Paul Smith

Dexter Blackstock

Radosław Majewski

Julian Bennett

Joel Lynch

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough, I respect your opinion because you obviously know your stuff but you are still saying that you don't think Wilshere has been hyped but in the same breath saying that, already, he has the same talent as Scholes. You see my point?

Not wanting to bang on about Scholes but he made an instant impact when he broke into the United 1st team, to the point where many United fans were genuinely annoyed that a British transfer record signing in Andy Cole was being picked ahead of him.

On a side note, its curious that Cantona seems to be to be almost dismissed as a cult figure these days. To say that he has been easily surpassed by many modern day players is simply wrong and, if it isn't, I'd be curious to know who these players are because i'm not watching them.

saying someone has shown the same talent and potential as scholes isnt giving in to any hype , its based purely on what ive seen myself.. im not an arsenal fan nor english... i have no vested interest in hyping the kid up tbh, but i love football and can see huge potential in the lad... same as i have in the likes of zele and noble-lazarus. As a counter, there is a lot of hype over connor whickam of late, Im not one of the ones thinking he's the next big thing.

As for Cantona, he was a great player , no doubt.. but his attitude, off pitch antics and discipline meant he was only playing well when he was playing in a good team.. with good players to back up his failings as a player...

talismanic , yes ... best player of his generation, no.

kaka, messi, ronaldo, rooney, fabregas, torres are just a few of the players of today who are ten times the player he was when you strip the fame, history etc away from cantona.

Jack Rodwell from Everton should have a -9 or -10 PA and should be a wonderkid from the start of the game.

I would also wanna see Neven Subotić's stats rise and he should be the best 20 year centr back in the game.

Jovetic should be the best talent in fm 10 and a must buy for every big team right from the start.

IRL, Romelu Lukaku from Anderlecht (born 1993) is the best player in the world at that age with a huge potential. I wanna see that in the new FM. Probably the next Didier Drogba. This is a sure -10 PA.

Iker Muniain (born December 1992) from Athletic Bilbao is another gem. The next Fernado Torres.

Also, Diego Perotti from Sevilla should be a quality winger in the new FM.

Toulouse FC young pair of midfielders, Moussa Sissoko and Étienne Capoue are another 2 gems to watch. Moussa Sissoko is the next Essien.

Iker Muniain (born December 1992) from Athletic Bilbao is another gem. The next Fernado Torres.

Toulouse FC young pair of midfielders, Moussa Sissoko and Étienne Capoue are another 2 gems to watch. Moussa Sissoko is the next Essien.

Hate it when those kind of statments are bandied about. Personlly I think Iker Muniain would rather be the next Iker Muniain.

I think the dilemma for SI with -9 and -10 PA is that if you give a promising youngster a -9 PA the AI will probably be slightly off the estimated real life potential but and reach it if given a -10 but a user given a -10 promising youngster can produce an unbeatable player

Yeah, I agree completely Lucatonix. -9 is 150-180, and -10 is 170-200.

They could do with a -9.5 really, of 165-185 or something similar to that, for those that have will almost certainly become good players (and -9 risks being average) but not really the potential to be world class (which is a risk of -10).

Players like Jack Wilshere would fit into this.

+1 for nile ranger, cole and ireland...

and yes.. rodwell is the one player i can think of right now suitable for a definate -10.... the fact he isnt flashy and hasnt won anything means nothing.,.. imo rodwell's calmness and ease in his game is exactly the meaning of potential... he's already one of the most comfortable players around on the ball and in big games.... what will he be like in 3-6 years when he's learnt his trade fully ? -10 please..

as for iker muniain, he has had a few games and has shown some potential for sure... but to call him the next blah blah blah is ridiculous...

Players going up:

(Seria A)

Jovetic - Wonderkid in 2009 but still plays better as an AMC than a striker. Should be as promising as Pato.

Pazzini - Don't remember which FM but he was dynamite. 2009 he was nothing compared to the old Pazzini and now I believe he should be back to his old self as he has been scoring for Sampadoria like Crazy.

Cassano - Engine of Sampadoria

Abate - Best player in a poor poor Ac Milan team. Who could believe some unknown would turn out quality besides so-called "world class players" at AC.

Claudio Marchisio - An established midfielder who is very good in real life.

Felipe Melo - He is very underrated as he works very hard up and down the pitch.

Musuiera - Promising Lazio goalkeeper. Mind the spelling.

Alexis Sanchez - I couldn't believe this lad hasn't yet been snatched by a big club. Very fast, very versatile and very deadly.

Simeone Pepe - Another established winger, should be faster and a bit more composed.

