Englisher Fussball Bund

Goldy

Tykes Transformed

Well after last seasons playoff disappointment Barnsley are now sitting on top of div 2 at the end of december 3 points clear of my former club Reading. Thanks to some good signings and exchange deals the side is now looking like

promotion contenders. Chillingworth and new px signing Robinson are looking a good partnership up front. Sold top midfielder Holland but had a good replacement in Stewart Clitheroe who seems to have settled in well.All in all a much better season and still in the FA cup with Watford the next oponents in R3.

Also looking to do well in the LDV cup although only just scraped past Mansfield

on Pens after a 1-1 draw at Oakwell. icon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been a bit busy last couple of days. So here it is icon_smile.gif

EFB Summary

City Not So Blue

Unfortunatly Vince will be away for a short while, however with his last session he made sure everything was in place. Well his Man City squad have made a very good start to the premiership campaign, currently leading the prem but for how long??? Its quite close between the top 4 teams and City are only 1pt ahead of city rivals Man Utd. City have also managed to progress to the 4th round of the Uefa cup after beating Red Star. Knocked out the league cup in the 4th round and will be hoping to progress to the 4rd round of the FA Cup

Baggies To Bag It??

Well once again the multi million star squad assembled by Kristian looks to going on to do the buisness...if he wins his game in hand he could go joint top in the league. His favourite cup, the league cup he has managed to get to the semi final looking to progress of course. He will probably hope for something similar from the FA Cup. Champions league has so far been a walk over. Qualified from the first group stage and is looking strong in the 2nd group as he is currently leading it.

In No Rush

Well after securing premiership survival last season Dave looked on building and progressing further up the table. He has certainly done that this season, currently 4th and still in title contenders. Lost in the League cup quarter final and will be hoping of a good FA Cup run.

No Roar From Welsh Dragons

Well Cardiff have been a little dissapointing this season, but its not too bad, still with a chance of gaining a play off place at the end of season and hopefully a good run of form will see them get there. Andy is currently on holiday which we can blame for his side's poor performances at times. Went out early in the League cup and will be looking to stay in the FA Cup a little longer.

Far(e)well Say Tykes

Well after taking the Barnsley job Paul has done really well in changing the club around. He looks on course of taking the 2nd Division crown for the second time and easily looks on course of making his third promotion from the 2nd Division. Former club Reading are in 2nd place without a manager but Paul wasnt tempted. How long till its Far(e)well and Paul decides to take another new challenge?? Well he has done an excellent job at every club he has been so far. Although going out the league cup early on, his team look good and could go far in both the FA Cup and the Vans Trophy.

Riddell Me This, Riddell Me That......A New Job Is That?

Well Steve got sacked from Wolves, they basically had enough, he made a very poor start to the premiership campaign. Well Riddell didnt want to hang around much doing nothing, he walked down the M6 and ended up in Birmingham where he decided to take the Aston Villa job who were relegated last season.

Well Villa have a very good squad and it didnt take too much for Riddell to put everything in the right place, now leading Division 1 and will be hoping for a good FA Cup run as he was knocked out early in the League Cup.

Newcomers Impress

Well newcomers Boston have made a good start to the premiership campaign, beating the like of Wolves and Man City. Currently 8th place and could sneak a european place if im lucky and can win a few more games. Went out the league cup early which the reserves had a good kick about in. FA Cup, hoping the reserves will actually progress otherwise they wont be getting much footie this seaosn.

EFB Sport Zeitung I will do at the end of every season icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Silverfox:

still going strong I see, keep up the good work Goldy and crew icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try my best to keep things going icon_smile.gif

As long as the game is fun for everyone the game will continue icon_smile.gif

Goldy you're a superb host. This game goes well because of all the hard work you put in and also because in my opinion we have a great bunch of guys in the group.I hope we can keep going and progress on to CM4 when it's released.

I may be the old man in here but I look forward to meeting up with you young'uns at the weekend for the CM fest. Forward EFB icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Moonraker:

Goldy you're a superb host. This game goes well because of all the hard work you put in and also because in my opinion we have a great bunch of guys in the group.I hope we can keep going and progress on to CM4 when it's released.

