Are Spanish Players Overrated?

masucha

The Spanish National side are considered to be underachievers, but I read part of this problem was that the British media overrated Spanish players, that while were technically better than their British counterparts they were lacking in other areas.

In this game for example Silva is unbelievable, Ramos is one of greatest defenders and players like Zapater and Javi Martinez are already world class despite their young ages, Yeste is uncapped but he is an excellent player and Pablo does not make it into the Spanish squad for Euro 2008 despite being a solid defender.

So are Spanish players overrated or does the national team just fail to piece it together?

i think that its the spanish side. because club wise Ramos is a beast for madrid and Silva has been impressive he is overrated on the game though!

but then alot of players are.

zapater is the captain of his club and a great player already and martinez has been bilbaos star player this season so i dont see why they shouldnt have the stats the have been given. Yeste and Pablo are not that amazing on the game but they are good just like IRL they are good players. i dont feel they are too overrated bar one or two maybe.

those being... Fabregas and Silva but stats should only go down a tad.

I disagree, English players in FM08 are instead overrated. Spanish sides have a real gd youth set up so its no surprise that they have so much talent. Its juz that their national team find it hard to gell together.. that is until now( if they beat Italy that is icon_smile.gif)

I started a new game as the Spain national coach. There was a fair bit of strength in depth and quality. Won the Euros. Beat France 1-0 in the finals. David Villa had a great tournment much like irl. Currently unemployed in 2009, considering job offer from Wolfsburg

Archived