Player Interaction

Firstly, Hi, I am new to the site so be gentle with me. Have trawled through looking for this info, but unable to find, but apologise in advance for starting a new thread if it's there hidden somewhere........!!....anyway, the player interaction facility, how often would you recommend using it??........once/twice a season, or more regular??.........also while your there, i have looked at Ridley's threads on tactics and Jambo daves tactics etc, and are you better to fit the players to set tactics or fit the tactics to the players???

Cheers Chids

Firstly, Hi, I am new to the site so be gentle with me. Have trawled through looking for this info, but unable to find, but apologise in advance for starting a new thread if it's there hidden somewhere........!!....anyway, the player interaction facility, how often would you recommend using it??........once/twice a season, or more regular??.........also while your there, i have looked at Ridley's threads on tactics and Jambo daves tactics etc, and are you better to fit the players to set tactics or fit the tactics to the players???

Cheers Chids

Hey Chids welcome to the forums....

Well for me, i use the player interaction until my assistant manager tells me it is making the player take it easy in training or something else negative like that.(so usually only a few times during a season)

As for tactics, i usually try and make my players fit into my formation. It takes someone special (for me anyways) to base my tactics around them

welcome chids,

to be honest player interaction i hardly use as i would prefer to fine players for outbursts etc instead of putting them down.

Formation its better to buy the players to fit into your tatics especially ones that have been proven to work

Thanks Bergkamp and Ridley, have been reading through the threads and making notes etc on some of the tips, younger players etc. I have normally started in league 2 with each game and taken my team to premiership. Usually use standard 4-4-2 in league 1 & 2 then revert to 3-5-2 in top two divisions. I will maybe look at having a go at some of the challenges as well, are there any particular ones more applicable to novices. Thanks

Hey Chids, welcome to the forum. To start with, I would strongly recommend fitting the players and transfers around your tactic (unless you have very limited transfer budget).

I would also advice you to use the 'Jambo Dave 3-5-2' formation as it is the most consistent formation in any FMH game in my opinion. However, if you are a lower league team, you concede lots of goals with this tactic.

If you can find a central midfielder with some okay stats (look for the attributes mentioned in the Jambo Dave tactic thread) this tactic will be brilliant in all leagues and you will score more than you concede.

Sorry, I forgot to respond about player interaction. I would recommend using it when a players morale drops slightly or they are on top of the World. I would recommend using the assistant mangers opinion though but I'm not 100% sure as I don't use it too often. Hope this is of any help to you and ask any more questions you may have.

Thanks LFE, only in my third game in 08, and have so far utilised the interaction feature on average twice per season. Have just used the assistant managers opinion each time. I need to develop my tactis as well, as i tend to use the standard pre-set tactics. Once i've reached the championships with this current game I will try Jambo Dave's tactics fully and see how i get on.

Thanks for all the positive comments

There us currently a known problem with the game occasionally freezing, though not so often. this will be fixed for the next version hopefully.

Welcome to the forums Chids icon_biggrin.gif

Archived