I may be the old man in here but I look forward to meeting up with you young'uns at the weekend for the CM fest. Forward EFB icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree with you there Paul, Goldy's a very reliable host with good fast computer, and although his all his editing is a bit annoying icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif, he's still a great host.

All the players are also quality players, even though some might not be great at the game (Steve R icon_wink.gif ), all the lads can have a laugh with each other, and take the písh outta each other withouht anyone getting annoyed. All the lads are also very reliable, and patient on the odd time when we do have a crash, and when things aren't going well for their team they stick with it and keep trying.

Thank you thank you, wouldnt be were we are now without you guys icon_smile.gif

As I said above, as long as the fun continues so does the game. I cant see any reason why we cannot go till CM4 (and start new)

Dave that 30million quid club injection, decided to turn it into minus icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Not been online for the last few days due to me knackering my computer, I notice this thread has been missing my valuable contribution icon_wink.gif . I'd totally agree with what's been said above...

Goldy as a host: Done an excellent job, organised the game well so everyone turns up for nearly all of the sessions at the weekends. Him having an unbelievably fast computer certainly helps the game run at a good speed (faster than my single player CM games go... *kicks computer*). I'm sure we all apreciate the effort he puts in, and as mentioned, his constant use of the save game editor, without which Boston would surely not be in the Premiership, and the teams I have managed would not all be in crippling debt. icon_wink.gif

The rest of the players: Everyone turns up for most of the sessions (although there are inevitably times where people can't make it, we always get a very good turn out). We're all good , reliable and quick players (even me Dave icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif ) and everyone gets along well with each other and everyone has a laugh in the mirc chat which IMO is very important and makes it even better when you stuff a human team. Mr. Koprivnik, I'm looking in your direction icon_smile.gif (LMAO at your warning by the way - nice one Silver icon_biggrin.gif )

The future of the EFB: Very good I think, we've got a commited group and I see no reason why we can't continue once CM4 comes out.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

Not been online for the last few days due to me knackering my computer, I notice this thread has been missing my valuable contribution icon_wink.gif . I'd totally agree with what's been said above...

Goldy as a host: Done an excellent job, organised the game well so everyone turns up for nearly all of the sessions at the weekends. Him having an unbelievably fast computer certainly helps the game run at a good speed (faster than my single player CM games go... *kicks computer*). I'm sure we all apreciate the effort he puts in, and as mentioned, his constant use of the save game editor, without which Boston would surely not be in the Premiership, and the teams I have managed would not all be in crippling debt. icon_wink.gif

The rest of the players: Everyone turns up for most of the sessions (although there are inevitably times where people can't make it, we always get a very good turn out). We're all good , reliable and quick players (even me Dave icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif ) and everyone gets along well with each other and everyone has a laugh in the mirc chat which IMO is very important and makes it even better when you stuff a human team. Mr. Koprivnik, I'm looking in your direction icon_smile.gif (LMAO at your warning by the way - nice one Silver icon_biggrin.gif )

The future of the EFB: Very good I think, we've got a commited group and I see no reason why we can't continue once CM4 comes out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which btw happened 3seasons ago icon_wink.gif Still talking about that shows how Mr. Riddells CM career is going icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Robbo:

The rest of the players: Everyone turns up for most of the sessions (although there are inevitably times where people can't make it, we always get a very good turn out). We're all good , reliable and quick players (even me Dave icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif ) and everyone gets along well with each other and everyone has a laugh in the mirc chat which IMO is very important and makes it even better when you stuff a human team. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said you weren't fast and reliable, just that your a písh manager icon_razz.gificon_wink.gif, how many sacking you had in total now during the 2 games? icon_biggrin.gif

Also welcolme back Andy, your cardiff team has missed you, although your favourite player of all time, Pete 'The Great' Lovenkrands is having a great season for you icon_smile.gif.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by Robbo:

Welcome back.

You're right, you have a lot of sorting to do, although you're not relegated yet <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. Yeah at least I have not been sacked unlike you. icon_biggrin.gif

How many times is that you have been sacked in the two games we have played??? icon_razz.gif

At the turn of the year, Aston Villa were sitting 3pts clear at the top of division 1 after an impressive run of results last weekend. Our first game of the night was a potentially tricky game against Charlton. However, it turned out to be much easier than expected as goals from Jonathan Woodgate, Alan Mahon and two penalties from Chinese right midfielder Zhang Xiaorui sealed a surprise 4-1 win to stretch our lead at the top.

