The Official FMH2008 Unlockable Thread

Right, plenty of threads have been started on this and nearly all of them go nowhere, so if we all post them in here, its much easier for poeple to know whats what.

My situation is that I cannot transfer the files onto the PSP succesfully. The folder name and everything is correctly spelled. I simply get a message stating that the preference folder is corrupt, would I like to make a new one. Help anyone?

Right, plenty of threads have been started on this and nearly all of them go nowhere, so if we all post them in here, its much easier for poeple to know whats what.

My situation is that I cannot transfer the files onto the PSP succesfully. The folder name and everything is correctly spelled. I simply get a message stating that the preference folder is corrupt, would I like to make a new one. Help anyone?

i would help you but your a forest fan and im a leicester fan.....

only joking i will help you

go to SAVEDATA put your folder into there and if it asks you whether to overwrite say yes (it wont effect your save games) then it should load.good luck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by chuzcredit:

I highly doubt that savegames would decide not to load simply because the PSP is running a different firmware than the savegame was created with... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can doubt all you like.

I know that its a fact.

Sony dont let saves created on certain higher firmwares be used on certain lower firmwares.

DADADADA explained;

this is an error message that appears when trying to 'upgrade' to official Sony firmware from 'Dark Alex Custom firmware'. Custom Firmware allows one to use their PSP for many purposes other than originally intended by sony. mainly; running homebrew games, running retro game roms (ie, old gameboy, snes games etc) and (very illegal and not to be mentioned again in this thread) also copied/ripped games.

Dark alex put the DADADADA error message on his firmware as he believed anyone knowingly using it would not want to revert back to sony firmware.

If your now wanting to use Sony firmware you will have to downgrade your PSP to 1.50 fw and then upgrade to the required sony fw.

to do this you need to obtain the 1.50 fw from the t'internet and place it in a folder on your psp then enter 'recovery mode' on your psp (power down the psp, then turn back on whilst holding R shoulder button. google for more detailed instructions.

I use custom FW for playing gameboy/snes/megadrive games etc but do not condone any piracy of PSP games (as one day it may put nice people like Marc out of a job)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mightyowl28:

Dark alex put the DADADADA error message on his firmware </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well there ya go...learn something new every day. In that case, nffcbash what firmware are you currently on?

• 2 weeks later...

Archived