David Santon - It's debatable here. Some say he has the potential but only Mourinho is standing on his way. Some say he is average. What I say is that he IS very promising in an AVERAGE team with a stupid manager.

Simon Kjaer - Rock Solid center back, should be the most talented and promising center back in the game (my opinion)

(Premier League)

Arshavin - As much as he slags off on the pitch nobody can deny that he is quality.

Jack Wilshere - Looks like another gem ;/ should have a higher PA.

Jack Rodwell - Deserves better attributes for his work rate on the pitch. Looks like a dedicated lad who is always eager to play.

Thomas Vermaelen - Average ratings if not poo in 2009, and seems like 'the signing of the season' for Arsenal fans atleast.

Fletcher - Crept out of Ronaldos shadow have we? Unfortunately for Man U, he is yet the only one to do that. Deserves it.

Jermain Defoe - A machine in front of goal. Crap at 2009.

Carlton Cole - IF he plays manager he would be very disappointed.

Craig Bellamy - Crapy attitude on and off the field but you have to hand it to him, superb work rate and scores some scorchers. He is very similar to Kuyt only more goals.

Aaron Lenon - He deserves it, very promising and scary for defenders

Glen Johnson - As much as i hate him defensively he has to be one of the best attacking full backs in the world.

Gary Cahill - Deserves to play in a top team in my opinion.

Darren Bent - I bet Redknaps grandmother can't beat his record with Sunderland now, can she?

Fabian Delph - Although he has not appeared much yet he is very promising.

Kieran Gibbs - Looks like Ashley Cole on the making.

(Bundesliga)

Grafite - born goalscorer in fm2009 he is better than average. Not more not less.

Dzeko - Seems too inconsistent and not as composed as in real life.

Muzlimovic - Without him, there wouldn't be Dzeko and Grafite in my opinion.

Kiesling - Had superb rating, then very crappy ones. Should go up now.

Thomas Muller - Very promising and looks like an established player already. Featuring regularly and is very versatile.

Ozil - What a talent, surprised he wasn't snatched up already.

(Others)

Pedro - Like Barcelona even need him eh ? Still a player who shocked fans with delight.

Luis Suarez - Scores goals like crazy, has he gone mad? Nah, he just enjoys it as much as we enjoy FM ;/

Chamakh - Not for his goalscoring but his work rate on the pitch.

Gourcuff - Spelling as usual. But with Milan struggling and no Kaka wouldn't Yohann have his chance to shine now? Ohhh only time will reveal how stupid Milan were for selling him.

Okay, to make it easier for everybody to search for the players, and to avoid providing the same names again and again, here are all the players mentioned so far and a few others. Its 186 players, so that should keep everybody occupied for a while.

I think it'd be best that if someone would like to add another name, just check whether it has already been mentioned.

Ignazio Abate

Dele Adebola

Adeyemi

Benik Afobe

Ismaïl Aissati

Marc Albrighton

Paul Anderson

Andrey Arshavin

Holger Badstuber

Mushaga Bakenga

Barry Bannan

Kyle Bartley

Craig Bellamy

Julian Bennett

Ryan Bennett

Darren Bent

Marcus Berg

Mame Biram Diouf

Dexter Blackstock

Jerome Boateng

Leonardo Bonucci

Fabio Borini

John Brayford

Christopher Buchtmann

Kerim Bulut

Chris Burke

Gary Cahill

Lee Camp

Lorik Cana

Étienne Capoue

Mehdi Carcela

Luc Castaignos

Lee Cattermole

Marouane Chamakh

Luke Chambers

Michael Chopra

Tiago Cintra (Leixões)

Aly Cissokho

John Cofie

Chris Cohen

Carlton Cole

Francis Coquelin

Douglas Costa

Luke Daley

Kofi Danning

David De Gea

Matías De Federico (Corinthians)

Jermain Defoe

Matej Delac (Inter Zapresic)

Nathan Delfouneso

Fabian Delph

Alan Dzagoev

Edin Dzeko

Robert Earnshaw

Eduardo (Braga)

Eljero Elia

Mounir El Hamdaoui

Fernando (Porto)

John Fleck

Darren Fletcher

Tommy Fraser

Joe Garner

Gamboa

Grafite (Wolfsburg)

Kieran Gibbs

Darron Gibson

Dan Gosling

Yoann Gourcuff

Chris Gunter

Brad Guzan

Marek Hamšík

Eden Hazard

Jordan Henderson

Zavon Hines

Benedikt Höwedes

Mats Hummels

Erik Huseklepp

Oleh Husyev (Dinamo Kiev)

Sam Hutchinson

Vedad Ibisevic

Insua (Liverpool)

Stephen Ireland

Zeli Ismail (Ismael?)