Next up was Rotherham in the FA Cup 3rd round at Villa Park, in a game which we were really expecting to win easily. Unfortunately though, strikers Juan Pablo Angel and Stephen McConalogue were unable to hit a cows arse with a banjo, so Rotherham dumped us out of the cup 1-0 thanks to an injury time Jason Wilcox winner.

A week later, Villa made the trip to Hillsborough to play Sheffield Wednesday. In an entertaining and close faught game, the home side eventually won 4-3, 2 goals apiece from Jon Harley and Martin Corrigan cancelled out early goals from Lee Hendrie and Richard Johnston. Juan Pablo Angel’s late goal proved no more than a consolation.

After this game, struggling Southampton at home would provide us with a good chance to get our form back. Despite constant Villa pressure, Agustin Delgado cancelled out a first half Angel goal to square the match 1-1. The 2-4 defeat at QPR which followed meant Villa had now gone 4 without a win, and it was decided that tactical change was needed. The effects of the return to the 2-7-1 v.2 formation which served me so well at Wolves were immediate, a 4-0 win against Swindon thanks to goals from Mahon, Angel and 2 from John Curtis.

Next up, Villa spanked Bolton 5-2 at home, with Angel, Quintana, Hendrie, Salvador Castaneras and Martin Possé scoring on his debut after his move from Espanyol. Sadly, we couldn’t follow up this performance at Tranmere, a poor performance resulted in a 1-2 defeat.

Our inconsistent form continued as we won 3-0 at home to Sheffield United, thanks to an Angel hat trick. This left Villa 7 points clear of 3rd placed QPR, but with a game in hand. Also, Cardiff are making an impressive charge up the league, Andy coming back from his hols turning things around in Wales

Next up was Mark’s improving Coventry side at Highfield road. Before the game I’d have taken a draw but what followed was a feast of football reminiscent of past thrashings of WBA by Wolves icon_biggrin.gif . Goals from Castaneras, Angel, Martin Posse and James Williams swept aside Coventry, keeping the 7 point lead at the top. Oh aye, and Cov scored 2 aswell but that’s not important icon_razz.gif

Also, Birmingham were hammered 4-1 in the Derby, i forget who scored as the game crashed just as i was about to check. icon_frown.gif

The upcoming signings of Thanasis Ioannou of Panalaikos, Rob Schulpen from Heerenveen., Antti Niemi of Hearts, Celtic’s Simon Lynch, Neil Mellor of Liverpool and Adil Ramzy from Feyenoord plus others in the summer will strengthen a decent Villa squad which is a bit short in numbers for what promises to be a very interesting premiership next year, with the possibility of 6 human players in the top leauge..

Tykes promotion push Falters.

After dominating div 2 until the new year Barnsley have let things slip a bit.

Manager Farwell is said to be looking at transfer options to see if he can bolster an already impresive squad. In a Yorkshire Post interview he had these words for the Barnsley faithful :- "Keep coming to support us. We just need that little bit of luck in front of goal. I can assure you that the players and I remain comitted to getting Barnsley promoted this season". We'll see what the last 2 months of the season bring but I'm sure after last seasons playoff disappointment that the team will be doing all they can to get back on track.

Before the game I’d have taken a draw but what followed was a feast of football reminiscent of past thrashings of WBA by Wolves icon_biggrin.gif .

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wolves and thrashings.....what does that remind me of icon_biggrin.gif

Boston kept it steady last nite, managed to pull them upto 7th and 2pts behind 6th place sunderland. I think we survived our first prem season but i'll wait till its over. Drew a lot of games but managed to squeeze a win here and there.

Update will follow after tonites play, should finish the season tonite if all runs smooth icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Wolves and thrashings.....what does that remind me of <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That result was a fluke icon_mad.gificon_wink.gif

Cardiff pushing for automatic promotion!!!

Well after last night's session my Cardiff team have hit a rich vain of form which saw them lose only twice and has taken them to 3rd in the league with a game in hand to go one point behind second place. This run of form has also seen them get into the semi finals of the FA Cup beating both Chelsea 4-1 and then Newcastle 4-2 at the now fortress Ninian Park.

