From Turin, With Love

Leaf_Fan_85

March 5th 2006 ~ Media Speculation

The day started off with an easy victory predicted for the away squad. Although every news station is reporting on my departure to Inter, and not focusing on the potentially deciding match for the Serie A title. I came out with a harsh statement that the media don’t want to see me succeed, and are trying everything they can in order to do what no team in Serie A have been able to do, beat us. So I told them to do their worst, because nothing will stop me from winning all the hardware this season. I sarcastically thanked them for their time, and went into the Olimpico Stadium for the contest.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Lazio

Stadio Olimpico, Rome

Starting XI:

GK – De Sanctis

DC – Cioffi

DC – Barzagli

WBR – Zambrotta

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Pazzini

FC – Toni

FC – Gilardino

Subs: Buffon, Nesta, Cannavaro, Kallstrom, Lazzari, Tevez, Baggio

Juventus sent a message to everyone today. They knew I was staying, and that the media were unable to stop us. 37 seconds into the contest Luca Toni scored for a 1-0 lead. The Juventus fans were chanting Toni’s name, and he took a bow and pumped his fists into the air. This was going to be a blowout, and I can only thank the media for it. However, the referees once again feel compelled to help everyone else try to beat us, and a controversial goal was allowed, when a Lazio player seemed to have jumped unfairly with the small Cioffi and Lazio draw level. The half came, but before the whistle, Del Piero was fouled hard, and would not continue the second half, and I wasn’t very pleased.

Halftime:

Juventus 1 (Toni 1’) Lazio 1

The second half saw Pazzini take control of the game, by skinning a defender and putting a hard shot past the keeper for a 2-1 lead. However, the referees intervene again, as Lazio go 3 men offside and the flag stays down. They shoot at De Sanctis and he stops it, but the rebound goes in. I got up and began to yell at the linesman asking him where the offside call was. I’m convinced the refs are being bought off by the opposing teams, as this is now the 7th “goal†given up by the Juve team in the last couple of games. And of course, it gets worse.

Lazio once again go offside for a 3-2 lead. This is getting ridiculous. The game ends, with me not a very happy man, going down 3-2 in a game we should’ve won easily, the media busting my chops every chance they get, and the referees giving favorable calls to the other team.

Final Score:

Juventus 2 (Toni 1 Pazzini 48’) Lazio 3

MoM: Luca Toni

When asked by the media my thoughts about today’s game I told them the refs can go to hell, and so could they, and left.

March 8th 2006 ~ Return Leg

The last few days have seen more reports of me jumping ship to Inter. I repeatedly told the media to shut up, and move on. Today’s contest pitted the return leg of Ajax and Juve, for a spot in the quarter final. I banned all media before and after today’s game. Let’s hope for a victory, and not another screwjob.

Champion’s League 2nd Leg

Juventus vs. Ajax

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Toni

FC – Tevez

Subs: De Sanctis, Barzagli, Cioffi, De Rossi, Lazzari, Tevez, Gilardino

The game began with another horrible call going against Juventus. Nesta was judged to have fouled de Jong in the box and Ajax was awarded a penalty. They converted and it looked as if the screw Juve had moved to UEFA competitions as well. Pirlo took control, and drew level moments later with a trademark long range effort to draw level at one. Luca Toni then decided to take over in the goal scoring department by scoring two back to back identical headers for a 3-1 lead. The half came, with Juventus dominating.

Half Time:

Juventus 3 (Pirlo 5’ Toni 13’ 26’) Ajax 1

The second half started with a bang. Roberto Baggio headed home a beautiful long throw from Chiellini for a 4-1 lead. Del Piero made it 5-1 with a long shot that took a few deflections along the way. Ajax added a late consolation goal, but it was too late as Juventus walked away 5-2 winners this afternoon and 8-5 winners on aggregate.

Final Score:

Juventus 5 (Pirlo 5’ Toni 13’ 26’ Baggio 46’ Del Piero 55’) Ajax 2

MoM: Roberto Baggio

After the game, I was asked by a Juventus.it reporter about my thoughts on today’s contest. I told him that once again the refereeing was a little substandard, but it didn’t costs us, since UEFA seemed more into having a team win with honour than by fixing. I was then informed by the reporter that we weren’t out of the woods yet, and there were still a few more games to be played until the final. I told him confidence is sky high at Delle Alpi, and no referee, no board chairman and no crooked official will stop me from winning the treble.

March 10th 2006 ~ Next Round

I was informed via the morning news we had drawn Arsenal in the quarter final of the Champion’s League. Also, the media speculation had finally ended on me moving to Inter as Nevio Scala was named manager. I immediately sent out a media comment, hoping Inter crash and burn. That being said, our match vs. Treviso Sunday is being billed as a big encounter. I shrugged it off, and made a final quip about as long as the referees aren’t being paid to make bad calls, I’ll keep winning. This may have been a blessing in disguise, as I could win the title on home turf, as opposed away. Let’s hope tomorrow proves a result I will be happy about, as opposed to my last few games.

March 12th 2006 ~ Game Time

This morning was a potentially important one. With our U20s winning the U20 cup, they had a trophy under their belt. A few more wins will see them hoist the U20 title, and a few call ups to the senior squad for certain players will be forthcoming. Meanwhile, tonight we play Treviso at home, and let’s hope the refereeing in today’s contest doesn’t take centre stage.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Treviso

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – De Sanctis

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Toni

FC – Tevez

Subs: Buffon, Barzagli, Cioffi, De Rossi, Lazzari, Tevez, Gilardino

With Treviso fighting bravely against relegation, Treviso would be more than happy with a draw. 5 minutes in, Del Piero looked to have scored his 150th career Serie A goal, but was called for offside. I thought the bad refereeing would continue. Roberto Baggio opened the scoring 12’ in with a deflected shot from just outside the box for a 1-0 lead. Luca Toni scored on a goal mouth scramble for a 2-0 Juve lead, and Carlos Tevez scored on a header for a 3-0 lead at the break.

