Weakest area defence?

breaker

Playing with Arsenal and my assistant always tells me in the team report that the weakest area is defence. Does anyone agree or is there a superstar that will please Pat Rice?

I always play DR DC DC DL and the players I have to choose from are;

John Heitinga

Kolo Toure

Garry Bocaly

Giorgio Chiellini

Phillippe Senderos

Gael Clichy

And then some decent backup players in the reserve team.

You're reading far too much into it. The assistant reports are mostly rubbish on the game so I wouldn't bother listening to him mate. Having said that, the assistant usually gives his recommendations based on the kind of quality you have in the other areas of the squad (among other things as well). Even if you scout a player, the scout will rate that player based on the quality of other players in that position at the club. Say you have Messi & Kaka in your squad and you tactic uses only 1 AMC. If you scout say Silva at that point, I highly doubt he'll be more than a "good" signing. Someone like Diego would drop down to a "decent" signing in all probability. Again, this recommendation would take into account a whole host of factors like club reputation, the form of the current players in the position and others. Also the form of the player you're scouting I guess. Now I can't prove all this but it's what I've surmised having played the game all year.

But yeah, the important thing to remember is that the assistant reports are mostly rubbish and you shouldn't really pay a lot of attention to them.

Archived