half-time. Mbayo scored a rare goal just after half-time, but Juanjo gave the Inverness fans something to cheer about, making it 4-1, but when Hunt completed his hat-trick on the 63rd minute, there was around 1,000 Inverness fans left. Hunt ended the scoring with his 4th goal of the game on the 80th minute, putting Aberdeen 7 points ahead of Celtic, who play Rangers tomorrow.

Man of the Match - Noel Hunt (10) Aberdeen

Aberdeen Scorers - Hunt (4), Abeyie, Mbayo

Inverness Scorers - Juanjo

Aberdeen Bookings - Svec, Hunt

Inverness Bookings - N/A

Other Results - Dunfermilne 2 - 4 Motherwell

Falkirk 4 - 2 Kilmarnock

Hearts 2 - 2 Dundee Utd

Livingston 1 - 1 Hibs

League Postions - Aberdeen (2nd) Inverness (11th)

• 5 weeks later...

One month on, since I last updated this story

I'm back! Just took a month off (I did a story on the susie forums), so I'm back. I did kinda forget about this, and ended up going on a bit, but I'll put down all the results, and scorers, starting with the UFEA cup match against Liverpool.

UFEA Cup 2nd Knockout Stage, Leg 1

Liverpool 4 (Garcia (2), Kewell, Sinama-Pongolle

Aberdeen 0

Scottish Cup, Quarter Final

Celtic 0

Aberdeen 2 (Hunt, Abeyie)

UFEA Cup 2nd Knockout Stage, Leg 2

Aberdeen 0

Liverpool 0

League Cup Final

Clyde 2 (Harty, Flaherty)

Aberdeen 4 (McGuire (2), McAllister (If you don't remember him, look at the first two pages icon_wink.gif), Rogerio

My first trophey, I'll do a proper match report next, I'm facing Motherwell in the SPL.

Wednesday 21st March 2007

Pittodrie, Aberdeen, attendence: 16927

Aberdeen 0 - 0 Motherwell

Aberdeen failed to score any goals against 6th placed Motherwell, but were the better side. Arthur Gomez was playing, as was Rogerio, but none of them could give Aberdeen the win. Filekovic had a few chances, but he'll be happy about his 10th man of the match in the league, this season. With four more games until the League split, Stuart Johnston still has a maximum of 11 games, if they beat Celtic in the semi-final of the Scottish Cup.

Man of the Match - Suad Filekovic (9) Aberdeen

Aberdeen Scorers - N/A

Motherwell Scorers - N/A

Aberdeen Bookings - Marcel Mbayo

Motherwell Bookings - Keogh, Wright, Foran

Motherwell Sending Off's - Wright

Other Results - Dundee Utd 0 - 0 Dunfermilne

Kilmarnock 2 - 0 Livingston

Rangers 2 - 0 Hearts

League Postions - Aberdeen (2nd) Motherwell (6th)

Archived