Halftime:

Juventus 3 (Baggio 13’ Toni 31’ Tevez 44’) Treviso 0

The 2nd half was extremely uneventful until the last few minutes. De Sanctis gets hit with a sucker punch from the Treviso player, and with all subs used, Roberto Baggio had to go in net, after De Sanctis held his mouth in pain. I was furious, but still managed to get the clean sheet, with a deserved 3-0 win.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Baggio 13’ Toni 31’ Tevez 44’) Treviso 0

After the match, I was asked about the incident at the end of the game. I called out the Treviso coach, saying he was a jerk for sucker punching my goalie like he did. The FA overturned the suspension and I told them the FA is filled with a bunch of criminals, who really wanted me to not win the title, but that wouldn’t happen. I once again said the FA was really against Juventus, but they won’t be able to stop the mighty Juventus. With that, I went back to my office, and prepared for our match against Cagliari.

My uncle informed me that De Sanctis suffered a broken jaw, and would be out for 3 weeks. Now that I was down to a single goalie, I had a very tough time ahead. Although I’m playing Cagliari in the next game, I’ll be playing in Sicily and away matches are not easily won. That being said, I’m currently 21 points ahead of Milan with 9 games to go. Let’s hope for some more wins my way, and the title to be won sooner than later.

March 19th 2006 ~ Injury Crisis

The day started with Luca Toni landing a sore wrist after falling awkwardly in training. With him injured, there are 3 players out for today’s contest, including both backup goalies. Buffon best not get hurt today, or else I’m going to be in big trouble.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Cagliari

Sant’Ellia, Cagliari

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cioffi

DC – Barzagli

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Lazzari

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Pazzini

FC – Tevez

Subs: Nesta, Cannavaro, Zambrotta, Kallstrom, Nedved, Cassano, Gilardino

No contest first half, no chances, and a really boring 45 minutes.

Halftime:

Juventus 0 Cagliari 0

Del Piero was fouled in the area late in the half for a penalty kick. Surprised that it was actually called, Del Piero scored for a 1-0 lead. But of course, the referee gave Cagliari a penalty kick moments later, and they draw level. Baggio scores what was believed the winning goal in the 90’ minute, but Cagliari got a late equalizer, in the 7th minute of injury time. Yet another blatant referee fix that allows the opposing team to steal points from Juve costs us the Serie A title. I’m starting to get fed up with this bull crap, and am going all out next game.

Final Score:

Juventus 2 (Del Piero (pk 84’) Baggio 90’) Cagliari 2

MoM: Alessandro Del Piero

Ch 22nd 2006 ~ Italian Cup

With a few bad results thanks to some bad refs the last few games, I decided to hire some cameramen for today’s game just to prove my point. That being said, I was fully prepared to go for goal today.

Coppa Italian

Juventus vs. Inter

Giuseppe Meazza San Siro

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Grosso

WBL – Chiellini

MC – Kallstrom

MC – Lazzari

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Cassano

FC – Pazzini

FC – Gilardino

Subs: Barzagli, Cioffi, Zambrotta, Pirlo, Nedved, Tevez, Baggio

With Juventus on a high, Del Piero started strong. A low drive beat Toldo for a 1-0 lead. Inter strike back on a very close non offside call which Martins scored to draw level. Juventus took exception, and came out flying after the goal. Del Piero scored a 25 yard banana shot for a 2-1 lead. An Inter mental lapse sent Cassano in on a breakaway and made it 3-1. Juve lead at the break, and I don’t think any referee blunder can stop me today.

Halftime:

Juventus 3 (Del Piero 11’ 21’ Cassano 28’) Inter 1

The second half saw Cassano take control of the game. He took the ball from a Del Piero cross and slotted it home for a 4-1 lead. Gilardino took a Cassano long ball to make it 5-1, and I think I finally hit my groove again. Pazzini late in the game finally gets back on the score sheet with a nice header and a 6-1 lead. Pazzini adds another and Juventus coast to a 7-1 victory in the first leg of the Coppa Italia.

Final Score:

Juventus 7 (Del Piero 11’ 21’ Cassano 25’ 47’ Gilardino 60’ Pazzini 87’ 90’) Inter 1

MoM: Gianpaolo Pazzini

March 26th 2006 ~ The Title Chase

Today’s match against Messina could prove to be the end of the Serie A. A strong first team will play on the home field today, and let’s hope for a strong result from the boys in the bianconero jersey.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Messina

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Grosso

WBL – Chiellini

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Gilardino

FC – Toni

FC – Cassano

Subs: De Sanctis, Cioffi, Zambrotta, De Rossi, Lazzari, Baggio, Tevez

With the title in the cards, Juventus came out hard. They had chances to open the scoring, but were turned away by the keeper. Nedved picked up a poor clearing attempt and struck it with power, and it somehow managed to go untouched 25 yards bottom corner for a 1-0 Juventus lead. The returning Luca Toni showed how good he was on the ball by taking a pass in the area, beating his man and calmly bulged the onion bag for his 41st goal of the season, and a 2-0 Juventus lead. Can this finally be the game Juventus take the title home?

