Appearance and Goal Records Not Being Used Correctly

Just been doing some editing in the Official Pre-game Editor - moving some players about to different clubs.

Got some players at a newly created club with no records set-up.

I'm getting news items about a player breaking the club's Appearance Record - with 614 games - despite only having played 1 game for this new club.

Looked in his history page - which is displaying correctly - it seems the game has taken the 613 games the player has played for his previous club and added it to the game played for the new club - thereby getting the 614 figure.

Is there any way to prevent this error?

Did you change his non-playing history? It might still be counting him as playing for the other team because you didn't set the end date of him playing for his previous club, as well as not setting his start date for playing for his new club.

Non-playing history is named wrong, tbh, as it's not specifically for non-players. It's basically a point in the DB that keeps record of what date he joined and left clubs. I guess it makes sense in a way that it's not his playing stats, but I still say it could've been named better.

Archived