Phil Jagielka

Glen Johnson

Rasmus Johnson

Roger Johnson (Birmingham)

Stevan Jovetic

Tamás Kádár

Keirrison

Simon Kjaer (Palermo)

Vladimir Koman

Tim Krul

Reuben-Noble Lazarus

Lavezzi (Napoli)

Joe Ledley

Aaron Lennon

Joe Lewis

Adem Ljajic

Romelu Lukaku

Michael Lumb (AGF)

Joel Lynch

Federico Macheda

Radosław Majewski

Eliaquim Mangala

Claudio Marchisio

Marko Marin

Nicky Maynard

Juan Manuel Mata

Garath McCleary

McCormack

David McGoldrick

Lewis McGugan

Paul McKenna

Kevin McNaughton

Felipe Melo

Francisco Merida

Artem Milevskiy

James Milner

Zvjezdan Misimovic

Wes Morgan

Christoph Moritz

Ravel Morrison

Guy Moussi

Thomas Müller (Bayern)

Iker Muniain

Musuiera (Lazio)

Boaz Myhill

Krisztián Németh

David N'gog

Nelson Oliveira

Mesut Özil

Javier Pastore

Giampaolo Pazzini

Pedro Rodriguez (Barcelona)

Simeone Pepe

James Perch

Álvaro Pereira

João Pereira (Braga)

Diego Perotti

Steven Pienaar

Ramiers

Aaron Ramsey

Nile Ranger

Andrea Ranocchia

Aex Rebko

Loïc Rémy

Mats Rits

Roderick (Benfica)

Jack Rodwell

Rolando

Declan Rudd

Louis Saha

Henri Saivet

Sajad Salihovic

Alexis Sanchez

Davide Santon

Lukas Schmitz

Andre Schürrle

Jason Scotland

Moussa Sissoko

Per Ciljan Skjelbred

Korey Smith

Paul Smith

Robert Snodgrass

Aaron Spear

Jay Spearing

Junior Stanislas

Richard Stearman

Miroslav Stoch

Luis Suarez

Neven Subotić

Adrián Szekeres

Taraabt

Rob Taylor

Makhtar Thioune (Molde)

Arda Turan

Michael Turner

Nathan Tyson

Urka (Olhanense)

Gregory (?) van der Wiel

Thomas Vermaelen

Haris Vučkić

Danny Welbeck

Vladimir Weiss

Jack Wilshere

Kelvin Wilson

For my own club Wolves:

Kevin Foley-Best player in the CCC last season and our player of the season despite our "star players" getting all the credit from the press.

Ebanks Blake-Has mediocre stats and having scored 50 in the last 2 seasons surely merits a rise in stats. 11 for composure? Really?

Hennessey-Questionable last season but starting to show his class in the Prem now, don't expect him to be with us long.

To everyone suggesting Zele Ismail, he was drastically overhyped in the press by our ex youth coach who fell out with the club and is now subsequently trying to poach our youngsters.

Mendez Laing-Already around the first team, pacey winger able to play on both sides and up top with an eye for a goal. Voted best player at the Gothia Cup (like a UCL youth team cup) which our youngsters won. Perhaps deserves a -8/-9 but should be a quality player in the future so expect him to have higher ratings in a few years.

From everywhere:

Marchisio-Looking extremely good right now

Pedro-Surely not another uberly talented Spanish midfielder?

Drogba-Thought he had poor stats last season, untouchable on his day

Vermaelen-Looking good for the Arse

Off the top off my head :

Marko Marin

Santon

Beevers

Sidnei

Asenjo

Foster

Welbeck

Ninis

Wijnaldum

Nilmar

Feghouli

Agbonlahor

Camacho

Kabore

Zuculini

Mattock

Barron

McCormack

N'gog

Fleck

Lennon

Aaron Niguez

Sheridan

O'Dea

Loy

McMillan

Lowing

Weiss

Bendiksen

Danny Wilson

Ross Harvey

Labadie

Sturridge

Turnbull

Taarabt

Walcott

Saivet

Diaby

Song

Vermaelen

Drenthe

Marcelo

Busquets

HUNDREDS :D!

Loading the Strawberry version of fm 10 just now, can't wait to check these guys out and EVERYTHING ELSE i am pacing the place in excitment, it better shift its self :D

• 2 months later...
Simon Kjær from Palermo (DC). He's already a star player after only one season, is 20 years old and have had his national debut back in february (on the proper national team, that is). Of course, it depends on your definition of cheap, since I've heard he has a clause of about 100 million DKK. Cheap in the long run but probably not so much immedietly.