Halftime:

Juventus 2 (Nedved 23’ Toni 34’) Messina 0

Luca Toni was intentionally elbowed on a corner kick and went down hard. No foul on the play, and Toni was unable to get up. I was shouting for the physios to run onto the field for treatment, but the referee waved them off, allowing some form of advantage, which almost resulted in a goal for Messina. Toni was finally subbed off for Carlos Tevez, and the FA will be hearing from me again. Andrea Pirlo lowered his head and drove a shot in from distance to put the game out of reach, and looked to have won the Serie A title. Messina scored a late consolation goal, but Juventus held on for a 3-1 victory, but Milan also were victorious, and the Serie A was still open, but it was a 2 team race, and with a 21 point lead and 7 games to go, Milan still had a chance, albeit a very, very slim one, to capture the title.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Nedved 23’ Toni 34’ Pirlo 49’) Messina 1

MoM: Fabio Grosso.

March 29th 2006 ~ The Champion’s League

There are 3 things you don’t do in life. You don’t spit in the wind, you don’t tug on Superman’s cape, and you most of all don’t make an Italian angry. The Italian FA has decided my ramblings in the media were enough to merit a fine. I told them to go to hell, and prepared for our Champion’s League contest against the visitng Arsenal this evening at Delle Alpi.

Champion’s League 1st Leg

Juventus vs. Arsenal

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Gilardino

FC – Toni

FC – Cassano

Subs: De Sanctis, Cioffi, Grosso, Kallstrom, Lazzari, Tevez, Baggio

With Juventus riding high, Arsenal tried for an early goal. Buffon was on his toes this evening, and was looking for the clean sheet, stopping Henry from close range twice in succession. Andrea Pirlo was the man who opened the scoring 20’ in, with a free kick that beat the keeper for a 1-0 lead. Arsenal did all they could to get the equalizer before the break, but were unsuccessful and went in behind 1-0.

Halftime:

Juventus 1 (Pirlo 20’) Arsenal 0

Luca Toni had one mission today, and that was to score a goal. He did so in the 49’ minute after Cassano lobbed a cross in, and Toni out jumped Cole and the keeper to head it in for the insurance tally, and his 43rd tally of the season. The game ended with an uneventful second half, as Arsenal were completely deflated after Toni’s goal.

Final Score:

Juventus 2 (Pirlo 20 Toni 49’) Arsenal 0

MoM: Gianluigi Buffon

With Ascoli up next, I knew this would be the contest to win the league. I was still somewhat debating whether to throw the game, in order to win on home turf, but decided not to, only to spite the FA. Ascoli would be the match to win us the Serie A, and I can’t wait until Sunday’s match.

April 2nd 2006 ~ APRIL FOOLS!

With the beginning of April arriving and no Serie A title yet, I was becoming an extremely impatient man. I was hoping to have had the title secured by now, but was thwarted by referees, the FA and of course the referees. My uncle decided to loosen the pressure by taking the family for breakfast that morning, prior to our victory. He, along with my nephew and myself went to a little café for some pancakes and coffee. The pressure was getting to me, and for some odd reason the Juventus board have yet to offer me a contract extension. I was very eager to re-sign, but I guess they didn’t want me back. I could just resign, or play the primavera squad and throw the season, but I had my goals, and knew everyone back home were hoping for me to fail, and that just drove me forward. Now that the reports of me jumping ship to Inter were finally over, I was still unsure of what potential surprise is in store for me and what the media may do to try to unsettle the team harmony in Turin. I didn’t have to wait long, as I looked at the paper, and read that Gianpaolo Pazzini and Giampiero Pinzi were both upset at their lack of first team football. Upset by this, I went to the training grounds and asked them both to explain their actions by going to the media and not to me. They both felt they were vital members of the team, and I reminded them they were backups, and if they continued this way, could be very easily replaced. They apologized for actions, and I immediately fined them a week’s wages for the unprofessional behavior, but put them in the starting lineup for today’s actions to show I wasn’t holding a grudge.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Siena

Artemio Franchi, Siena

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Pazzini

FC – Toni

FC – Baggio

Subs: De Sanctis, Cioffi, Grosso, Kallstrom, Lazzari, Tevez, Gilardino

With the Serie A title at hand, Luca Toni stepped up in a big way, to leave his mark on the title run. He opened the contest with a glorious header to make it 1-0. Moments later, he beat his man and put the ball in the net for his second of the game. The Toni show continued with a hat trick goal coming off a corner and into the back of the net for a 3-0 lead. Just before the half Siena scored to make it 3-1, but the FA were prepping for the title presentation after today’s matchup.

Halftime:

Juventus 3 (Toni 8’ 17’ 24’) Siena 1

Nothing doing in the second half. Boring football, but Juventus managed to hang onto victory, and Scudetto number 29 was officially won. I couldn’t have been happier for the team, they thoroughly deserved this.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Toni 8’ 17’ 24’) Siena 1

MoM: Luca Toni.

April 5th 2006 ~ Greetings And Salutations

After a huge celebration party for winning the Serie A title, we traveled to London for the second leg of the Champion’s League quarter final. A win or a tie will send us through to the next round. I didn’t want a tie, I wanted a win. A big win. With that, I sent out my first XI today, hoping for a good result.

