Player Who "Curls Ball"

Pretended

Title is obvious.

Since it's not a move you can ask of your players to adapt with their game, coming naturally, who are *affordable* ball-curling players you've found? I'm guessing it will have tremendous effect combined with "places shots" on my young guns, Marquinhos and Paloschi.

Yeah I need a ball-curling mentor, to be honest, -doesn't matter whether he is of my team's calibre.

Thanks in advance.

"Curls Ball" PPM does nothing. Not alot of players have it and the one's that do, it does nothing to them. Moderators have said this a fair few times in other threads, thats how I've come to know that.

Have to agree though that in thoery with "Place's Shots" it would be a deadly PPM.

It does work as far as I'm concerned. And it works very well with either places shots or even shoots with power tbh. Robin Van Persie has both and absolutely rips teams apart because of his PPM's.

Anyway, to answer the question:

* Lincoln from Galatasaray has both. He's quite a decent player and he's usually available cheap. He's an AMC though so you probably wouldn't be able to tutor Paloschi with him.

* Alvaro Recoba has places shots PPM and is available cheap. Again, an AMC but can play upfront. Not sure if he'll be available to tutor Paloschi.

* Andre Pierre Gignac has curls ball and shoots with power like Van Persie. He's a very good striker and might just fit into your squad well. Not cheap though.

* Dougie Freedman has places shots too. Ageing and available for peanuts. :thup:

Nikola Drincic has Curls and he scores a lot for Montenegro. Has 19 for free kicks and 17 for long shots and should come cheap. Hajnal is a right footed left winger at Dortmund and curls well from there. I still haven't found anything saying it doesn't work. All PPM's that don't work are not visible in game, curls ball is.

ooo has it changed then? its working now?... i didnt even know...

I think, I'm not 100% sure, but I did read a bit ago that all PPM's listed are working. The ones that don't work like Cuts Inside, Dictates Tempo, etc. were removed, but you can still see them in genie. I'll browse through all of my Del Piero goals to check though.

Another note: If you can ever get Del Piero, he's a great tutor, probably the best to teach it.

Hmm, maybe I am wrong. I have a season with Del Piero having like 40 goals, but I can't find any curled. Might just be because he was really close to goal on most. I've only found one free kick and I know there's more though.

I did manage to find a few from curled goals from Nani and Tosic(learned from Nani). Seems like more than normal, because every long shot goal they had were curled.

Too bad that Del Piero already has decided to retire, I can't sign him :/

And of all above told, I could get Recoba in an instant (was out of contract), however, and unfortunately yes, he can't tutor a striker.

I'm in serious need of a striker that can curl it. I just can't sign Gignac 'cause I already have Mariano Pavone, Pablo Mouche, Marquinhos, Alberto Paloschi and Adailton (loaned out to Cadiz).

Please somebody out there name an affordable one that can curl :/

When I went through all the del Piero goals, I realized that strikers don't really have any room to curl it for the most part. I watched at least 20 goals and not a single one was curled, because he was always too close to goal when he received the ball. Unless you had your strikers sitting really deep, there's not much chance to use it. It's a lot better on AM's or wingers.

Well my strikers both try to find space and skip past or around the defenders, so I just thought "he should have struck it with a curled shot from right that spot". They instead drive in, get their angle narrowed and blast it into the keeper's face.

Van Persie has it and Dos Santos, (tottenham), does i think. I always thought it works. I remember on FM08 Dos Santos had the ball about 35 yards out and curled the ball beautifly top corner. I guess it would depend where the player plays. Simiar to in-swing and out-swings during corners.

Archived