FM2010: Players to look out for?

Opps

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mesut Özil-should be improved,especially physically and hidden mental stats, he has ambition and he seemed to have bulked up a bit.

Marko Marin- Should stay as he's in the game,he's already very high rated.

Arshavin-From what I've seen and heard, did way better then what the game presents him at Arsenal.

Edin Dzeko-Up-comming World Class Striker

Zvjezdan Misimovic-By far better then his in-game representation, one of the best if not the best playmaker in the Bundesliga.

Grafite-He's already ''good'' in the game, but c'om 28 goals and 11 assists and he still scores now?

Hoffenheim players-Europe is after half of their First Team squad......too many that should be better especially Ibisevic.

Ejiro Elia-Won the Yohann Cryuff Aword for the best Youth Player of the Season and instantaneously became a Key-Player for Hamburg.

Marcus Berg-Played a class u21 competition and scored a lot for his age at FC Groenigen too.

Jack Wilshere-Seems to be a real prospect.

Jerome Boateng-One of the biggest defender talents in Europe, pretty much an allrounder, even though Defender Central seems to be his favourite Position.

Mesut Özil-should be improved,especially physically and hidden mental stats, he has ambition and he seemed to have bulked up a bit.

Marko Marin- Should stay as he's in the game,he's already very high rated.

Marin's stamina is horrible. He plays the full 90 min. and is always running. He can barely last 60 min. with his stamina. Same with Özil. And their hidden attributes should go up.

Steven Defour and Axel Witsel from standard liege-great young talent rumoured to be linked with top clubs like man utd and liverpool

Lavezzi from napoli- another great argie very exciting player

douglas costa-new ronaldinho

stanislas from west ham young exciting a bit like ashley young

aissati from psv i think

hamsik another from napoli

He was yes, according to Wikipedia, (Gospel that is is), he was only the fourth ever player to transfer between Ajax and PSV.

As for Douglas Costa being the "new Ronaldinho" Jackster, if you meant that he was like him for the bad attitude and the wasting of his ability, then I guess you are right. He will need to do something pretty drastic to become a star in real life like Ronaldinho was between 2004/05-07.

In FM, he will probably be class, like so many players, (especially in the past), so wrongly were/are.

I'll be looking forward to see:

Aly Cissokho

Lavezzi

Fernando (Porto)

Roderick (Benfica)

Dzeko

Marin

Pedro (Barcelona)

Vermaelen

Ramiers

Rolando

Tiago Cintra (Leixões)

Urka (Olhanense)

Grafite

Gibbs

David De Gea

Think that should about cover it :p

15 is the usual cut off but they dont include a huge amount of 15 year olds tbh... its probably only 15 year olds who agree to be in it with parental consent etc

It's got nothing to do with parental consent - it's up to SI wether to include these players or not. It is recommended that they aren't put in, but prior to FM09 there were exceptions for players who had already played first team football. Under 16's that are in FM09 are in by mistake.

There will be as no 15 year olds in FM10, other than those of which are in by mistake (although there are new checks in place to try and ensure that no under 15s get in)

:)

Also, it would be interesting to see, how good the brightest prospects of the current U20 World Cup turn out to be. I know their performances won't have a great bearing on the game when its released, but hopefully the first patch will give them a better CA/PA. If so, then I bet that Koman Vladimir or Vladimir Koman, who is the Hungarian u20 teams top scorer and a midfielder will be pretty good. Also, Adrián Szekeres might be a prospect worth looking at.

Jay Spearing - Am hoping he is improved hoping he gets more chances IRL

Insua - As he's been playing a lot more for the Liverpool 1st team and has just had his 1st call up to the main Argentinian squad

Vermaelen - Has looked really good for Arsenal and scored some goals

Wilshere - Enough said

Glen Johnson

Jovetic

First players I'll check as soon as I get the demo are:

Dzeko

Grafite

Misimovic

Ibesevic

Skjelbred

Mushaga Bakenga (amazing talented 17 year old striker at Rosenborg Norway)

Stephen Ireland

Luis Suárez

Milevskyi

Oleh Husyev (Dinamo Kiev)

Dzagoev (should be further improved on CA)

All MCFC youth players

First players I'll check as soon as I get the demo are:

Dzeko

Grafite

Misimovic

Ibesevic

Skjelbred

Mushaga Bakenga (amazing talented 17 year old striker at Rosenborg Norway)

Stephen Ireland

Luis Suárez

Milevskyi

Oleh Husyev (Dinamo Kiev)

Dzagoev (should be further improved on CA)

All MCFC youth players

Good shout there with Dzagoev and Ireland

sorry.. whos proclaiming him the messiah of english football exactly?