Champion’s League 2nd Leg Quarter Final

Juventus vs. Arsenal

Highbury, London

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta

MC – Nedved

MC – Pirlo

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Toni

FC – Cassano

Subs: De Sanctis, Cioffi, Chiellini, Kallstrom, Lazzari, Tevez, Gilardino

With Arsenal desperate for goals, they were going all out and hard. Henry had many chances to break the deadlock, but was unable to do so, with Buffon standing tall as usual. Luca Toni opened the scoring with a lovely killer ball by Pirlo that splits the defense and he beats the keeper with a low shot for a 1-0 lead. He went over to the Juventus supporters, and did his trademark I CAN’T HEAR YOU celebration, and the Juventus fans were chanting Luca’s name. With the 1-0 lead, I took the foot off the gas, as Arsenal need 4 goals to beat me now. Ashley Cole attempted to send Henry but, was intercepted by Del Piero, who gave the ball to Luca Toni and walked in alone. The Arsenal keeper took Cassano down, and the ref pointed to the spot. Del Piero made no mistake, and gave Juventus a 2-0 lead. This was just about over, and I was preparing for the next round of the Champion’s League as I heard the whistle to signal the half.

Halftime:

Juventus 2 (Toni 8’ Del Piero (pk 22’)) Arsenal 0

Roberto Baggio was elbowed in the face and was subbed for Carlos Tevez. On the ensuing free kick, Del Piero sent it in for Toni, who knocked it down to Cassano who buried it for a 3-0 lead. The game ended with Juventus celebrating at Highbury, and moving to the semi finals.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Toni 8’ Del Piero (pk 22’) Cassano 52’) Arsenal 0

April 6th 2006 ~ WOW!

The draw saw Juventus take on the mighty Chelski in the semi finals. Thankfully I had the league won, and Chelsea hadn’t. This would prove to be the potential wild card in a battle of soccer giants. Bayern Munich drew Real Madrid in the other semi final. This will be a great matchup.

April 9th 2006 ~ Youth Invasion

With the Serie A Title won, my youngsters would get their first chances at the big time. A total of 4 players are making their debut with the big club, and although we may lose, I won’t care.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Udinese

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – De Sanctis

DC – C. Cioffi

DC – P. Cioffi

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – De Ceglie

MC – Jamie Del Zotto

MC – Steve Daponte

AMC – Kallstrom ©

FC – Flachi

FC – Gilardino

FC – Pazzini

Subs: Carbonara, Barzagli, Chiellini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Tevez, Del Piero

With a fairly boring contest, the youngsters held their own against Udinese’s first time. Despite being down 1-0 at half time, I’m proud they’re able to hand in there with much older players.

Halftime:

Juventus 0 Udinese 1

I must say I’m a brilliant manager. After the break the Juventus youngsters came out flying. Alberto Gilardino drew level with a thunderous goal from just inside the area for 1-1. Pazzini made it 2-1 after taking a Gilardino rebound into the open net. Kallstrom made it 3-1 and over with a thunderous right footed free kick from some way out, and Gilagol added his second of the contest, a carbon copy of his goal earlier in the half, for a wonderful 4-1 victory.

Final Score:

Juventus 4 (Gilardino 48’ 88’ Pazzini 61’ Kallstrom 67’) Udinese 1

MoM: Alberto Gilardino

April 16th 2006 ~ Ciao Ciao.

With a 7-1 aggregate with away goals in my favor, I figured this was a no contest, and let Giuseppe Grossi take control of this game, and watched from the stands. A 1-1 draw saw Juventus move on as 8-2 aggregate winners, and taking on AC Milan in the final. This will be a very good final, but I think I have what it takes to walk away victorious. With the Champion’s League my all encompassing goal, I’m still going to push for the treble.

Days later, I left for England to watch Chelsea first hand, and Giuseppe Grossi handled the squad for its match against Reggina. The game ended with a 4-4 draw, and I had the team flied out immediately to England to work on our game for Chelsea.

April 23rd 2006 ~ Battle of The Giants

With today’s fixture against billionaire Roman, wonder coach Jose Mourinho and the billion dollar team, matched up against Don Carlo Cardelli, Captain Alex, and the Italian Hitman Luca Toni, along with the rest of the Juventus squad faced off in a significant battle of Football Giants.

Champion’s League Semi-Final 1st Leg

Juventus vs. Chelsea

Stamford Bridge, London

Starting XI;

GK – Carbonara

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Nedved

MC – Pirlo

AMC - Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Toni

FC – Cassano

Subs: Buffon, Barzagli, Zambrotta, Lazzari, De Rossi, Tevez, Gilardino

With most of Chelsea’s players extremely fatigued, Juventus took the game to the billion dollar team. Despite his vast array of talent, Mourinho depended on his usual first team. Chelsea was completely flat, and paid for it dearly. Alessandro Del Piero in the 3rd minute picked up a loose ball, waltzed his way through Chelsea’s defense and hammered home a low drive past Cech for a 1-0 lead. Alex doubled his tally with a long range free kick that rounded the wall and caught Cech looking at the shot rather tan attempting to make the stop. The Italian Hitman decided to get into the match and with a glorious run from his own 18 yard box, through the entire Chelsea squad and beats Cech for a 3-0 Juventus lead. The halftime whistle comes mercifully, and I think I’m on my way to the finals.

Halftime:

Juventus 3 (Del Piero 3’ 14’ Toni 22’) Chelsea 0

With the second half seemingly put away, Juventus took the foot off the gas. Chelsea got a late consolation goal, which may prove vital, but with a 2 away goal aggregate taking back at Delle Alpi, it looks as if La Vecchia Signora will move onto the final.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Del Piero 3’ 14’ Toni 22’) Chelsea 1

MoM: Alessandro Del Piero

With that victory, we go back home to Italy to prepare for our contest against Palermo, and I may help Palermo’s push for the second spot in the Serie A. Then again, maybe not. We’ll just have to wait and see what results come up for this weekend.

