The death team

LabbRatt

I was just reading a thread on Lee Cattermole and talking about how he will injure players at large. I was wondering if we can think of a team of preferably British hotheads who will destroy other teams. I will start it off

------------------?------------------

Danny Mills----?--------?-----------?

----------Lee Cattermole--Joey Barton---Lee Bowyer

---------?--------Craig Bellamy

Can anyone think of any better thugs, i mean players?

alan smith is a definate... even when he played striker he would be tackling like someone had pooped in his hat

bowyer should be at rw not left wing btw...

eboue is worth a shout

michael brown on wigan is brutal too

nicky hunt

paul mcshane

stephen hunt on his day

papa diop

or if we're going for past players aswell

big duncan ferguson .. 8 foot tall and a martial arts black belt... took out 2 burgalers who came into his house if i remember well... loved the ol' tackle too

cantona obviously

keane

vieira

only liverpudlians would make this thread about them.... sigh

To be fair, it was just a comment about some obviousely biased comment from an evertonian, and sounds to me like your being a bit of a drama queen about it. But on topic, it's quite funny how there are less defenders on here than there would've been 10 years ago.

seriously doubt cahill and arteta are as dirty as gerrard and carragher. cant remember the players name but i remember gerrards tackle on a black aston villa player in his earlier years and carragher doesnt really defend he just wrsetles come on he unleashed a bitch fit on arbeloa

What about people like Phil Neville? Everton have had plenty, like Carsley, Gravesen, so don't pretend Liverpool are dirtier than Everton.

Here's a foreign XI I just cooked up, the midfields crazy but I couldn't think of any wingers or another striker:

GK Jens Lehmann

RB Carles Puyol

CB Marco Materazzi

CB Olof Mellberg

LB Emanuel Pogatetz

DM Gennaro Gattuso

DM Christian Poulsen

DM Ivan Campo

DM Torsten Frings

DM John Obi Mikel

ST Ivica Olic

gerrard cause hes a dirty thug who gets away with assault

jens lehmann

gattuso

kevin davies

pogatetz

That doesn't belong on this forum. It'll just start debate about real life, which does not belong in here.

By the way, I'm glad someone besides me wants to make this team :) haha.

Joey Barton was definitely the first person in my mind, but he actually just has a pretty high dirtiness.

If you don't mind going out of England, play as Inter. They have a ton of aggressive, dirty players in the game. They have an entire defense ready for it, plus a few DM's that can rock some people.

With them go with

Rivas---Samuel---Materazzi--Cordoba/Burdisso

------------------Vieira----------------------

-------Cambiasso-------Mutari---------------

Obinna-------------------------------Balotelli

-----------------Ibrahimovic-----------------

All of those players have high aggression, bravery, and dirtiness and it's still a damn good team. You'd have to bring in a dirty keeper if you want one though, Frey is probably the best choice there, as there isn't many great keepers with high dirtiness.

well if my comment doesnt belong on the forum this thread doesnt because its all about people who are thugs and dirty in real life

This thread is about players who are dirty in the game, not real life. There's no point of buying someone who plays dirty in real life, if they don't have that high of a dirtiness rating in the game for this team. Joey Barton's dirtiness isn't extremely high even, he's probably the dirtiest player IRL now, but not the game.

If gerrard and carragher are then so are cahill and arteta, bloody hell

GK Schmeichel (not British but almost - and he lolwhacked Bussts leg ^^)

RB Mills

LB Thatcher

CB Ruddock

CB Butcher

RW Bowyer

LW Gravesen (again, Danish, but he talks like a Scouser!)

CM Barton

CM Vinnie Jones

CF Gerrard

CF Ferguson

GK Schmeichel (not British but almost - and he lolwhacked Bussts leg ^^)

Err what? Denis Irwin gets all the credit for that one, all Schmeichel done was have nightmares about it.

This dirty scouse player rubbish makes for cringeworthy reading, find some other topic to hijack. There is also not much point in naming retired players as this is still in the Football Manager forums after all, people can't pick them in the game.

indeed dave.. its ridiculous... the worst part is the fact that after i made my comment about scousers always making it about them, they told me it wasnt true , to stop being a drama queen and carried on anyways

its hard being right all the time *sic*

pepe is definately a bruiser...

cana has got a temper on him too... he'll become a sunderland cult hero i reckon.

About Schmeichel - fair call, I just remember Schmeichel being the 'keeper nearby when Busst went over. I included him because I couldn't think of any other 'keeper at all for that position :) He was a bit of a lunatic anyway!

I wouldn't have Pepe Reina in there - he isn't "menacing" enough. I can't imagine people giving Reina a nickname like "Razor" somehow!

Either keep it on FM or don't post, if you want to discuss dirty players in real life, go to the football forum.

I'm sorry HoPeY, but this thread is about a side full of "bruisers". What am I supposed to base an analysis of that on - what the little polygons do in-game???

If your basis is that this thread should be solely based on FM, then it simply doesn't work. The whole thread should be moved to the football forum!

For example, you've just edited my post - yet left in real life references to Schmeichel and Reina whilst removing other bits which are exactly the same.

Where's the line - if indeed one exists!

You have 'dirty' players in FM, posting links to images about a real life football incident is relevant to FM how? Talking about a players dirtiness, picking up bookings etc is game is relevant though.

Because the real life football incident is actually what makes the player "dirty" in the minds of the fans and, of course, your researchers.

Where do you get the attributes from for FM? Real life of course!

Anyway, it doesn't matter, but the logic in this thread doesn't exist at all.

Do you think the OP pulled Lee Cattermole from the top of his head based on a tackle in FM09?? ^^

The fact players data is based on real life is not really the point of this sort of topic. You don’t see me constantly linking goals that Karim Benzema scored (in real life) in his FM thread just because his attacking attributes are based on real life do you? People are talking about dirty players in FM. Not discussing players who have are dirty in real life.

Posting a picture of a footballer making a dirty tackle in a real life situation is completely irrelevant to a FM forum; it's not adding to the discussion, it’s not adding to people discussing their experience with any players that were dirty in FM.

If you notice he [the OP] said he was reading the Cattermole thread which it was said he would pick up cards, injury people and could be considered as a dirty type of player. I don't remember him linking real life incidents in this thread, why is that? Because they have no place in this section of the forum.

You can discuss the possible dirtiness of a player based on FM, your experiences with any player etc, what isn’t going to happen is for you to link images of players making a dirty tackle in real life.

no.. he bought it up after he's seen and commented on what I and others had said about cattermole in game in his thread..

nothing to do with the real cattermole..

this season cattermole played like a champ and his on field antics were reletively minimal... we are only talking about FM here.. not rl

bruiser's in game will have hight stats for aggression, love for decisions etc, and ppm's of dives into tackles etc...

THATS how you judge bruisers in game.. and thats what this thread was meant to be about..

*beaten to it by hopey*

(must be something in the water... everyones being a bit aggressive on these forums today it seems)

Archived