New tactic 424 piranha (no strikers!)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dimartino, I love you. Marry me. In my new save I'm playing the best team in the country, Glorioso, Benfica. 8 games played, 8 wins. 29 scored, 7 conceded. It's the best. F$&k the strikers. Who needs them?

Porreiro, pah!

Great, but have no ideas: I WILL NOT MARRY YOU!!!

And no way is Benfica the best team in the country!!!! lol

No and yes. Do no move the AMCs. If your striker is top class try him out in the Amc position. Yes it should work!!!

its Henok Goitom probably not the best to pay at AM he is more a target man type player for me, i will have to give it a tweak later on and il get back to you with my results

its Henok Goitom probably not the best to pay at AM he is more a target man type player for me, i will have to give it a tweak later on and il get back to you with my results

First off all try him in the amc position without tweaking for a few matches, and see how it goes.

against 4-2-4 how i set OI???

ricardomac do you use the OI???

I just set STs Wingers and Fullbacks to weaker foot and put Strikers on tight marking. And I use no teamtalks, unless I'm losing at half time or "For the fans", if it's against a rival. Just that.

I just set STs Wingers and Fullbacks to weaker foot and put Strikers on tight marking. And I use no teamtalks, unless I'm losing at half time or "For the fans", if it's against a rival. Just that.

You might want to put the wingers also in tight mark.

After lots of testing arrived to the conclution that a strikerless formation has a better finishing ratio (more goals with less changes) and more clear cut changes with fewer shots.

Tested it for half a season in the Portuguese 2nd division, and honestly the results have been so great (like beating first division teams 5-0!!!) that I had to post it.

Have to say that this is Tylerbode's (GENIUS) PIRANHA with positional changes (the base tactic), then I created 4 more.

424- always start the match with this if you are the underdog, even odds, or slightly favourite (home or away).

424 attack- start with this if you're confident and you are strong favourites.

424 full attack - try to score in the last 15/20 minutes when you are losing.

424 defend - only switch to this if you are under heavy pressure (defending a result or not)

424 full defend - a true wall to defend the victory at all cost

As the best players to each position just follow Tylerbode's recomendations, but the two AMC's should be very techninal players, with good pace, dribbling and finishing, as they carry the ball all the way from midfield to the goal lots of times.

Here's the tactic

tacticg.th.jpg

Results

resultsk.th.jpg

Table

tablef.th.jpg

Tactic Download

http://www.filefront.com/14043011/424PIRANHA.rar

Just played Porto away for the League Cup...went down on penalties! Was never able to balance things with a portuguese giant in first season, I'm really excited about this, take a look (please notice the clear cut chances):

portoq.th.jpg

Can someone please upload the original tactics set from the original post. The two links on this page just do not work. Thanks

you don't use hard tackling???

Nop. That way you will commit fouls and you don't want the ball any near your goal.

I always use it on low bravery players (as recommended by some of the tactical experts in the forum). Can't really say if it has strong influence on way the the match goes, but I certainly started sending out injured some of the AI players, and before I just watched my own players get injured by their's hard tackle!!!

A little update (having almost no time to play) on my save:

Being able to compete with the very best in the Portuguese League with my very weak side and very old (my topgoalscorer Paulo Isidoro is 36 years old!!!). And some of 35, 34, 33 etc etc!!

tablebsh.th.jpg

Is someone out there trying it?

Lots of suffering in the semi-final away to Sporting but I'm in my first BIG final (portuguese League Cup)!!! :)

semit.th.jpg

For those doubting my success (thinking I've ronaldinho, messi and ronaldo or something) here's a pic of my squad (look them up in your saves), most probably don't even exist (I always load all the players from Brazil). It's a really piece of crap OLD team!!!

teamtaf.th.jpg

I'll post an image later, as my cpu is telling me I don't have enough memory to paste the image (probably have to turn it off), but this is umbeliavable, I'm actually fighting for the title with my crap team. Morale is over the roof, entering every match with tremendous confidence, very good attacking and defensively has been rock solid!!!

Finally some serious silverware: won Portuguese League Cup agains Benfica 0-0 at full time, 10-9 penalties (imagine my suffering).

sofrimento.th.jpg

Lots of injuries, forced to send in some of the weaker players, and still they seem to perform great!! This tactic is really doing wonders for me.

Here's how the league is going:

ligajmz.th.jpg

At this point I have to say that I'm astonished at the lack of feedback this tactic is having, considering the HUGE sucess I'm having with it. Is it not working? Why, what happens in your matches? With weak team C.Piedade won Portuguese 2nd League and now finished 4th behind the 3 big clubs. Now went to Nice in French League and started with a 5 win stroke!!! Is this tactic top class, or It's just me?!!?

Recently downloaded this for my Cornwall Cannon's team who were 6th in the EPL (On an edited counties database)

My team looks like this

GK: Howard

LB: Grosso

RB: Beletti

CB: Yobo

CB: Bordon/ Samba

CM: Sissoko/ Scholes

CM: De Jong/ Tiago

AML: Benayoun

AMR: C.Ronaldo

AMC: Ronaldinho

AMC: Bodmer

Was a real risk going for this tactic, as it meant banishing Amauri who I paid 16m for. I've been going alright, A little bit inconsistently. We are 5-3-5 since changing, I'll give it a bit more time to see howw it goes!!

I give this tac a try with FC Dordrecht(lower league team dutch first division)

Media prediction 9 (of 20)

Results:

WIN Away 1-0

WIN Home 4-2

WIN Home 4-4 Cup win the penaltie shootout

LOSE Away 2-4

DRAW Away 2-2

WIN Home 1-0

DRAW Home 1-1

WIN Home 1-0

WIN Away 2-1

LOSE Home 0-1

WIN Home 3-0 (against Premier division club National Cup) !!!

current position 2nd!! (after 16 matches)

Very very very very very nice

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived