FM10: Official Valencia Club de Fútbol Thread

davehanson

So far in 12 games David Villa has scored 23 (!) goals for me as a target man (role and tactic, set to run-onto ball).

I'm finding i'm creating TONS of CCCs which is obviously working very well, but I need to make more shots because 75% of the shots are coming from CCCs or similar chances (that's not a bad thing, just i'm getting a relatively low amount of shots)

David Silva as a playmaker has been great as well, he's got a lot of assists and 7 goals so far in 13 games.

In the January Window i'm already most likely going to sign Camacho, but i've got about 18m to spend on transfers.. so i'm wondering who to buy that would be useful. I feel I could definetly use a new GK and maybe a new right or left back? My CBs are fine for the moment and I doubt I'd be able to get better midfielders for the right price during this window. Maybe a new AMC because I've loaned out Michel and I only really have Mata (who is my first-team AML) as cover for Silva.

Suggestions on what needs improving?

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So far in 12 games David Villa has scored 23 (!) goals for me as a target man (role and tactic, set to run-onto ball).

I'm finding i'm creating TONS of CCCs which is obviously working very well, but I need to make more shots because 75% of the shots are coming from CCCs or similar chances (that's not a bad thing, just i'm getting a relatively low amount of shots)

David Silva as a playmaker has been great as well, he's got a lot of assists and 7 goals so far in 13 games.

In the January Window i'm already most likely going to sign Camacho, but i've got about 18m to spend on transfers.. so i'm wondering who to buy that would be useful. I feel I could definetly use a new GK and maybe a new right or left back? My CBs are fine for the moment and I doubt I'd be able to get better midfielders for the right price during this window. Maybe a new AMC because I've loaned out Michel and I only really have Mata (who is my first-team AML) as cover for Silva.

Suggestions on what needs improving?

try looking at Jurado at At.Madrid,can be picked up for around £5m and is a very good player.Or if ur looking for one for the future try Verratti of pescara.Looks very promising.

Well time for my update then. I was continuing with the demo game and planning on playing until the end of the season but with only a few games left my HD failed and I lost my saved game. I started anew with Valencia.

I made quite a few signings in the first window and have gambled on gaining Champions League qualification

transferso.png

There may be a few signings there that may surprise a few people. Beckham, Van Nistelrooy and Duscher are all the wrong side of 30. However I still believe that all 3 are good enough for at least one season at the top level, and critically, they all have experience of the Spanish league.

Adler I think will become one of the best goalkeepers in the world. The figure was high but I think it was worth it.

I am doing quite well so far. I currently sit 2nd in the league, behind Barcelona.

leaguesofar.png

I have only lost to Barce at home, Racing at home, Mallorca away and Deportivo away. I have had some very good results - 4-2 away to Sevilla, 4-2 away to Villarreal and 4-1 away to Ath Madrid.

In the Europa league I am through to the 1st knockout round where I will play Anderlect. I am out of the Spanish Cup after being beaten 6-4 on aggregate by Real Madrid.

I will post a full season report at the end of the season.

Hi, I'm new to this forum and a big VCF fan. jeesh will know me from XT.:D

I really need a quality goakeeper, I tried Ochoa but he doesn't wanna come?

Any ideas?

Depends on how much you have to spend.

Adler is quality as I have found, but he will cost you about £15-20m.

Hi Wariss. Welcome! I think you should stick to Cesar and Moya for the first season. They should do the job. I think Robert Enke is available for free transfer for second season. If you dont want to wait for that you can you can buy him a fraction of the price as the first season progresses. He is a fantastic keeper, but it depends on you whether you want to take a chance with a German again :D

@ Eleloy. Camacho is a good addition. I bought him for 4.5 Mill Pounds. So far he does better as a ball winning midfielder rather than a solid DM. Given his good technical and defensive skills he is a far better MC than a DM. This is a paradox, because typically you would want a creative MC and a solid defensive MC. Camacho is a bit of both, not extravagant in either. So he might fit into your side more as a sub than a starter

Hi all just started a game as Valencia. stuck on what tactic to use, got a 4-4-1-1 at mo with silva just behind villa, but would like to play two upfront without losing silva's best position behind strikers

What type of passing do you employ with Valencia? When on short passing, my assistant manager always reports my team is giving away balls.

