SoftAnchor

Been playing on Football Manager no problems like this before...I usually open FM09 via computer-c drive-program files-steam-steam apps-football manager 2009-FM09 to avoid all the steam logging in and all sorts. Never caused a problem. Go to open FM09 today and I've got all this SoftAnchor stuff asking for my Product Key(Which is the key written on the back of the manual?), and it came up with it cannot connect me because I am not connected to the internet, but as this post obviously shows, I am connected to the internet! I thought I might have mis-typed the code as it's difficult to read between o's and 0's, so I put it in here - http://keylookup.fm2009.softanchorinsight.com/ and typed that product key in but same problem again.

Any help folks?

Thanks..

Thanks,

Did as it said, came up with error -361(IIRC), had to reinstall FM, just done so, opened it up, an error of some sort popped up, just pressed OK, then went to load a game, then came up with FM is dangerously low on memory, and then came up with FM is low on memory and will now quit. I'm thinking it might be because of some update Steam is now dumping on me so will try again when thats done. Please please please SI, no Steam for FM10

If you don't want to use Steam, re-install using the Uniloc option (assuming you have the DVD version), Steam isn't required to install FM.

What are you PC specs?

No idea, I'm not tech savvy, how do I find them?

That's probably the cause of your out of memory problems. Steam may be contributing so quit that and make sure you quit other background programs that you don't need while playing FM, that should help.

That's probably the cause of your out of memory problems. Steam may be contributing so quit that and make sure you quit other background programs that you don't need while playing FM, that should help.

Hmm never had that problem before. Will uninstall & reinstall using the other way, takes years doesn't it?

I've only had problems with installing by Uniloc on release day. Doesn't take any longer than Steam I don't think, although you will have to update manually.

The memory problems would probably also be fixed by upgrading to a higher amount of RAM.

Realllllly starting to peeve me off....

Loaded one game, said it could not be loaded which was a nuisance, went to load another one and it's told me FM has suffered a fatal error and an error report or something or other has been made in the crash dumps folder, no idea what to do with it....

Was working fine yesterday FM, done literally nothing to computer since yesterday, urgh!

Your 9.3.0 save won't load on a previous verion, which is probably what caused your first error (save game not loading). The second error could be related but I can't be sure one way or the other.

Your 9.3.0 save won't load on a previous verion, which is probably what caused your first error (save game not loading). The second error could be related but I can't be sure one way or the other.

Will re-update tonight at some point when I can bare to see FM in the eye again:D

Archived