Left back - Marcelo or Zhirkov?

FlareFM

I'm having a hard time deciding which of these players would benefit me most at left fullback.

Zhirkov is brilliant on the current patch; superb crossing, pace, dribbling and mental stats coupled with admittedly average defensive qualities although 15 tackling isnt THAT bad for a full back.

I prefer my full backs to be more attacking orientated and get forward to support the midfield on attacks. Zhirkov is brilliant at 24 and will last a good while although he wont develop much more than he currently is however Marcelo is only 20 and has plenty time to develop but I'm wondering if he will become as good as Zhirkov at 24?

Any thoughts? or any other suggestions for a Left back, barring Vargas because he wants to stay at his current club.

I'd go with Zhirkov purely because he's the better player. He can play anywhere down the left and would be a more than capable full-back, Marcelo doesn't become as good as Zhirkov but would probably be a better option if all you're using Zhirkov for is left back.

id nver play either as a left back for any team... they would just about cut it at wingback but thats cutting it fine for me too.. i need big strong defensive fullbacks..

but out of them... zhirkov... young enough and will always be better then marcelo

Archived