My team as a whole have been playing really well with stand out players being:

Gifton Noel Williams, Stephen McPhee, Peter Lovenkrands, Matthew Hamshaw, Allan Bak Jensen, Antonio Schembri. Hopefully my team will contnue this run of form and get the second automatic promotion spot behind steve's Aston Villa who are running away with the league again. I am not expecting to go further in the FA Cup as Dave's Rushden or Arsenal are my opponents and I am away from home. I will be happy with promotion to the big boys league.

icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

_Cardiff pushing for automatic promotion!!!_

I am not expecting to go further in the FA Cup as Dave's Rushden or Arsenal are my opponents and I am away from home. I will be happy with promotion to the big boys league.

icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Semi final so it'll be at a neutrall venue which will give you a slightly better chance. In the league, we all know you won get promoted, your worse than WBA for bottling it icon_wink.gif , only kidding mate i'm sure you'll do it with the legend in your side

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by kjohnston1511:

Semi final so it'll be at a neutrall venue which will give you a slightly better chance. In the league, we all know you won get promoted, your worse than WBA for bottling it , only kidding mate i'm sure you'll do it with the legend in your side <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Dave. icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks Dave i will try. Your right Gifton Noel WIlliams is a true legend. icon_wink.gif

Oh here I found that match report you were looking for steve:

CARDIFF 1 V 0 ASTON VILLA icon_biggrin.gif

A glorious afternoon here at Ninian Park as the welsh dragons wiped the floor with the midlands club. The fans were up for it as well as they were all armed and with their weapons ready for a battle. It really was one way traffic for most of the game as Cardiff showed they are not to be messed with these days. After several missed opportunities the man they call GOD on the terraces here scored which was ultimately the winning goal as the fans went wild with delight along with the manager. You could not have wiped the smile off Hepburn's face if you tried. Hepburn commented, "At last we are showing the form that we are capable of. We tore Villa apart today and it really should have been more".

In defeat Villa Manager simply commented, " They really took us apart today and I am just glad we have an 8pt lead on them as we would prolly have lost the title the form they are in".

All is well at Cardiff at the moment with a date with destiny coming up in the FA Cup against Dave's Rushden. Can they stop the Cardiff machine????

FA Cup Final - Rushden 5-3 Grimsby

A great day at wembley for rushden saw them lift the fa cup for the 2nd time under Johnston, this time in an 8 goal thriller. Rushden were always in control, and goals from madeira, andrews, knopper and 2 from earnshaw saw them lift the cup. After the match Johnston said this: " its a great day for the club, and excellent 2 win the trophy for the 2nd time. The players were excellent and although we lost 3 goals the whole team was excellent especially fernandez and bob malcolm. This match also brings back great memories of the final of 2 years when wolves were humiliated 5-1, the result which no doubt led to the eventuall sacking of manager riddell icon_biggrin.gif"

Think you will find that the ref won you that 5-1 game icon_smile.gif And i was sacked because of 6 defeats in a row if you must know icon_frown.gif

Jammy wee shíte, getting Grimsby in the final icon_wink.gif

Think you will find that the ref won you that 5-1 game icon_smile.gif And i was sacked because of 6 defeats in a row if you must know icon_frown.gif

Jammy wee shíte, getting Grimsby in the final icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was the 5-1 that got you sacked ok!!!! icon_wink.gif I deserved to get an easy final, after all i did have to beat the mighty cardiff in the semi icon_razz.gif

Can't believe Steve has added Mark de Vries to his litle profile thing at the side of his posts. icon_rolleyes.gif

I would laugh if never scored another goal for Hearts!! icon_biggrin.gif

But they did play well today i will give his team a bit of credit for once. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Andy H:

Can't believe Steve has added Mark de Vries to his litle profile thing at the side of his posts. icon_rolleyes.gif

I would laugh if never scored another goal for Hearts!! icon_biggrin.gif

But they did play well today i will give his team a bit of credit for once. icon_smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lets not get carried away andy, they were against a team with gary smith, jack and big patty up front

The Barnsley Star

Tykes Fans today celebrated winning the 2nd division title which was won eventually on goal difference with Crewe not having scored as many goals.

