[FM09] A United Kingdom Journey + American Samoan dream

Saxonaitor

Saxon, it should be up to you mate.

If the Mods think your thread belongs somewhere else it shouldn't be a problem to move it with no hard feelings.

If people don't like it, they just don't read it (you'd hope, instead of negative posts in the thread!).

You should do it the way you want mate, it's your save.

EDIT: hey, I really need to keep pace of things - we've got a careers forum now LOL

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5th Febuary 2009

After the 1-1 draw with Maidenhead who are in 4th I was feeling pretty up with myself. I felt that the squad had gelled and are now working as a team. Several easy fixtures loomed up ahead with the 17th and 19th place teams on my list. First up was Newport Co and I was also to try my new signing Jon Docker out.

Final Score at the Newport Stadium, Newport

Newport Co 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 9)

1-0 it finished but in my eyes it could and should of been more. Viktor Illugason, my star on loan scored a brilliant individual goal to give us the win. Paul Booth hit the post but to no avail. This result lifts me up to 14th and I am now confident we can be in the top ten by April.(Big Words There :)). Table to Follow.

bluesquaresouth5thfebuav.png

14th Febuary 2009

After beating Newport Co, I had made my unbeaten run to 5. This I was proud of as we were staedily moving up the table. I once again looked through the market and found several players on the transfer list. These players Included Ian Henderson and Ian Westlake. I offered players insead of money and my offers were accepted. Contracts were different however, with both players rejected a move to Westleigh Park.

Final Score at Westleigh Park

Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 28, 78) 2-0 Bishop's Statford

Unbeaten run to 6 now and did we deserve it. We domitated the whole match and never looked like losing. 10 minutes in we could of been 2-0 up already before we had conceded a penalty. However Johnny Williamson, my ever sturdy keeper saved it and we never looked back. We stay in 13th but will be moving up shortly. Table to Follow:

http://s932.photobucket.com/albums/ad167/Saxonaitor/?action=view&current=BlueSquareSouth-14thFebuary09.png

Cmon guys where are those comments? I like to hear from anyone with a decent point to say.

21st Febuary 2009

My unbeaten run had now stretched to 6, and I was feeling hopeful of a top 10 place by April. This week I had an easy opponent on paper, in form of Weston Super-Mare who were sitting in 16th place. At this point in time I was looking ahead dreaming of a play off spot which in reality was only about 15-20 points away.

Final Score at Woodspring Park, Westom Super-Mare

Weston Super-Mare (Bostwick 8, Mullins 29) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 41)

4 words describe this match. Missed chances = Bad Result. Our start was terrible whith us letting in 2. After 30 minutes had gone however, we bucked up and controlled, prompting a goal by ever reliable Paul Booth. This is his 16 for the season. Second half we domiated build up perfect excuted our chances poorly. We just couldn't hit the target plain and simple. There goes our unbeaten streak and with it our pride. Table to follow:

bluesquaresouth21stfebu.png

A mixed year so far Sax but still a third of it left so anything can still happen. As hursty said, you're only 9 points off the play offs. One last push and a late run of form and you can make it! Come on! :thup:

Ye since we moved to this seperate forum it has been calm for me.

Thanks Hursty, Raware and NotWordsButDeeds for your continuing support! :)

28th Febuary 2009

After the loss to Weston Super-Mare, I was brought back down to earth. Indeed though, I am a little annoyed. The reason being that the previous manager did such a rubbish job. Silly that may seem but I feel that if I had took over at the start of the season I could of gotten Havant promoted. Next up was 11th place Welling. Sitting two places above me it was a must win to close in the promotion places and the top ten.

Final Score at Westleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 24, Illugason 45, Nightingale 85) 3-1 Welling United (Bird 68)

Another inspiring win for us at Havant. We never looked like loosing this one and we didn''t. Once again, Paul Booth and Viktor Illugason put us 2-0 up by half time. Although the second half started shaky and we conceded a goal. We changed back to our goalscoring tactic and got one through Luke Nightingale, my regular subistute for the striker position. This lifts us 1 place to 12th and I feel confident now of a top ten finish if not serious play off contenders.

Other News: Adelaide United have Won the Hyundai A-League

Melbourne Victory have won the A-League Grand Final (Overall Winners)

bluesquaresouth28thfeb0.png

7th March 2009

After another win I went in search again for transfers. Findong a suitable candidate in the form of Hamze Ismail, a DM suitable for my needs. Unfortuatly though, he rejected my contract so I will have to keep on looking. Next up in games was a supposdley easy fixture against a 17th place Bognor Regis Town. Jon Docker has become my recent starter for me and me started again alongside my ever reliable Gary Holloway.

