Too Many AMC's? Try This 3-1-4-2.

I recently started a game with Real Madrid using crickie's latest update. Wonderful team. Or so I thought. Before this, I had been a loyal supporter of St.Dazzle's 4-5-1 which could win me major honours even with average teams like Tottenham or West Ham. St.Dazzle's formation meant that I could only play 1 AMC at a time. I could play 3 AMC's in the MC positions but it wouldnt really work like I wanted. So I decided to come up with a new tactic which allows me to play with more than 1 AMC. With Kaka, Sneijder, Van der Vaart and Guti in the team I had to make sure of that. And I didnt want to sacrifice my wingers as that will make Ronaldo and Robben useless. So i came up with the following.

Formation - 3-1-4-2

-----FC---FC-----

------------------

ML--MC--MC--MR

-------DMC-------

---DC--DC--DC---

--------GK--------

Team Instructions

Emphasis - Attacking

Passing - Normal

Tackling - Normal

Everything else set to no.

Player Instructions

Passing - All team except DMC set to long.

Tackling - All team except DMC set to hard.

Pressing - GK, DC's and DMC set to no. Rest set to yes.

Pass to - All R/L/C

Set Pieces (A) - GK set to normal. Centre DC and DMC set to back. Rest set to forward.

Set Pieces (D) - GK set to normal. MC's set to normal. One FC set to forward. Rest set to back.

Free Role - All no.

Forward Runs - ML, MR, MC's set to yes. Rest set to no.

Run With Ball - ML, MR, MC's set to yes. Rest set to no.

Hold Up Ball - All no.

Long Shots - DMC, MC's set to yes. Rest set to no.

Throught Balls - All no.

Cross Ball - ML, MR set to yes. Rest set to no.

Marking - Left DC, Right DC and DMC set to man. GK and FC's set to none. Rest set to zonal.

Results

Played 20 games with Real. 17 wins, 3 Draws. Scored 40 and conceded 3. So I thought it was only because of the quality of the squad. So i tested the formation out on a new save with Aston Villa. Got Veloso and Defour at the start of the game to be my first choice DMC and MC respectively. Ashley Young and Gabby Agbonlahor left in the January window of the first season. I brought in Christian Rodriguez and Pogrebnyak to replace them. Renato Augusto also came in to partner Defour in MC so basically my MC's are good young players with potential instead of the World Class ones i had at Real. In my first season, finished second in the league behind Man Utd, knocked out in the quarter finals of the FA Cup and EURO Cup but managed to win the League Cup. Second season was almost the same. Knocked out in the 5th round of the FA Cup, 2nd in the league behind Man Utd again, League Cup champions again and runners up to Chelsea in the Champions League. I'm currently 3rd in the league in my third season having played 31 games. 4 points behind Man City and 2 behind Man Utd. Started the season winning the Community Shield. The League Cup is in the bag for the third year running. And again I've been knocked out of the FA Cup in the early rounds. ECC quarrter finals still to come against AC Milan. Below are my full stats for Villa.

Games Played - 173

Games Won - 112 (64.7%)

Games Drawn - 38 (22.0%)

Games Lost - 23 (13.3%)

Goals Scored - 280 (1.62 p/m)

Goals Conceded - 95 (0.55 p/m)

Conclusion

This formation definitely works well with a world class team. But with an average or above average team like Villa, goals are a lil bit harder to come by. No league success to show for. Only successes have been 3 League Cups and the Community Shield.

Try this if you want 3 attacking central midfielders:

------ FC -------

-----------------

ML MC MC MC MR

----- DMC ------

--- DC DC DC ---

------ GK ------

Emphasis: Attacking

Passing: Normal

Tackling: Normal

Pressing: Yes

Offside Trap: No

Counter Attack: No

Men Behind Ball: No

Passing: All Team

Tackling: All Team

Pressing:

Team - DMC, ML MC CMC MC MR

No - Rest

Pass to: All R/L/C

Set Pieces:

Defending;

Normal - GK

Forward - FC

Back - Rest

Attacking;

Normal - GK

Forward - Rest

Back - CDC, DMC

Free Role: All No

Forward Runs:

Yes - ML MC CMC MC MR, FC

No - Rest

Run With Ball:

Yes - ML MC CMC MC MR, FC

No - Rest

Hold Up Ball: All No

Long Shots:

Yes - MC CMC MC

No - Rest

Through Balls: All No

Cross Ball:

Yes - ML MR

No - Rest

Marking:

None - GK, FC

Zonal - CDC, DMC, ML CMC MR

Man - Rest

CDC = DC DC DC

CMC = MC MC MC

After more testing, found that my formation works in Portugal. I was playing as Sporting unti in game crashed in Feb of the first season. Top of the league with only one defeat, throught to the knockout stages in europe and still in every cup competition. With Veloso and Moutinho pulling the strings in midfield and Liedson banging in the goals, we were unstoppable. Also tested in my current game where i plan to make a 30 season career (LINK). Began with Cambridge, romped thru BSP and offered the job at Everton in Feb. Finished third improving a place from when i took over. Now in my second season, 3 wins and 1 draw from the first 4 matches put me second in the league on goal difference. Also just beat Barca 1-0 in the ECC group stages.

Also tested St.Dazzle's 3-6-1. Won the Euro Cup and Spanish La Liga with Sevilla. So thumbs up St.Dazzle. Ur tactic is working again.

Archived