Rumors have Juventus, AC Milan, Inter, Chelsea, Liverpool and several others chasing after him all summer and still trying to sign him on and off.

This season alone he has been in goal.com's Team of the Week in round 1 and 7 (mind you, goal.com operates with a 3-4-1-2, making it much harder for a defender to make it). You'll definitely want to watch out for him in FM10.

Try out Michael Lumb from AGF in the Danish league. He's a left back and very talented. However, I can't really say how much SI pays attention to Denmark, so he's probably not that good (but hopefully have a good bit of potential). He is 21 years old and was named U-21 Player of the Year in Denmark in 2008. He has also been called up to the national team for two matches but haven't had his debut yet.

Simon Kjær made his debut on 6 June 2009 versus Sweden.

Lumb has got his realistic level, i.e. a decent/good Danish Premier Division player with the potential to be an international regular player. We pay much attention to the Danish league but we try not to overrate it :)

im sorry, but Macheda of Man United doesnt deserveto be upgraded at all, to be perfectly honest, I dont even think hes that good of a footballer, scores one goal againt Aston Villa, and now he's meant to be the bee's knee's? whats he done since? JACK S***! Thats what.

However, someone who should be looked out for, is Aaron Ramsey, an absolute quality footballer.

im sorry, but Macheda of Man United doesnt deserveto be upgraded at all, to be perfectly honest, I dont even think hes that good of a footballer, scores one goal againt Aston Villa, and now he's meant to be the bee's knee's? whats he done since? JACK S***! Thats what.

However, someone who should be looked out for, is Aaron Ramsey, an absolute quality footballer.

6 United players have -9 PA's (Fabio, Rafael, Macheda, Welbeck, Morrison, Petrucci)

6 Chelsea (Tore, Sturridge, Prosenik, Delac, McEachren, Kakuta)

5 Liverpool (Dalla Valle, Bruna, Pepper, Pacheco, Nemeth)

while

3 Arsenal players have -9 PA's (Wilshere, Ramsey, Nordveit)

There are many things wrong with the way reasearchers decide to upgrade players.

• 3 weeks later...

Kwadwo Asamoah Stats

Gael Kakuta Stats

Marco Verratti Stats

Damien Le Tallec Stats

Jack Wilshere Stats

Coutinho Stats

Macauley Chrisantus Stats

Kyriakos Papadopoulos Stats

Alan Dzagoev Stats

Toni Kroos Stats

Jack Rodwell Stats

Dodo Stats

Khouma Babacar Stats

Georginio Wijnaldum Stats

Francesco Bolzoni Stats

Jano Ananidze Stats

Ignacio Camacho Stats

Vicenzo Fiorillo Stats

Silviu Lung Jr. Stats

Gonzalo Barreto Stats

Levan Kenia Stats

All stats are 6 seasons in.

You would think, after being named by Uefa as one of the top 10 youngsters in the world/Europe, Christopher Buchtmann would be one to watch out for. But no, the Liverpool researcher was smacked off his little boobies as per.

while i agree he is a top prospect buchtmann hasnt proven anything yet...

he's got top potential and is a great player in the game....

why insult the people who help make this game what it is?

and dont trust everything eufa says... they named the likes of lulinha, kerlon, and painfully (for me as im welsh and a fan) gareth bale before now.. and they havent exactly set the world alight now have they

and dont trust everything eufa says... they named the likes of lulinha, kerlon, and painfully (for me as im welsh and a fan) gareth bale before now.. and they havent exactly set the world alight now have they

I watched the tournament in which it was based off, he was one of the star players of the tournament. The tournament included the likes of Castaignos and Wilshere who both have higher potential, despite Buchtmann performing on an equal level to them. Same with Gotze.

You talk about Lulinha etc., but they were, at the time, highly rated on FM, whilst trusting Uefa isn't the answer, what do the researches base their claims off? Buchtmann is a massive potential player, he's better than at least two of the -9 players at Liverpool on the game, who have both proven equally little.

researchers are usually fans of clubs who see the players play week in week out... as far as buchtmann is concerned.. he would have been based on what the german researcher has said.. with the possiblity of slight changes by the liverpool researcher in the patches.

and your right.. lulinha etc were rated highly at one time on the game... so if anything.. its a good indicator that the researchers are getting better no?.

buchtmann, for me. bar what he achieved in those few games in the tournament , hasnt proven anything.. the likes of pacheco and nemeth have all had time to prove themselves

Archived