Manager Farwell said this :- "It was a long hard season but we put in the hard work and got what we deserved in the end. Full marks to all the players and staff who have helped the club to achieve success this season". Speculation is rife as to whether the Tykes can hang on to Farwell as his reputation continues to climb and bigger clubs are surely looking for a good manager to take the helm. He refused to comment when asked if he was looking at a move elsewhere.

We'll see what happens when a bigger club are looking for new manangerial talent.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Orginally posted by kjohnston1511:

Lets not get carried away andy, they were against a team with gary smith, jack and big patty up front <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is true. icon_biggrin.gif

Hearts for the treble!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Mark de Vries for the golden boot award!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Oh aye, an update:

Aston Villa win Division 1

Thats 3 Division 1 titles in a row now for me. Looking forward to making it 4 in two seasons time. icon_razz.gif

Oh aye, an update:

__Aston Villa win Division 1__

Thats 3 Division 1 titles in a row now for me. Looking forward to making it 4 in two seasons time. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

With a different club too icon_biggrin.gif

Oh aye, an update:

Thats 3 Division 1 titles in a row now for me. Looking forward to making it 4 in two seasons time. icon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh aye, an update:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Oh aye, an update:

With a different club too icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. I'll be taking over as WBA manager after relegation and more embarrassing cup defeats gets Kris the sack icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Goldy:

Oh aye, an update:

Yeah. I'll be taking over as WBA manager after relegation and more embarrassing cup defeats gets Kris the sack icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking about the premier league champions WBA? Or the team that won the league cup 4times and the FA cup once too? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

Oh aye, an update:

Yeah. I'll be taking over as WBA manager after relegation and more embarrassing cup defeats gets Kris the sack icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You talking about the premier league champions WBA? Or the team that won the league cup 4times and the FA cup once too? icon_wink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not good enough kris, we demand you win the cl or resign!! League cup = pointless cup, FA Cup = a team of your standard should've won it more, it shows how good a team really are when tey win that twice icon_cool.gif , a division 3 and 2 titles > Prem title, so really you've won nothing important yet kris icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by If you dont like me, your sister will !!:

Oh and i demand that warning to be taken back! I didnt crash one single time last weekend icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One weekend proves nothing, as far as we know you could've got specially created super rats in for the weekend, so the warning stays icon_razz.gif

Oh and i demand that warning to be taken back! I didnt crash one single time last weekend icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont worry, I'm sure you'll make up for that this weekend icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>

Not good enough kris, we demand you win the cl or resign!! League cup = pointless cup, FA Cup = a team of your standard should've won it more, it shows how good a team really are when tey win that twice icon_cool.gif , a division 3 and 2 titles > Prem title, so really you've won nothing important yet kris icon_wink.gificon_razz.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

FA Trophy + Vans Trophy > League cup + FA Cup

conference,Div3,Div2,Div1 > Prem title which you should of won for the last 3 seasons running icon_wink.gificon_biggrin.gif

Still not really done anything which none of us have done before kris icon_biggrin.gif

One weekend....well keep it up...i mean your connection icon_biggrin.gif

Our expectations for the new season, a treble with at least CL runners up especially with your squad, that should be done easy icon_smile.gif

Yes I agree Steve. What is your own team's expectations Kris? Come first in the club raffle and first prize in the pets contest? icon_biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, he's too tight to pay the 50p to enter the raffle icon_razz.gif

And his rats wont win any prizes. icon_biggrin.gif

Expectations for the new season:

Boston - Improve on last season, maybe push for europe/cl

Rushden - Same

Cardiff/Villa - Survival/mid table

Barnsley - Same as above, maybe push for playoffs

Man City - Challenge for the title

WBA - Win Premiership, FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield, Intertoto Cup, UEFA Cup, Super cup, World Club Cup, Serie A, La Liga,Bundesliga, Hungarian 2nd Division, Copa Libertadores, Major League, World Cup, Qualify for Euro 2008, LDV Vans cup, SPL, and many others Also Kris should be making a clean sweep of the Player/manager of the year awards and Kris being elected president of FIFA, discovering a cure for cancer and becoming the first man to break the atom.

Anything less than that should result in a sacking/beheading icon_biggrin.gif

No pressure or anything icon_razz.gif

Archived