The AMC Position

On the game, there is a fantastic range of AMC's, all with a different range of attributes and styles of play. However sometimes, it can be difficult tactically to get them involved in the play.

So I'm wondering what player instructions people have had success with, for the different types of AMC's there are in the game. Obviously, these instructions are dependant on specific tactics used, but I'm just wondering what instructions people use to get the best out of the players, and then we can compare to see what the most effective ones are, for the different types of player.

Can people post what instructions they use for certain players listed below, and obviously add some other unique ones that iv missed.

Julio Baptista

Tim Cahill

Frank Lampard

Kaka

Edgar Barreto

Mark Bresciano

Juan Riquelme

Toni Kroos

Juan Mata

Alan Dzagoev

Simone Perrota

Diego

Clarence Seedorf

Steven Gerrard

Dejan Stankovic

Ronaldinho

Giuseppe Rossi

Hatem Ben Arfa

Obviously if you can name any others with unique styles go ahead, and post the instructions you've had good success with.

My general setup for any AMC is this.

• Mentality - Team Setting
    Creative Freedom - 14-18 (depends on who it is)
    Passing - 6-10 (short to mixed, very rarely direct)
    Closing Down - Team Setting
    Tackling - Easy-Medium
    Forward Runs - Rarely
    Run with Ball - Mixed/Often
    Long Shots - Mixed
    Try Through Balls - Often
    Cross Ball - Mixed
    Cross From - Byline
    Free-Role - Ticked
    Hold up Ball - Un-ticked.

I never have my AMC setup to Forward Run's often as that just makes him another striker, where-as if you have them setup to go forward rarely, they will generally with Free-Role find space inbetween the midfield and the strikers which is what I want them do. With Run with Ball often, they will also look to run at Defenders and sycthe open defense's with through balls or score if they find the oppourtunity arises. I don't play with AMC's often, but when I do I use the settings above and they generally tend to do well, never had compliants about the position at least.

Thanks Intercept, my instructions are generally similar, except I have them on quite attacking mentality, and passing at around 8-12.

What would you do with a Cahill or Lampard type ? Still FWD runs on Rarely ? Because one of their main assets is arriving into the box late and scoring goals, especially from headers.

Cahill and Lampard I generally change the FWD Runs to Mixed. Because of how good they are at finishing I like them being around the edge of the box. I'll generally though lower their Mentality so that they come from deeper and don't crowd the striker to much.

These are the settings set for my AMC in my 4-2-3-1:

Mentality : Highest of team, usually 17-19

Creative Freedom - 17-20 (depends on how productive his passing is)

Passing - mixed

Closing Down - Lowest of team (usually 12)

Tackling - Medium

Forward Runs - Mixed

Run with Ball - Mixed/Often

Long Shots - Rarely

Try Through Balls - Often

Cross Ball - Mixed

Cross From - Byline

Free-Role - Ticked

Hold up Ball - Ticked

I set his mentality to highest in the team and closing down lowest in the team, simply because he is my team's main attacking outlet. I don't want to burden him with defensive duties, and his main purpose is to constantly attack. His passing is set to mixed so that he has the full range of passing choices available to him. His FWRs are set to mixed as usually AMCs in my teams at all leagues have good decisions stats, so I leave it to them to decide when to make a FWR late into the box after distributing the ball, or act as a focal point at the back to direct the attacks when the rest of the team surges forward. I have his hold-up ball option ticked so that he retains the ball well and releases it at the key moment, which is also affected by his Decisions stat.

As for your question on Cahill and Lampard. Their settings would mostly be the same, except possibly for Creative Freedom and FWRs. I view Cahill as more of a second striker due to his low Creativity and flair (not sure about this), thus I would probably give him 12-15 for Creative Freedom and Often FWRs to support the striker/s. As for Lampard, he can act as both 2nd striker as well as playmaker because of his high stats in all areas, so it really depends on how you want to utilise him.