It depends on what tactic I am using really. If it is an attacking strategy then I will just use the default passing. If it is counter attacking then I will use a more direct approach. For containment and defensive systems then I use short, in those situations I want to keep the ball for as long as possible.

I think it is all connected to the passing options your men have. If you have too many, for instance, on a defensive mentality, then your players run out of passing options. It is best to stagger there mentalities throughout the system.

Hi all just started a game as Valencia. stuck on what tactic to use, got a 4-4-1-1 at mo with silva just behind villa, but would like to play two upfront without losing silva's best position behind strikers

You could try a 4-1-2-1-2 (4-4-2 narrow diamond) formation? Give Silva a Trequartista or advanced playmaker role. You might find that Zigic won't work that well in that formation though. Because it is narrow you won't be playing to his strengths and lobbing the crosses in.

Right an update on my game.

Well I was sacked. I am pretty annoyed to be honest. I was sitting in 5th place after 28 games gone. Ok, I was 14 points behind Barcelona and wasn't going to win the league but I only chose to challenge for the title at the start of the season. I was dropping to many points and had gone out of the Europa league to Anderlect.

I will start a new season with Valencia in a week or so, in the mean time I am going to fiddle around with my tactics on the save I have and then re-start the game.

sacked.png

leaguesofar.png

Well not really much else I can say at this point!

The game is obviously at lot harder with you as a manager if they feel you won't live up to your pre-season expectations, and probably right, but like any manager I would have liked to be given until the end of the season because, like any manager, I felt I could have turned things around.

Did anyone else get given £33m in November 'because the clubs finances had improved'???

Bit of a result really! Spent some on Serna and probably going to get a keeper (as mentioned earlier) but also think a new CB could be a good idea.

Nope, but tbf by that point I had already spent £72m so my financial state probably won't have improved!

This season I've bought a couple of youngsters (Otamendi and Kiko Femenia(Hercules)) and and the team hasn't changed much:

11v0ilj.png

Any tacticle team advice? Im trying to get this formation to work and im reluctant to change but we seem to just be failing despite the team having moments of amazingness.

Tried the narrow diamond but this takes the wingers out of play really. It annoys me really as i like to play four at the back (DR DC DC DL) and have wingers and have two up front. Which doesn't leave me much room to experiment. Im one of the manager that has a system and sticks to it and if players dont fit then they're gone. What about everyone else? Enjoying the start of my Valencia game trying to bring in the young centre back alot of u have suggested, but need to decide on a formation (1 striker or 2) before any other transfers go through as dont wanna leave myself short on any area.

Thrustking56 - I tried on my first Valencia save to get that to work but couldnt get silva or villa to play well so started again from stratch. I think b4 i started again i'd played six scored 2 both from free kicks, conceded one

I'm using the Rigid 4-2-3-1 systme pictured above, putting Villa as the (complete forward) target man, running onto the ball; he's banging them in. More goals than games played (that's about 23 in 17 I think).

My only problem is getting Silva to play well. He's sporadic at best. It may only be the first season, but I'm beginning to think I needs someone else behind my striker... maybe Gourcuff, who I can get for £23m.

On the plus side, Joaquin (when drilling crosses) is amazing at setting Villa up. Probably my second best player so far.

Thrustking56; I'd say make sure you are planing a Rigid style. I then have one of you CM as a defensive ball winning mid (I got Annan in for just that job) and Fernandes as a Box to Box (although he does hit a lot of wasteful long shots ... ) further up the pitch, I use Mata as a support inside forward on the left, as mentioned above I'm having difficulty finding the perfect role for Silva (he' playing well, just not THAT well) and I have Joaquin as an out and out attacking winger (make sure use set up 'drill crosses' for Villa's sake).

Defence sorts itself out (although is by far the weakest part of the team ... I'm going to get Srna and Chivu in to sort that out).

Summer transfer window has just finished.

Ins

Miguel Veloso - £9 million

David Beckham - £1 million

Iker Muniain - £4.2 million

Alphonse Areloa - £90k

Outs

Nacho Gonzalez - £1.8 million

Pablo Hernandez - £8.75 million

Jose Luis Minano - 500k

Hewiges - Loan fee 300k, future price £1.7 million

Miku - Loan fee 200k

Alba - Loan

Pretty pleased, tried to get Adler but couldnt and possibly another striker. Possibly could of held on to Hernandez but I didnt really like the look of him and he raised a decent amount of cash. I also tried to get Otamendi but he rejected me for Porto.

