FM08 Offical Celtic FC Thread: Challenger Of Europe?

bazblock

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First season - SPL Winners, League Cup Winners, Last 32 of UEFA.

Second season - SPL Winners, League Cup Winners, finished last in CL group.

Third season - 2nd in SPL, League Cup and Scottish Cup.

4th season - Currently 1st and doing shocking in Europe.

Starting lineup atm.

Boruc

DL - Lequi

DC - McManus

DC - Sidnei

RB - Billy Jones

CM - Banega

CM - Arshavin

AML - McGeady

AMR - Lulinha

FC - Jo

FC - Jose Baxter/Billy Sharp.

Anyone got any good tactics for Europe against teams like Man UTD, Inter and Marseille (My group, 3games 3 losses)

1st season

won treble and got to quarter final of ECC

second season won double and got to the smeis of ECC. Got put out by Juve who went on to win it.

Team

GK - Boruc/Kotenko/Brown

DR - Wilson/Barragan/Doumbe

DL - Naylor/Van Damme/Staunton

DC - McManus©

DC - Goian/Kennedy/Caldwell

DMC - Donati/Banega/Radoi

MR - Arshavin/Kahlenberg/Gasbarroni

ML - Nakamura/McGeady

AMC - Hartley/Brown

FC - Dica/O'Connor/Juan Pablo

FC - Doyle/Cavenaghi/Vennegoor

Just finish my 1th season as Celtic manager in FM08

Players in:

Cesar Delgade

Fernando Belluschi

Gonzalo Pineda

Balázs Dzsudzsák

Erick Delgado

Pablo Piatti (in the reserves)

a couple of yongsters (in the reserves)

Dabo (on-loan)

Abou Diaby (on-loan)

Hossam Ghaly (on-loan in the reserves)

Jonathan Evans (on-loan in the reserves)

Darron Gibson (on-loan in the reserves

Players out:

Non after the patch the 24 month trick doesn't work for me

Started off rather badly in the CL group stage loosing to 1-4 to Inter at home and 2-4 away to Lyon before switching to my current tactic, a big big thanks to Sweet-Zombie-Jesus and his S-Z-J 4-2-3-1 Tactic, only chanced it for the CL final (where I dropped the defence line to cope with Barca attacks)

which has been amazing for me (and Celtic)

League cup won: First trophy.

Celtic (3) - Hearts (1)

Delgado, Naka, Sno - Porazik

League won:

Final day win at Ibrox seals the league for Celtic

Ranger (2) - Celtic (3)

Boyd (2) - Belluschi, McGeady JVoH

Nakamura won the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Players' Player of the Year with Belluschi and McGeady in 2nd and 3th place

JVoH finish 2nd in the FW Player of the Year

I won the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Manager of the Year

Boruc, McManus, Balde, Naka, Belluschi, McGeady and JVoH were all in the Clydesdale Bank Premier League Team of the Year

Champions league champions

Celtic (3) - Barcelona (2) (After extra time)

Belluschi, Delgade(2) - Henry, dos Santos

McGeady won the European Championship Cup Best Player with Pineda runner up

Pineda, McGeady, Balde and JVoH was also in the European Champions Cup Dream Team

Semis vs Stuttgart

Qtr Finals vs Chelsea (after extra time)

1th knock out stage vs Roma

Group stage vs Inter, Lyon and APOEL

Scottish FA Cup won

Celtic (2) - Rangers (0)

Belluschi (2)

Belluschi finished as my topscorer with 25 goals in 56(2) games from AMCR, Delagde finish 2nd with 23 goals in 21(28) games and JVoH 3th with 21 goals in 42(5) games

Naka managed a 7.59 Av Rat, McGeady 7.52 and Pineda 7.32

McGeady got 18 assists, Belluschi 16 and Naka 12

just bought maloney from villa in january transfer window of 2nd season for 600k.amazing bit of business hes played 12 games so far average rating of 7.22, 5 goals, 9 assists.cant believe i didnt buy him sooner considering i spent 3.5 mill on damien duff who was an absolute waste!!!