April 23rd 2006 ~ The Champs Are Here

I settled for my kid lineup today, hoping not to get embarrassed, but these kids knew how to play football, so I wasn’t worried.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Palermo

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Carbonara

DC – Barzagli

DC – P. Cioffi

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta

MC – Daponte

MC – Del Zotto

AMC – Lazzari

FC – Flachi

FC – Gilardino ©

FC – Pazzini

Subs: De Sanctis, Zambrotta, Chiellini, Grosso, Tevez, Del Piero, Toni

3 young guns made a name for themselves this afternoon. Steve Daponte hammered a long drive top corner for his first ever senior goal. Pazzini left his mark on the game with a header from a Pinzi cross for a 2-0 lead. Jamie Del Zotto added his first senior goal with a similar goal like his good buddy Steve. The half ended with Juventus 3-0 ahead, and all but guaranteeing victory.

Halftime:

Juventus 3 (Daponte 11’ Pazzini 21’ Del Zotto 30’) Palermo 0

The second half didn’t see much action, except Jamie getting his second, as well as Pazzini getting his second goal of the game with a glorious left foot. Palermo got a late consolation goal, but too little too late.

Final Score:

Juventus 5 (Daponte 11’ Pazzini 21’ 70’ Del Zotto 30’ 65’) Palermo 1

MoM: Gianpaolo Pazzini

April 26th 2006 ~ The Return Home

With today’s Champion’s League Semi Final Second Leg at home at Delle Alpi, it was almost certain to bet on the home team advancing. There were nerves throughout the pregame warm up, and I had calmed the team down just enough not to make mistakes on the pitch, but not too much to not have them play the best game of their lives, because Chelsea will definitely be coming out hard to prove they’re still unbeatable. Let’s hope for a response from my team this evening.

Champion’s League Semi Final 2nd Leg

Juventus vs. Chelsea

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Nedved

MC – Pirlo

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Cassano

FC – Toni

FC – Baggio

Subs: Carbonara, Barzagli, Zambrotta, Kallstrom, Lazzari, Tevez, Gilardino

Chelsea came all out to win today, but had to do so by scoring 3 times, which doing so at Delle Alpi against the mighty Juventus backline and goalie, was next to impossible. With many former Juventus players in their lineup it was possible, but highly unlikely. Juve were keen to play a possession game, and take a chance or two at goal when the need arose, but mostly, they were playing “boring football†which I had somewhat asked them to do, just prior to the contest, only this once. Chelsea got some chances, half chances mainly that didn’t bother Buffon, thanks to the tight defending and closing down quickly of some of their players by the all 11 players on the field. The half ended with a chance for Juve to go up 1-0, but Toni’s header hit the bar, and cleared away.

Halftime:

Juventus 0 Chelsea 0

I was happy with their performance at the half, but wanted the boys to get at least a goal, and make Chelsea more uncomfortable on the field. My prayers were answered when Antonio Cassano lowered his head and he drilled a low shot to Cech’s right and into the onion bag for a 1-0 lead. Chelsea were desperate now, and did everything they could to try to win today’s contest, but Juventus stood tall, and took everything that came their way, and were just not able to be broken down. Just when everyone thought Chelsea couldn’t be beat, Juventus took Chelsea to their limit, and beat them in two consecutive matches, thanks in large part of their superior skill, their great coaching, and most of all, the fact they secured their domestic title early, while Chelsea is still chasing Liverpool for the Premiership.

Final Score:

Juventus 1 (Cassano 47’) Chelsea 0

MoM: Gianluigi Buffon

After the match, chairman Franzo Grande Stevens congratulated our victory and reaching the final with a handshake and a bottle of wine. I thanked him for the wine, but asked him about my new contract. He said he was getting his lawyers and the board together tomorrow for a board meeting, and once they have the new budget set, I’ll be given a new deal.

April 30th 2006 ~ Serie A

Another Serie A match, which I had lost complete interest in managing now that I had won it all, and more focused on our triple header again Milan. Two Italian Cup matches and the Serie A matchup, not to mention the Champion’s League final against Bayern Munich.

The final score in today’s Serie A match at home to Reggina, managed by Giuseppe Grossi was 4-1, Gilardino with the hat trick and MoM honors. The end of April came and the final month of the campaign begins with May.

May 3rd 2006 ~ Coppa Finale

With the first leg of the Coppa Italia final played on home soil, I was torn as to who to play. Do I use the first team, build up a large away goal lead and rest, or do I rest the big guns these 2 games, play them in the second leg and have them rested for the Champ’s League Final? I Decided on the resting the big guns, letting the kids play and go from there. Can’t be that bad right?

Coppa Italia Final 1st Leg

Juventus vs. Milan

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon ©

DC – C. Cioffi

DC – P. Cioffi

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta

MC – Daponte

MC – Del Zotto

AMC – Kallstrom

FC – Tevez

FC – Gilardino

FC – Pazzini

Subs: De Sanctis, Barzagli, Chiellini, Pirlo, Nedved, Del Piero, Toni

With a fairly senior bench I was hoping not to have to use them today. It was a fairly forgettable first half, until the dying moments when Carlos Tevez headed home a Pazzini cross to open the scoring for today’s contest. A victory is looking very attainable this afternoon.

Halftime:

Juventus 1 (Tevez 45’) Milan 0

The second half had me telling the boys to keep turning on the pressure. However, it was Milan who got the goal to draw level at 1-1. Carlos Tevez stole the second half for the home side, netting the hat-trick first by getting his second heading home a deflected cross, and the 3rd goal, by rounding Dida and softly depositing the ball into the goal. Gilardino added an insurance goal to make it 4-1, but I’m not out of the woods yet I’m afraid. There’s still another leg to be played, and with that pivotal away goal, Milan still have a good chance of winning it all.