Final Score at Nyewood Lane, Bognor Regis

Bognor Regis Town (Araba 12, Devaux 48) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 25)

My play off hopes took a big blow this afternoon as we slipped up here. Fair play to Bognor, they deserved every point this afternoon. Although not completly domitant, they always looked deadly in their attacking half of the pitch. Once again we missed chances!!:mad: This is the thing that fustrates me the most. Hopefully we can still mount a play off charge. Table to follow:

Other News: Conference League Cup winners: Eastbourne Borough

bluesquaresouth7thmarch.png

11 points off you are right hursty! If they slip up i'm in their quick smart!

10th March 2009

After the disapointing loss to Bognor I was once again ploncked back to earth. I felt slight confidence in the board that they would keep me at least until next season but I still needed results to persuade them. Next up was Worcester in 8th spot. 3 points had to be made here as 4 places above me, guarding that ever elusive play off place.

Final Score at Wesleigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Booth 15, 37, Holloway 19, Wilkinson 33) 4-2 Worcester (Wilding 5, Price 90)

Finally!!! We win in style and if anyone blames me for being to rough i'll say they started it :D. After letting in a stupid early goal, I changed the tempo around to "Quick" and the impact started almost straight away. Paul Booth bagged 2 and he now has 20 goals in all comps, a fine acheivment. My midfield chipped in with 2 perfect headers. This is good and I hope they take this goalscorng inititive into their next games. No movement made on the table but am still hoping in at least a top 10 finish if not the playoffs.

bluesquaresouth10thmarc.png

Seems like it dosen't it! But at the end of the season we have (Not in order) 2nd (Dorchester), 1st (Thurrock), 3rd (AFC Wimbeldon) and 7th (Braintree). Next up we have Chelmsford (5th!!!)

Yeah but get nine points out of that and you should be really pushing for that playoff spot.

The night of updating begins!

14th March 2009

After my dominating display against Worcester in 8th, I felt slighty more confident going into my next match against Chelmsford, sitting in 6th place. In my time to spare I arranged a freindly just after my final league game against AFC Wimbeldon against Bohemians in Ireland. Wanted to do this to keep my team fresh I suppose! Saw their team page and I found a nice newgen striker by the name of Scott Sedgemore. My sixth sense burned when I saw him his pace, at 15 was already be the best in the squad and at 18 I think he will be class. Can't scout him due to my team England only scouting rule.

Final Score at Weslaigh Park, Havant

Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 11, Holloway 50) 2-0 Chelmsford (Missed Penalty 90)

The elusive 10th place is here at last! In a game where we took the lead early and never fully deserved the lead until the second goal. We were still very impressive noteably better than when I first took over in November. Now next up in relagation zone trouble is Basingstoke, and I want nothing less than a convincing win. Table and Scott sedgemore to follow:

bluesquaresouth17thmarc.png

scottsedgemore.png

What you guys think of Scott? Good or Bad signing?

24th March 2009

After another win which lifted me to 10th I found out that Welling, in 11th still had a game to play. They won that unfortunatly so I was pushed back to 11th!!. Scott SedgeMore is being annoying due to the fact he can't think of leaving Bohemians. Got to try and pry him away from there. The Basingstoke game was postponed on Saturday due to a waterlogged pitch. On Tuesday I was 12th in the league but a game behind everyone, evan a draw would guarantee 11th spot. A win was the only option here.

Final Score at The Camrose, Basingstoke

Basingstoke (Ruggles 7, Barnett 65) 2-4 Havant & Waterlooville (Illugason 6,10 Docker 45+4,55)

Another comprehensing win for us. Illugason got us to a flyer but was countered by a swift goal from kick off by Basingstoke. I started worring but was comforted by another Illugason header on 10 minutes. From then the match was ours, evan Jon Docker getting his debut goals for Havant. One thing makes me angry though and I will post a scrennie of it dto show you. 8 games to go and I think play off spot is out of our reach, due to the fact of the other teams being unable to slip up in those games. We wait patiently.

saxondurrant2.png

bluesquaresouth27thmarc.png

Where are these comments guys? I'm always up for discussion. Scott Sedgemore, tactics, Players etc Comment on it

It will take some doing to get a playoff place hopefully if you can get on a good run its not impossible. I do hate attribute masking but its up to the player to decide how he plays the game. What formation do you use?

28th March 2009

Right then this was it. We had to push on from here to have any chance of the play offs. No slip ups allowed. As seen above these two new Irish players set to be my transfer targets for next season possibly fianalising a deal this season. Next up for us was Team Bath, sitting comfortably in 8th spot. Perfect chance for us to mark our mark. 9th and 10th place were also playing each other, and this was another reason to get the 3 points.