How about the Great British press? Not to mention a number of posters in this thread. Most of the people who talk about Wilshere have never seen him play, it mirrors the hype Walcott had before the last World Cup which hindered his progress.

Wilshere had a very, very high PA in FM09 - there is no evidence on the pitch in the last 12 months to make it any higher.

He was yes, according to Wikipedia, (Gospel that is is), he was only the fourth ever player to transfer between Ajax and PSV.

As for Douglas Costa being the "new Ronaldinho" Jackster, if you meant that he was like him for the bad attitude and the wasting of his ability, then I guess you are right. He will need to do something pretty drastic to become a star in real life like Ronaldinho was between 2004/05-07.

In FM, he will probably be class, like so many players, (especially in the past), so wrongly were/are.

Maybe not as good as ronaldinho but yeah he meant to be a bit of a party goer aint he but ronaldinho in them years you said was awsome remember that goal against chelsea in the champs league

How about the Great British press? Not to mention a number of posters in this thread. Most of the people who talk about Wilshere have never seen him play, it mirrors the hype Walcott had before the last World Cup which hindered his progress.

Wilshere had a very, very high PA in FM09 - there is no evidence on the pitch in the last 12 months to make it any higher.

Very, very high PA?

-10 is a very very high PA. A 180 and above set PA and above is a very very high PA. Why does it matter, Jackie only becomes good 1 in maybe 7 or 8 times under AI control anyway.

The thing that bothers me is that you say most people talking about Wilshere have never seen him play. If you had actually seen him play, you'd give into everyone elses raving reviews.

'If you had actually seen him play, you'd give into everyone elses raving reviews.'

This is exactly the problem I have with this - do you really think that this kind of hype is beneficial to Wilshere? The last English midfielder who was hyped to the skies in the same manner was Joe Cole, undoubtedly a very good player, but I can remember all the ridiculous hype surrounding him before he'd played any amount of games. But its telling that a player like Lampard, who endured none of the hyperbole as a youngster is the one who developed into a really effective player on the world stage.

Paul Scholes, a genuinely world class player, one of the finest footballers England has ever produced, was considered no more worthy of hype than Nicky Butt and Ben Thornley before his first team debut. The point being that the likes of Scholes, Lampard and Steven Gerrard were allowed to develop without people expecting genius everytime they got possession. Wilshere will have to be a very grounded individual not to let this hype affect him.

-9 is a potentially World Class player. Young English players are generally rated more harshly than some of their continental counterparts - Wilshere is one of the best English youngsters in the game. At the moment i feel that is sufficient although I suspect, rightly or wrongly, that it will be changed.

people should stop saying the same names over and over again. so here is some new ones that should be the best from the norwegian league:

mame biram diouf - top goalscorer in norway and bought by man utd (prob will have -9 potential).

thioune (the best midfielder in the league)

erik huseklepp (the most promising talent from norway together with skjelbred)

'If you had actually seen him play, you'd give into everyone elses raving reviews.'

This is exactly the problem I have with this - do you really think that this kind of hype is beneficial to Wilshere? The last English midfielder who was hyped to the skies in the same manner was Joe Cole, undoubtedly a very good player, but I can remember all the ridiculous hype surrounding him before he'd played any amount of games. But its telling that a player like Lampard, who endured none of the hyperbole as a youngster is the one who developed into a really effective player on the world stage.

Paul Scholes, a genuinely world class player, one of the finest footballers England has ever produced, was considered no more worthy of hype than Nicky Butt and Ben Thornley before his first team debut. The point being that the likes of Scholes, Lampard and Steven Gerrard were allowed to develop without people expecting genius everytime they got possession. Wilshere will have to be a very grounded individual not to let this hype affect him.

-9 is a potentially World Class player. Young English players are generally rated more harshly than some of their continental counterparts - Wilshere is one of the best English youngsters in the game. At the moment i feel that is sufficient although I suspect, rightly or wrongly, that it will be changed.

All your points contribute to the reason why Arsene Wenger is not giving him many, if any, substitute appearances in league play. He's done this sort of thing before, and knows exactly how to develop the player. And to be honest, you're exaggerating the skies at which Jack Wilshere is being hyped up too. Just like any very promising home grown talent, the fans are rightfully expecting him to be a key player in the teams future plans.