Final Score

Juventus 4 (Tevez 45’ 81’ 88’ Gilardino 90’) Milan 1

MoM: Carlos Tevez.

Milan was up next, and in Serie A, and I figured that the same first team, minus GiGi Buffon will take part in the fixture. After all, I beat them handily, and this will boost confidence in Delle Alpi camp with the non regulars getting some more time, and the all important rest period. FORZA JUVE!

May 7th 2006 ~ Hello Again

With me not completely interested in today’s matchup, I decided to let Giuseppe Grossi take control, but with only 1 regular in the lineup. I wanted Big Luca to get his 15oth career Serie A goal, and he did so, in a 2-1 to Milan at San Siro. Not that it matters anymore, the league is won, and my regulars will play Wednesday in the second leg, to make sure we get the victory. Let’s go.

May 10th 2006 ~ Return Leg.

With the defeat a few days ago, with a relatively inferior squad and in Milan, I knew the kids did well for themselves. However, I don’t want to take any chances of losing the 2nd leg and the title, so a mainly 1st team will participate in today’s contest.

Italian Cup 2nd Leg Final

Juventus vs. Milan

Giuseppe Meazza, San Siro Milan

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Pazzini

FC – Gilardino

FC – Tevez

Subs: Carbonara, Barzagli, Zambrotta, De Rossi, Lazzari, Baggio, Toni

With Milan trying al they can to get the needed 3 goals to win, Juventus were up to the task. Despite Shevchenko’s spectacular goal to draw Milan to 2 goals back, Juventus stood tall. The half ended with Del Piero narrowly missing a free kick over the bar.

Halftime:

Juventus 0 Milan 1

The second half saw Milan try and try to get even, but Juventus set up a brick wall. The cement which held the wall was Buffon, who was spectacular, and deservedly should win the MoM. Despite Milan dominating, Juventus held on, and despite being 1-0 losers, they win 4-2 on aggregate and take home the Italian Cup.

Final Score

Milan 1 Juventus 0

MoM: Gianluigi Buffon.

Mr. Stevens held another celebration that evening for our first Italian Cup since the mid 90s. We celebrated well into the night, but not forgetting that our major goal was still a week away. The Champion’s League. I’ll be ready to get back to work in a few days, once this party is over, and I recover from the night of fun.

May 14th 2006 ~ Have A Good One

With the Serie A all but over, Juventus tangle with AS Roma for the final game of the Serie A campaign at Delle Alpi, before heading off to France for the Champion’s League Final. Not wanting to take any chances, a second XI will participate in today’s contest.

Serie A

Juventus vs. Roma

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Carbonara

DC – C. Cioffi

DC – P. Cioffi

WBR – Pinzi

WBL – Zambrotta ©

MC – Kallstrom

MC – De Rossi

AMC – Lazzari

FC – Tevez

FC – Pazzini

FC – Gilardino

Subs: De Sanctis, Barzagli, Chiellini, Pirlo, Nedved, Del Piero, Toni

The game was one to forget, except if your name was Alberto Gilardino. Seeing he wanted to leave some sort of mark, Prince Albert scored his 20th goal of the season by bending a long shot from the top of the area to top corner for a 1-0 Juventus lead. Carbonara played very well, and remembering he was only 16 years old, he played extremely well, making some important saves in backstopping the team to a first half clean sheet.

Halftime:

Juventus 1 (Gilardino 25’) Roma 0

The second half saw Juventus content with holding possession, and trying to go over the top to get a second goal. Gilardino got the second goal from a corner kick, heading home a low header that somehow missed all the legs in the box for a 2-0 lead. Kallstrom before the end of the game made it 3-0 with a textbook long shot a good 30 yards away. A 3-0 victory and the official trophy presentation after the contest saw Juventus conquer Italy for the 29th time in club history. Now, we conquer Europe.

Final Score:

Juventus 3 (Gilardino 25’ 66’ Kallstrom 88’) Roma 0

MoM: Giuseppe Carbonara

May 17th 2006 ~ The Champion’s League

In a rematch of the 1997 final, Juventus take on Bayern Munich in France. I was extremely nervous prior to today’s contest. Even if we lose, I can be happy as how far we made it, and what I’ve done. Already the owner of two major trophies, the signatures of some of Italy’s top players, and not to mention a very beautiful girlfriend in Lisa Sangezzi, who has joined us for today’s contest, but there are 2 things missing. A new contract to guarantee my stay at Delle Alpi, and the Champion’s League trophy. Having said that, my quest to win the treble ends tonight.

Champion’s League Final

Juventus vs. Bayern Munich

Stade de France, Saint-Denis

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Pirlo

MC – Nedved

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Baggio

FC – Toni

FC – Cassano

Subs: De Sanctis, Barzagli, Zambrotta, De Rossi, Kallstrom, Tevez, Gilardino

I figured that the opening moments of today’s contest would be both teams feeling each other out to see how they will vary their attack. This proved to be not so, as Antonio Cassano stopped a Pirlo blast with the Bayern goalie down and out thinking the shot would reach him, flicked the ball in the air, and hit a beautiful bicycle kick into the open net for an early 1-0 lead. Bayern Munich were completely deflated after that goal, and had conceded defeat, but not before taking the legs away from Roberto Baggio at the 7’ mark. He looked in obvious pain, but waved off my calling him over to the bench, and soldiered on. Antonio Cassano added another at the half hour mark with a long Chiellini over the top lob for a clean breakaway, and from 30 yards out, chips the keeper for a 2-0 lead. Del Piero could have ended the game at the stroke of half time, but he hit the goal post on the penalty kick to keep the score at 2-0 as the ref blew for halftime.

