using fm 2006 skin for fm 2007?

gallas 10

hey, ok.. firstly i realise this is dumb, but i have ocd, and anyway, that's my excuse for this. basically, i won't play any other game than football manager 2006... ever since the 2007 version there has been those stats boxes on news pages that gives the few basic details about the player or manage, and i know this is stupid, but it irritates me so much that i prefer to use an older version of the game.

however, i'm now wondering it is possible to use the football manager 2006 look, i want to say skin, but i mean the whole generic look, e.g. not having those player stat boxes in the news pages, in football manager 2007? or equally, is it possible that i could somehow take the football manager 2007 database and put it into the football manager 2006 system and do it that way?

basically, i will only use a certain skin (ter) on football manager 2006, but i'm growing tired of starting from that season, and i've used unofficial updates but again, they irritate my set ways and i'd prefer not to play at all rather than use them. ok, so am i absurd or is there any possible way i can make this happen?

haha, thanks, i hope someone can help me.

You can't use an earlier skin on FM07 sadly.

You should be able to edit the FM07 skin to remove the stats though. You need to open the file 'news linked object.xml' in the 'data/panels' folder of your FM07 install. Back up the original and then open the file in notepad or another text editor. Simply deleting everything between <panel> and </panel> should get rid of the entire box, picture and info. Save the file into the panels folder (choose 'all file types' from the drop down box and call it 'news linked object.xml').

You can just get rid of the info table by deleting the table code which starts with '<widget class="table"..... etc' and ends with </widget>.

Archived