It seems as though all we hear now are opposition fan boys, like you, playing down his chances of being successful. That's not really hype.

"The last English midfielder who was hyped to the skies in the same manner was Joe Cole"

yeah but the last brit to be hyped up was rooney... im pretty damn sure he's done fine with it..

wilshire has excelled in every game ive seen him play and has easily been the best player on the pitch at his age level... to say he is one of the best in the world in his age group wouldnt be an exaggeration in my opinion...

as for your suggestion that the british press are in particular guilty of the hype machine.... take the likes of saivet in france... lads like him and the same for lads in holland and germany are hyped beyond belief , even getting a full page spread in daily newspapers..

I think the point is that press in general will always hype a player up.. but not without a hint of merit in it..

wilshire has the potential to be the best english midfielder of his generation , far exceeding the likes of what we have now imo.. gerrard being the exception possibly..

also, scholes wasnt hyped because he didnt find his feet , position or flow for a good few years... wilshire has been playing better then scholes did at his age... scholes was a striker first and foremost before moving into his effective midfield position

and getting back on track..

im very much looking forward to see how jack rodwell, dan gosling, wilshire, k.gibbs, stearman, joe lewis , zele ismael, reuben noble-lazarus, fleck and co are going to be like in the game and how they turn out irl

'It seems as though all we hear now are opposition fan boys, like you, playing down his chances of being successful. That's not really hype.'

Sorry mate, but that's just garbage. You're entitled to your opinion and I'm entitled to take issue with it and I'll leave it at that.

welshace - before his scoring spree in the last year the press were questioning Rooney's position in the England team. Let's not forget that. Rooney is a very, very good footballer - no doubt. Is he a great player though? Is he a Cantona or even a Mark Hughes at his best? I could argue that Rooney is a perfect example of English hyperbole. Rooney is a good footballer, he is not the white Pele. This kind of desperate, hopeful article about Rooney was widespread in the past:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2006/jun/20/worldcup2006.sport4

The point is it shouldn't be now. Rooney is crucial to England's WC bid, he will not win it on his own. Jack Wilshere will not win the World Cup on his own. England's media seem obsessed with recreating the 86 WC in their favour with an English Maradona.

Tell me this - did you see Paul Scholes as a 16 year old? I watched every game of the 91 Milk Cup and he was sublime but never flashy. Jack Rodwell is a fine footballer. Is he flashy? No, so he doesn't get the same attention.

Of course this is total conjecture, but I will not be surprised if Rodwell has a more successful career than Wilshere.

rooney as good as cantona? yes.. easily... interesting how you bring up cantona.... as good as he was he was easily surpassed by many of even todays players in the premiership... cantona is a cult figure and was fantastically talented.. but not any more so then anyone else.... bergkamp was better for one....

rooney is a truly world class player and would walk into most teams in the todays world..

as for that article.. it doesnt claim rooney is the white pele... it claims his own fans see him as such... and it in fact says clearly that while they shouldnt pin all hope on rooney it is still true to say that most opposition teams will be scared of playing against him... which i for one think is spot on... there isnt a defence in the world who would be happy to play against rooney.

paul scholes as a 16year old? yes i did.. as good as he was a teen.. id put him , at that stage.. on par with the gibsons and co of today... played a handful of games and did fine... in fact scholes didnt make his debut until 93' .. as a striker , and scored something like 5 goals in 17-18 games i believe.. which is fine , but not spectacular... compare that to the likes of wilshire, ramsey, michael johnson, noble and even gibson in fact.. and you'll see theres not that much difference..

my point is this... as good as scholes is and was , i think wilshire has every bit as much talent and potential and i dont think there has been too much hype around him at all... none that hasnt been warranted anyway

Fair enough, I respect your opinion because you obviously know your stuff but you are still saying that you don't think Wilshere has been hyped but in the same breath saying that, already, he has the same talent as Scholes. You see my point?

Not wanting to bang on about Scholes but he made an instant impact when he broke into the United 1st team, to the point where many United fans were genuinely annoyed that a British transfer record signing in Andy Cole was being picked ahead of him.

On a side note, its curious that Cantona seems to be to be almost dismissed as a cult figure these days. To say that he has been easily surpassed by many modern day players is simply wrong and, if it isn't, I'd be curious to know who these players are because i'm not watching them.

Archived