You've identified three main types there: the Cahill type (second striker), the Kaka type, and the Riquelme type.

For Kaka, I'd have instructions like these:

Mentality: 17+

Creative Freedom: 20

Passing: high mixed

Closing down: 15

Tackling: Easy

Forward Runs: often

Run with Ball: often

Try through balls: often

Long shots: base on their long shots ability!

Crossing: often

Cross from: byline

Cross aim: target man

Free role

Riquelme

Mentality: 14-16

Creative freedom: roughly 18

Passing: short

Closing down: normal

Tackling: easy

Forward runs: Mixed

Run with ball: rarely

TTB: often

Long shots: base on their ability!

Crossing: often

Cross from: deep

Cross aim: Target Man

Free role

Set as "playmaker".

Download TT&F 09.

They have ALL player positions explained in detail and how to set them up according to what tactical framework you're following. It's not enough to put the sliders in the "right positions", the guy has has to fit into the tactic you're trying to play in order to get the most out of him.

Download TT&F 09.

They have ALL player positions explained in detail and how to set them up according to what tactical framework you're following. It's not enough to put the sliders in the "right positions", the guy has has to fit into the tactic you're trying to play in order to get the most out of him.

The thing about the AMC position, is that in some formations, you're giving them a lot of creative freedom and license to do what they want, neglecting some of the defensive duties of the team. In a lot of these cases, you would be building your team around these players. In which case, it is 'enough', and basically vital that these players have their sliders in the 'right positions', and the rest of the team is set up to supply them to 'do their thing'.

The thing about the AMC position, is that in some formations, you're giving them a lot of creative freedom and license to do what they want, neglecting some of the defensive duties of the team. In a lot of these cases, you would be building your team around these players. In which case, it is 'enough', and basically vital that these players have their sliders in the 'right positions', and the rest of the team is set up to supply them to 'do their thing'.

Well many would say there is no such thing as universal right position settings. That's almost certainly why different folks will give slightly different settings for the same player/postion. Without knowing the context in which these players operate what works for one terrifically may only work great for someone else sporadically. Even an AMC needs tweaking to get the most out of him depending on what you're asking your team to do.

Even in the cases you mention above the rest of the players need to be set up properly in order to get the most out of that AMC. In the long run everyone has a role and everyone works within a framework. What I was getting at is that, setting up a particular player in a vacuum might not be enough to get a player to perform as expected over time.

In my opinion some of this players are not the best as AM C. They give much more in other positions.

Julio Baptista -> Used him as a Forward Center or Box-2-Box

Reasons to use him as F C: His finishing skills are quite impressive, as his composure.

Reasons to use him as M C: His incredible work rate with a 13 on tackling and high ability on long shots make him a great M C

Reasons why I not use him as AM C: His passing, creativity and flair are not that high imo.

Edgar Barreto:

Clearly a Box-2-box too. His ratings are much more in that sense.

Simone Perrota -> used him as M C Defensive. He's not that good in AM C attributes, but ahs great attributes to be a top DM C or MC Def

Giuseppe Rossi -> Clearly much better as forward center

In the AM C position it depends on what you have. I usually tend to find players with:

Creativity, flair, composure, decent bravery, passing, decent long shots, decent speed, balance.

Now it all depends on the player you have:

Forward runs: mixed

Creativity: Bigger than 16

Passing: Low mix to short

Free Role Ticked (depending the tactical system. In a counter system is not that handy.)

Tackling will depend in his tackling ability.

Run with ball: Mixed

Through balls: Often

Crossing: Mixed

Cross From: Mixed (by personal preference)

The forward runs will depend of what function you want from them. If you desire an AM C to behave like a support striker, better put forward runs often.

If you just want someone to distribute the ball, Forward runs rarely.

Yeah I understand, because of their attributes, some of the players might be better employed in other positions. Maybe the match engine prefers certain types of AMC's. But players like Baptista and Cahill are deadly in the AI's hands at AMC.

Archived