Half Time

Juventus 2 (Cassano 2’ 33’) Bayern Munich 0

At the half, I asked Roby if he was ok. He told me he was fine, and wants to continue. I warned him off a bad performance, and had Tevez prepare to enter the game. He begged me to keep him on, since he wanted to be on the field for the trophy. He begged, and when Tevez gave his blessing to stay on, I finally agreed. He assured me he would thank me for it on the field, but I had Tevez warm up just in case. Baggio made good on his thank you, by hammering a long range shot top left corner for a 3-0 lead. He immediately came over to the bench, and thanked me, and we celebrated the goal, and essentially the Champion’s League. Luca Toni made history as well this afternoon, with a low drive that beat the keeper, he’s scored his 50th goal of the season, and incidentally, his 50th goal in a Juventus uniform, by far the most goals score in any league by any player in a season. The game ended and the team rushed over to club captain Alessandro Del Piero, and we were presented with the trophy, and a thoroughly deserved victory, and the Champion’s League trophy.

Final Score:

Juventus 4 (Cassano 2’ 33’ Baggio 47’ Toni 68’) Bayern Munich

My MoM: The Entire Juventus Squad

After the match, we celebrated with an enormous party in our hotel room. There was champagne, music and a huge cake celebrating the infamous treble. I guartenteed the treble when I was hired, and am now a legend in my own right. We return to Turin tomorrow, with a parade scheduled down the streets of the town, with all 3 trophies in hand. After that, I head to the Czech Republic with my nephew for the U21 World Championships, then to Germany for the World Cup.

June 5th 2006 ~ A New Hope

The U21 tournament was a truly forgettable one. Italy had lost in the final but not without much controversy. An offside goal was disallowed at the end of regulation, and France went on to defeat the Italian kids 2-1 in silver goal. The manager was immediately sacked after the contest, and much speculation was that I would leave my position with Juventus, seeing as I was still without a contract at that point that I’d take over as the youth boss. Seeing I won the Serie A title with an average age of 23 years, I was a good young coach who can take kids and make them win. I told reporters I would enjoy coaching the international squad, but I was still hoping to stay at Delle Alpi. My dream came true, as when I arrived home from the Czech Republic, I was called into the Juventus offices, and given a new offer. At $5.25 million a year and a rather large wage bill ($178 million) and transfer budget ($200 million) I couldn’t refuse, and signed on the bottom line. I was rather concerned it was only a 2 year deal, but then again I can always up my salary sooner. After the signing, Juventus captain Alessandro Del Piero announced he was extremely pleased I had re-signed, and would be the one to guide Juventus to another run as a dynasty in Italian football. I’m going to be getting back to work soon, looking over contracts and cutting some young dead weight, in order to have some room for my potential graduates.

June 8th 2006 ~ Germany

I had arrived in Germany to take in Italy’s first game at the World Cup, against Serbia and Montenegro. It was thought this was over even before the game started. At 3-1, it was a little closer than people had expected, but still a good victory for the Italian side. # Juventus players scored in this afternoon’s contest, Luca Toni, who had just signed a new 5 year $28 million extension to stay at Delle Alpi, Andrea Pirlo and Alessandro Del Piero all left their mark on the score sheet today. The day ended with Kim Kallstrom signing a 5 year $26 million extension.

June 14th 2006 ~ Italy domination.

With Angola taking on the Italians, it was expected to be a run over by the Azzurri squad. The 3-0 shoreline flattered Angola, as it should’ve been a much higher margin of victory. Toni and Pirlo both added to their scoring numbers, while former Juventus player Mauro Camoranesi added the 3rd.

June 20th 2006 ~ Italy narrowly defeated the United States, thanks to the U.S. taking cheap measures to try to gain a victory. Buffon had his arm fractured in a similar way that Kaka separated Buffon’s shoulder. He’ll only miss 3 weeks while recovering from his fractured arm. A 2-1 victory, with the U.S. scoring into the open net after the substitutions made in the 80th minute.

June 30th 2006 ~ Injury Crisis

Several Juventus players have picked up some severe injuries in today’s World Cup contest against Argentina. Luca Toni is out 4 months with a torn calf, Roberto Baggio is out 4 weeks with a torn hamstring, Morgan De Sanctis, given injections to play in Italy’s next match since both goalies are out with a busted foot, and Alessandro Del Piero is out a week with a bruised rib. Lippi will be hearing from me taking such an aggressive approach to the games, seeing as Luca Toni will be missing the first month of the season, ruining my gameplan, and I guess I’m going to have to get Antonio Cassano back from Milan, by any means necessary. They won on penalty kicks, with De Sanctis standing his ground despite the injury.

July 1st 2006 ~ Transfer Window

I began my re-acquisition of Antonio Cassano, since Toni is out for 4 months. I sent over an initial offer of approximately $35 million to Milan, and am awaiting word on acceptance or up the ante. This is going to be a true test. Although I feel I have sufficient cover for Big Luca, I still think we’re a better team with him in the lineup, and no one can replace him, however Antonio Cassano would be the quick player and leave a man open….could my nephew get his first taste of professional football as a result? Who knows.

