Goalkeeper Attributes - Please advice...

mk2008

Hey there FM Fanatics,

I am at present editing some datas for my next game. And something struck me, and I certainly wish to have it clarified here..

It seems that for goalkeepers, the teamwork and work rate are assigned at random.EG David 7,9, Lehmann 15,16,etc.. i mean does these 2 attributes have any effect on the gk performance-match engine during gameplay? I mean there are many other world class gk, eg buffon, who have far lower work rate and team work rating then some average youth keepers...it seems that it is assigned randomly..

so does it matter? can i assume that gk is essentially effected by other impt things such as reflexes,positioning,anticipation, gk attributes? But at the end of e day, it jus seems weird that Lehmann has such high stats, and keeper like cech n buffon low on those, almost saying there have no teamwork n lazy buggers on the pitch??

geez!!!!

No, both of them will have a much, much lower effect on a goalkeeper than they would on, say, a winger or a central midfielder who would be expected to run with the ball and close down a lot. Goalkeepers don't do that, so it shouldn't matter. I can't see teamwork making a difference either. I would say maybe if a goalkeeper and defender are going for the same ball, but the GK's communication attribute would cover that.

In that case, why bother attributing these stats to the gks??

I mean, as i said in my initial post, it jus weird to be seein top world class gks with low ratings for them, and average gk having higher end ones..

Originally posted by mk2008:

In that case, why bother attributing these stats to the gks??

I mean, as i said in my initial post, it jus weird to be seein top world class gks with low ratings for them, and average gk having higher end ones..

They are probably required to balance the CA

Archived