Great start to the season so far with Villa scoring 9 goals in 3 games. :)

One of the best OP I have had the pleasure of reading and you've inspired me to take control at the Mestalla

Good, all the best. Keep us informed of your progress :thup:

I have just re-started my carrer as manager of Valencia. Will hopefully get an update up tomorrow evening, or Monday at the latest.

I just finished my first season in charge of Valencia in 3rd which I am pretty pleased with considering I went in to the final game in 5th. I manged to win the Europa League (UEFA cup), I performed really well in Europe even with a weakned side, and I lost in the final of the Spanish Cup to Real.

David Villa was amazing with 71 GOALS in 51 games, 48 coming in the league making him top scorer easliy. Silva was probably my second best peformer with 20+ assits, but Joaquin and Mata were both good on the wings too. Michel impressed whenever I gave him a chance.

We were the top scorers in the league but conceded far too many, I am definaly looking to sure up my defence in the transfer window.

I just got offered Edin Dzeko for £10.5 million, its a good price but I play 1 up front and I cant see myself dropping Villa. Any advice?

I didnt go for Dzeko in the end, but managed to get Gourcuff got £18 million over 48 months.

Now I've got £38 million to spend on a right back, centre back and a keeper.

Rafinha or Azpilicueta for RB. You can get Mexes for quite a good price (about 17m) for center back and Adler for the goalkeeping position. You might be able to get all 3 for that £38m if your lucky.

Rafinha or Azpilicueta for RB. You can get Mexes for quite a good price (about 17m) for center back and Adler for the goalkeeping position. You might be able to get all 3 for that £38m if your lucky.

Thanks for the advice.

In the end I got Ochoa, Papastathopoulos and Boateng, plus some youngsters. I tried for Adler but they wanted over £30 million, Azpilicueta was at Barca and Mexes was too expencive too.

This time i took all your advice and signed David Beckham for a season. It doesnt feel right but scouts say he is better than my existing central midfielders. So why not! As usual got Otamendi to cover the back, Camacho as a backup DM (Future Prospect also), and Suarez from Inter as my third choice striker. Still got a couple of million left. Keen to get hold of a young prospect if i can. Any ideas? Theres Kadlec, Galvan, Salvio. But i dont know if i can sign them with what i have left.

Hello everyone! I'm going to start a game with Valencia.

I will be playing 4-2-3-1 formation. I will be bringing Otamendi on DC position.

I will try to sell Maduro and bring in Anthony Annan - he should do the trick in defensive area as a ball winning midfield. I'm dwelling who could be better - Banega or Fernandes? Should I set them as box-to-box, deep playmakers or maybe standard central midfields? I would also like to state that Milan Badelj from NK Dinamo Zagreb would be a good option to buy - he is young and has a good potential.

I'll try to sell Hernandez and Vicente and bring in Salvio and Di Maria. Joaquin and Mata would be my first choices as wingers - OK, Mata as inside forward. Should I put Silva as advanced playmaker or trequartista? Villa would be good as complete forward. Also, I'll think about selling Žigić and bringing in Andrej Kramarić from NK Dinamo Zagreb is a great prospect for the future. Yes, I'm a big fan of NK Dinamo Zagreb :)

Hracak - You could try to get Veloso from Sporting Lisbon, I managed to get him for £10 million and h has been great.

I play Silva as an advanced playmaker and Villa as a complete forward, he scored 48 goals in the league.

Its really your choice Hrack. I play Villa as an advanced forward. I always thought a complete forward is a striker good in all aspects- can finish, can head has a bit of strength and speed. Villa has a great finisher and a mover but he isnt the strongest-thus Advanced Fwd.

As for Silva yes as an advanced playmaker. You can also have a little fun by swapping him with Mata. This can either work or end as a a mess. But when it works both of them can cause havoc for the opposition defence. Their defenders dont know who to mark.

Fernandes is Box to Box, while Banega is a Deep Lying Playmaker

First of all, good morning everyone and thank you for posting. I woke up recently - have been playing a bit tonight and have done my transfers and team adjustments.

Transfers

I have 3.5M euro to spend - have been using 48months and pre-window buying tweak. I wanted to buy Otamendi, but he has decided for Stuttgart. Instead of him, Fazio has arrived.

