Button text colour problem

jakubkwa_

Hi!

I've got a problem with setting button text colour independently. What I want to do is change the colour of the text displayed on the following button:

74416163.png

It's the button located directly in graphics/button folder. Anyway - I can change the colour of the text by editing the "menu" record in colours.xml, but that automatically changes the colour of the text in the menu and also few other places (like other buttons - those which are created from graphics/button/blue directory):

24611979.png

So my question is - is there a way to change ONLY the colour of the text in graphics/button, without changing any other buttons or menus text colour?

You can change the colour of specific buttons by using colour="x" in the opening widget tag for that button.

For this button in particular you'll need to look for the file 'preferences.xml' which is in the 'screens.fmf' archive. Scroll down until you find the following:

<widget class="action_button" auto_size="all"
		text="Change...[COMMENT: preferences: change user data folder button text]" click_event="udfl" />

Just add colour="red" at the end of that tag so you get:

text="Change...[COMMENT: preferences: change user data folder button text]" click_event="udfl" colour="red"/>

the colour can be any of the colours defined in the 'fm colours.xml' file from the settings.fmf archive, you can add your own RGB colours to that file and reference them too. Just tested this btw and it works.

You can change the colour of specific buttons by using colour="x" in the opening widget tag for that button.

For this button in particular you'll need to look for the file 'preferences.xml' which is in the 'screens.fmf' archive. Scroll down until you find the following:

text="Change...[COMMENT: preferences: change user data folder button text]" click_event="udfl" />

Just add colour="red" at the end of that tag so you get:

text="Change...[COMMENT: preferences: change user data folder button text]" click_event="udfl" colour="red"/>

the colour can be any of the colours defined in the 'fm colours.xml' file from the settings.fmf archive, you can add your own RGB colours to that file and reference them too. Just tested this btw and it works.

Yeah, that surely does work and thanks for that response. But still AFAIK we're not able to get to every occurence of the graphics/button/button in the game through xml files. For example the ones for responses in the news items - they're loaded dynamically during the game, not statically from xml, so we're not able to change them with the method shown above. Or can we?

Archived