July 2nd 2006 ~ The Attack Begins

I started the day with announcing I was extremely bitter towards Marcello Lippi and his code of conduct by injuring my players. Despite my wishes not to send them all out after they battled hard all season, they weren’t to be pushed as much as Lippi did. I started to question his abilities as a manager, and told him his days at top of the FA were numbered, and I was coming from behind to overtake him. A scathed attack towards the FA was sent out as well, questioning their integrity in first deliberately trying to ruin my chances in winning the Serie A with the shotty refereeing, and now not offering any form of discipline towards Lippi in injuring my players. I was furious, and went on for another 10 minutes voicing my concerns at the backwards thinking Italian FA and their ways. I left the podium, refusing to answer any media questions, and that our friendly against Milan to open the season will show how I’ve changed as a manager.

Once I returned to my office, I received some terrible news; Antonio Cassano’s deal to Juventus may be in jeopardy, as Milan refused my $35 million offer. I quickly faxed back an offer well worth over $70 million for Cassano, as I’m desperate to land him again, in order to jumpstart a falling offense.

However, there was some good news, as the new group of youngsters that have graduated from the academy arrived for their first day. My coaching staff was quick to point out that a young 15 year old defender by the name of Riccardo Di Pietro, a real rock in the defensive line who can also act as the last man. He’s the cream of the class, and maybe be the only player arriving who has a chance to play for Juventus next season.

With that, Italy have lost in the semi finals, and I felt some sort of poetic justice for Lippi, losing with his third stringers, and his job may now be in jeopardy, since the FA wanted the World Cup desperately.

July 8th 2006 ~ After losing the 3rd place game, Lippi was indeed sacked by the Italian FA. I immediately threw my name in the hat, along with the media’s speculation of Ancelotti, Tardelli and Del Neri all being seriously considered of Italy’s top honour. There have been a few roster moves by the Juventus brass, and now that most players have returned, I will be doing a roster update once all the moves are done by August.

Antonio Cassano’s offer had been accepted, but looks like he doesn’t want to return, as his agent informed me that he has no interest in coming back. That’s fine, I hope he crashes and burns in Milan, and soon he’ll be begging me for a return to the league champions. I may let him back, then again maybe not. Only time will tell.

My injury ridden side is starting to heal. De Sanctis is 100%, and Buffon is recovering nicely. Toni is still ways away, but I don’t think it will be the 3 months expected. I hope to see him heal up enough in time for the opening game of the year against Messina at home. The day ends with Marco Tardelli named as the new coach of the Italian national team.

July 20th 2006 ~ Friendly Beginnings

The Berlusconi Cup would see Milan vs. Juventus once again. I’m hoping for a win, and I’m looking to injure a few of their players, just because I feel like it, and to get some revenge on Kaka nearly ruining my season. A rather familiar looking starting XI will take part, with my nephew taking over for the injured Luca Toni.

Berlusconi Cup

Juventus vs. Milan

Stadio Delle Alpi, Turin

Starting XI:

GK – Buffon

DC – Cannavaro

DC – Nesta

WBR – Chiellini

WBL – Grosso

MC – Nedved

MC – Pirlo

AMC – Del Piero ©

FC – Gilardino

FC – Cardelli

FC – Pazzini

Subs: De Sanctis, C. Cioffi, P. Cioffi, Barzagli, Zambrotta, Pinzi, De Rossi, Aquilani, Fiore, Mazzotta, Tevez, Flachi

Juventus came out determined to stick it to Milan and their players. My nephew was determined to prove he’s worthy of a chance in the Serie A, and did he prove so. Off a Grosso corner kick, Cardelli out jumped former Juventus player Antonio Cassano and buried it past Dida for a 1-0 lead. Del Piero responded moments later with a wonderfully chipped ball over Dida’s head for a 2-0 lead. Gilardino burns his former team with a hard driven shot to make it 3-0, and Del Piero adds his 2nd of the game, a low shot to beat the now internationally retired Dida for a 4-0 lead at the break.

Half Time:

Juventus 4 (Cardelli 21’ Del Piero 24’ 43’ Gilardino 31’) Milan 0

The mass exodus begins, with Barzagli the odd man out, but will probably see time later on. Shevchenko put the Juventus defense to the sword by scoring two quick goals. Claudio Cioffi was then sent to mark Sheva, and with that, left Vieri wide open to make the score 4-3, but new signing Stefano Fiore drilled on from long range to end any chance of a Milan comeback, and a 5-3 victory and once again Berlusconi Cup champions.

Final Score:

Juventus 5 (Cardelli 21’ Del Piero 24’ 43’ Gilardino 31 Fiore 81’) Milan 3

MoM: Alessandro Del Piero.

The Super Cup draw saw us play Monaco, and the Messina clash has been moved to September. Juventus look to win the trophy since they last competed for it in 1996. I was set to leave for Australia tomorrow to prepare for our tour down under, and the next two exhibition games against Portsmouth and Fiorentina would be handled by the coaching staff. I’m looking forward to this trip.

Ladies and gentlemen, due to an illness picked up from his trip in Australia, Juventus Manager Carlo Cardelli ahs officially retired from the game of footbal. Citing his health,a nd the fact he is physically unable to handle pressures and the illness, he can no longer perform to his abilities. We wish him all the best of his future endeouvers.

Ina actuality, I just was unable to stand playign without the wonderful logos and player photos, and now that Susie is back, I got the photos and am going to start a new game. Look out for it in mere moments. It's goign to somewhat mirror this story, but will add some new twists mainly because, it's a completely new game and results. Will big Luca lead the Serie A again in scoring? Let's just hope so.

So Long For Now

Carlito

Archived