Team

Miguel Veloso will play as Box-to-box midfielder, backed up by Fernandes. Banega will get his chance as deep-play. Veloso will also swap with Annan as Ball-winning midfielder, if necessary. All my wingers will be set as wingers, even Mata. I will switch him if he fails to perform his duty as expected. Silva is advanced play, and Villa complete forward and also target man who will get his balls into space. Don't worry, I have set in team instructions to drill crosses :)

edit:

I think this is a major bug since this is 1. July and transfer window has started so pre-window glitch should have not worked anymore. Second reason for it is that Džeko is now 4th non-european player in my squad - how odd is that?

I was thinking about signing him in June along with players, but I since Miku didn't want to leave, I had expected this deal to fall and forgot to cancel it.

I will rotate him with Villa but the Spaniard will certainly be my first choice.

First of all, good morning everyone and thank you for posting. I woke up recently - have been playing a bit tonight and have done my transfers and team adjustments.

Transfers

I have 3.5M euro to spend - have been using 48months and pre-window buying tweak. I wanted to buy Otamendi, but he has decided for Stuttgart. Instead of him, Fazio has arrived.

Team

Miguel Veloso will play as Box-to-box midfielder, backed up by Fernandes. Banega will get his chance as deep-play. Veloso will also swap with Annan as Ball-winning midfielder, if necessary. All my wingers will be set as wingers, even Mata. I will switch him if he fails to perform his duty as expected. Silva is advanced play, and Villa complete forward and also target man who will get his balls into space. Don't worry, I have set in team instructions to drill crosses :)

edit:

I think this is a major bug since this is 1. July and transfer window has started so pre-window glitch should have not worked anymore. Second reason for it is that Džeko is now 4th non-european player in my squad - how odd is that?

I was thinking about signing him in June along with players, but I since Miku didn't want to leave, I had expected this deal to fall and forgot to cancel it.

I will rotate him with Villa but the Spaniard will certainly be my first choice.

Welcome to Valencia, hope you have fun.

Fazio should be a fantastic signing, and getting him for just 11.5m euro's is a great piece of business.

Can I ask what you mean by the pre-transfer window glitch?

Thank you, Davehanson.

By pre-transfer window glitch I mean the possibility to buy players on long term payment without that cash to be taken from your transfer budget and balance.

edit: in order not to spam and post too much, I will write it here. Yes, I was buying these players on 48 months long term payout. I started my game in June - on the very end of May, to be precise. I chose Croatia as my starting date country.

Thank you, Davehanson.

By pre-transfer window glitch I mean the possibility to buy players on long term payment without that cash to be taken from your transfer budget and balance.

Ah, ok. So you just mean you pay over 48 months then?

Also can I ask how you started your game in the begining of June?

Thank you, Davehanson.

edit: in order not to spam and post too much, I will write it here. Yes, I was buying these players on 48 months long term payout. I started my game in June - on the very end of May, to be precise. I chose Croatia as my starting date country.

Its not a 'glitch' then mate. What happens, when you pay via installments it will only take a % off your transfer budget for that year.

For example if you bought a player for £10m over 48 months it would take £2.5m off this years transfer budget. If you pay for anyone over 48 months it will take 25% of the total cost of the player off your current transfer budget.

It is the way I go about buying players for Valencia, you just have to hope to get Champions League football or you could be in financial trouble.

OK, maybe the term glitch was wrong. I was reffering to the situation in which they don't reduce the money until mid of the season. I was also doing that in previous versions. I was just curious how it has happened on the day transfer market was open. I thought it stopped to work on 1. July.

Am i the only one who struggles when 2 of Villa, Silva and Mata cant play due to injury or suspension? My team is so dependent on the three of them

Yeah a couple of key injuries and it gets tough, Villa is a massive miss, as is Veloso for me as I dont really have much back up for him. Bringing in Gourcuff meant that losing Mata or Silva was less of a blow.

I'm just about to face Man United in the Champions League final, Silva and Marchena are suspended but I've got good cover.

I've manged to win my first major trophy with Valencia, The Champions League. :)

I was playing United and was 3-0 up after 20 minutes, but after half time they dragged it back to 3-2, I managed to hold on in the end. I only manged 3rd in the league.

Got a big transfer budget, and have brought in Zuculini, Sakho and Mattock so far, I am really going to go for the league this season.

Archived