Can someone explain to me where I need to put my edt files?

skinnymalinky

I'm on 9.3 and have the weegie update. I'm not too bothered about using Weegie on this save, I just want to retain some players from certain clubs.

I've downloaded the file I need but I can't remember where it has to go. Atm, I have it in My Documents --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2009 --> db --> FM WeGIE Update --> edt --> db. I know it has to go into an edt folder but I'm not sure if it has to go in the db folder within the edt folder. Also, do I have to click user extra files when I start the game? (I assume the answer is yes but it didn't seem to work, so I can only presume that the file is in the wrong folder).

I've just tried to start a new game but it isn't working. For some reason if I put the file in the Weegie update folder I have no option to select the Weegie patch, only 9.0, 9.20 and 9.3.

If I were to create an edt folder in the FM 2009 folder (My Documents --> Sports Interactive --> Football Manager 2009) would I then be able to use the extra files in 9.3? I'm not too bothered about using Weegie for this save. I do apologise, I'm not too computer savvy.

Might be worth asking why the weegie update isn't showing up in the editors hideaway. But if you want to use the 9.3 database instead, it doesn't go in my documents, it goes here: C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\edt

Or if you use steam: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\football manager 2009\data\updates\update-930\db\930\edt

Archived