Originally posted by Div Muzza:

,I'm halfway thru my 2nd season and im looking to sign a CB who is quite fast at the end os the season. Ive reached the quarter and semi of the ECC. Im looking to spent around £6Mil but I have around 10 if needed.

Breno if he hasn't been sold on

,I'm halfway thru my 2nd season and im looking to sign a CB who is quite fast at the end os the season. Ive reached the quarter and semi of the ECC. Im looking to spent around £6Mil but I have around 10 if needed.

I have £22Mil sorry so I'm looking to spend around 12

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

I'm in 2013.

I've won 4 leagues out of 6.

4 Scottish Cups

4 League Cups and I have done terrible in Europe.

whos your defence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DR - Bocaly

DC - Moran

DC - Aas

DL - Lequi

Originally posted by Number 7:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Div Muzza:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Number 7:

I'm in 2013.

I've won 4 leagues out of 6.

4 Scottish Cups

4 League Cups and I have done terrible in Europe.

It is only Bocaly that I would take instead of what Celtic start off with. Wilson, McManus and O'Dea are all good defenders

whos your defence </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DR - Bocaly

DC - Moran

DC - Aas

DL - Lequi </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Originally posted by kyle_11:

Just starting my 2nd season as celtic and Nakamura has requested a transfer . I've accepted and now I need a replacement. How much do you think I will get for him? Also can you recommend any right backs?

Thank you

I've the Gelson Fernandes (Man C) as my Naka replacement with Ivan Rakitic as backup (Schalke 04). As rightback I've Hutton (were sold to Man C) and I bought him back to Scotland with Wilson as his backup

Would think you could get around £5m for Naka is you were lucky

Ive just finished season 2010/2011. won the league 4 times in a row, scottish cup 3 times , league cup 2 times, and the semis of the euro cup. Very good young team all round. But your knackered when the olympics come around.

GK Felipe Subs

DL mattias cahais Bolzoni

DC Rigionne Eduardo

DC Mc Manus Sebek

DR Loic Albonzour Bakroth

ML Mc Geady Killen

MC Roberto Brown

AMC Sergio Mota

MR Morais

FC Thibault Borgeouis

FC Cesar Lindado

I managed to win (yes win) the champions league with celtic. I didn't really strengthen the squad with any first team players apart from van der vaart (who was instrimental and the best player in the competition) and jonny evans on loan from man utd.

------------Boruc---------------

Wilson---McManus---Evans---Naylor

--------------------------------

McGeady--Donati*---V.D.Vaart--Naka

---------------------------------

--------McDonald--V.Heslink------

*Injury plagued and replaced by Brown I managed to win (yes win) the champions league with celtic. I didn't really strengthen the squad with any first team players apart from van der vaart (who was instrimental and the best player in the competition) and jonny evans on loan from man utd.

Scraped quite a few games but came back from 1-0 at half time wi madrid to win 2-1.

Since I have made many key signings with my budget of 21 mil:

Falcao

Nani (loan)

Walcott (loan)

Roberto Carlos

Jozy Altidore

Hatem Ben Arfa (loan)

Funny game this one, as I wrote earlier in the thread I won the CL with Celtic in the first season icon_smile.gif , in the 2nd I didn't go futher than the group stage icon_frown.gif , and now in the 3th season another Champions League win icon_smile.gif

Best team

GK) Boruc

DR) Alan Hutton

DL) Gonzalo Pineda

DC) Breno

DC) McManus

DM) Lorik Cana

MC) Gelson Fernades

MC) Scott Brown

AMR) Fernando Belluschi

AML) McGeady

FC) Henok Goitom

Cesar Delgado, Billy Sharp, Damien Duff (loan), Ivan Rakitic, