BBC Sport Skin-team name advice

Lagarr

Hi all, I'm using the excellent bbc sport,however as I like to use background pics i find the team names not very clear in black, is there a (simple!!) way to change the colour from black to white?

As the (not very clear) picture shows the black text doesn't go well with background pics!

IMG_1345.jpg

You took a picture of your monitor? :D You could have posted a screenshot ffs!

I don't know how exactly how to change the font colour, but you could try changing the background.

Knew there was a screenshot facility but could i hell find it! taking a photo was the only other way I could thing off!!.

The background changes depending on the team so sometimes it's ok but other times it's difficult to see, it's not stopping me playing the game,just something i'd like to change if possible.

I saw the skin on screenshots of Chris22's updates and found it on fmbase.

There are a couple of ways of doing:

1. Open the colours.xml file that should be located in the settings folder for the skin you are using.

Look for the line: <colour name="title" red="40" green="40" blue="40" /> - and change each of the "40"'s to "255" for the text to become white.

This method will change all the text that uses the title colour to white (or what you select) - the overview text in your screenshot for example.

2. Edit the 'match incidents.xml' file located in the panels folder for the skin, that file controls the appearance of just that text (you'll also need to edit 'match incidents small.xml' to change the colour on the splitview screen.)

If those files aren't located in the panels folder for your skin you'll need to extract them from the panels.fmf file and copy the extracted files into the panels folder for your skin.

When you open the 'match incidents.xml' scroll down until you come across the following text (should be near the top of the file)

<list id="column_properties">

<record index="0" auto_size="all"/>

<record index="1" spec="title" size="18" alignment="left,centre_y"/>

<record index="2" spec="title" alignment="right,centre_y" size="18"/>

</list>

You just need to change "title" to "text" to get the font colour to change to white (this tells the game you want that text to appear like the normal text in the game (white) rather than like the title text (black).

After you have edited the files save them, load the game up go into the preferences screen untick use skin cache and tick always reload skin, then click confirm your skin will reload and should update with the new colours.

Archived