Final Score at Twerton Park, Bath

Team Bath (Canham pen73, Simpenba 79 OG) 2-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Docker 33):(

Play offs over. That is pretty much it. After taking the lead and then going into half time a deserved 1-0 up we blew it away in the second. Team Bath had more chances and were unlucky not to score. Then came the penalty. Simpenba gave it away 1-1. Fair enough but then 5 minutes later an own goal from Simpenba. What's worst about this is that we gave them the goals practically. We slip down to 12th. I look forward to next season in the BSS.:(

Table to follow.

bluesquaresouth28thmarc.png

Unlucky, it's looking unlikely now for a play off push but i suppose never say never. How are your board feeling? I noticed that in a screenshot you posted, they and the fans weren't happy with the clubs league position. And what happened to your regens faces? They only have hair...no faces!

Unlucky, it's looking unlikely now for a play off push but i suppose never say never. How are your board feeling? I noticed that in a screenshot you posted, they and the fans weren't happy with the clubs league position. And what happened to your regens faces? They only have hair...no faces!

My board are disapointed with league position evan though I dragged them up the table!!!!!

My faces were once there but have since vanished any tips?

My board are disapointed with league position evan though I dragged them up the table!!!!!

My faces were once there but have since vanished any tips?

I'm not sure about the regens faces as i'm not an expert in skins. Maybe something to do with your skin? Maybe take a trip to the skinning forum?

5th April 2009

After my loss against Team Bath that I felt sure would seal my fate in the BSS for another season I began thinking. Was my squad worthy for the BSP? I felt sure the answer would come when I faced Dorchester, sitting in 1st and potential champions at home. Also crossing my mind was the decision to move on if a potential job offer came crawling. The new Norwich manager was under pressure and if he gets sacked I shall fill in my application and hope the Havant board dosen't sack me.

Havant & Waterlooville (Smeeton OG 33) 1-1 Dorchester (McQuoid 73)

This match was a triumph in itself really. I learned that we probably were not ready for the BSP and it was a better choice to stay back down. Although we count ourselves lucky to get the draw due to an own goal we played alright. Midfield the best section of play on the park, they cancelled out our strikers superbly. Next up a must win against Fisher. We climb to 11th but our dreams of promotion have been awoken to reality.

Blue Square South Table 5th April 09

Discussion welcome. Any screenies you guys want can also be added.

Thanks godz5. Maybe you should start your own career thread! Anyway back to the game:

11th April 2009

After the good 1-1 draw with Dorchester, I checked my job status to find it had changed to "Stable". This is a relief. As Norwich's new manager Mr Mckenna was under pressure and me being the die hard Norwich fan, I appiled not knowing my fate with Havant. Norwich laughed off my offer which made me feel hurt. :( Oh well back to the game. Fisher athletic were up next and it was a must win for us.

Final Score at Champion Hill Stadium, East Dulwich

Fisher Athletic 0-1 Havant & Waterlooville (Simpemba 44)

An unimpressive game for us dissapointing all around. We still managed to get the three points and stay solidly in 11th. We have entered a slip of form over these past few games and it could not of come at the worser time. If someone slipps up in front of us we must take advantage of it. Booth and Illugason were especially dull for us up front and they havn't been scoring like they should be. This better change by the time our next game rolls around.

bluesquaresouth12thapri.png

Nice work so far, if you win all your remaining games you might still be in with an outside chance of the playoffs, miracles could happen......good luck.

How are you finances coming along? Will you have anything to spend on transfers next season or will you have to rely on freebies? Whenever I play in the Conferences league I normally rely on freebies and don't actually pay a transfer fee until I reach League Two. My logic is that whoever I bring in will probably be sold in a couple of years anyway due to the club progressing so I prefer to save up my money for future seasons when managing in the Conference.

14th April 09

After our not so convincing 1-0 victory against Fisher, I was evan more confident of coming away from our next fixture against 2nd place Thurrock (Who if you can remenber beat me 4-1 last time out.) It came two days after Fisher so understanably our players were tired. Early subs it is then! Looking at the table more closly, it is very, very tight. We just have to get over this little hurdle before we are challenging.

Havant & Waterlooville (Simpemba Red Card 50) 0-1 Thurrock (Hughes 84)

What an awe inspiring perfomance. We bucked up for this game and we were fired up. After an evan first half things got ugly. Simpemba was sent off for a reckless challenge on 50 minutes and it looked like our time was up. Twas not to be though, we came back and through our wingers (Which I moved up after Red Card) connecting with lone striker Illugason we made a hash of their defence, agonaisingly hitting the post on 77 minutes!!

As I looked to sit back and take the point Thurrock scored. Heartbreak it was and all out

attack I went but to no avail. We slip back down to that cursed 12th spot again. We can't get relagated now but only 3 spots rmain in the play offs. The game begins.

bluesquaresouth14thapri.png

Archived