TV Widget truncating team name

shrekiejai

Hi

I just noticed that on TV view, my team name is truncated on the scoreboard.

File?id=d7t8qbr_17fxq8w8gt_b

I don't understand how Blackburn Rovers can have their full name while mine is truncated to manche.

This is the same even when I am at home.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

I take it you have installed a database update to update Man Utds kits, if so it looks like the short name may have been entered incorrectly in the database, you'll need to load the database in the editor and correct the name, the name should update in your save game. (The normal short name should be Man Utd)

It shouldn't be as the team names are hard coded - if there isn't a enough space for the full name it normally uses the short name. (Also your team name has less space due to the tactics button).

You can try switching to a different skin to see if its a problem with the skin, alternatively you can try editing the file that displays the scoreboard and team names in TV view to increase its length to fit in the full team names, the file you'd need to edit is called 'match mini scoreboard.xml' and will be located in the panels folder.

Those values should be the clubs names in the database (unless you have added an edit file that changes the names of clubs) - it seems for whatever reason your game has Utd's short name down as Manche when it should be Man Utd, as that's what should appear on the match screen.

You may be best checking in the editors forum to see where else the team names are stored, that could have been edited.

Are you using the Official sortitsi database update? if so that is your problem. To sort the problem out you will need to delete the edt file in My Documents/ Sports Interactive/ Football Manager/ db/ The Official Sortitoutsi.net Update 2009/ Inc in the there will be a folder called Team names. Delete that and it shall return to show Man Utd instead of Manche. I know this because I had the same problem although I think it may only work if you start a new game.

Hope this helps

Archived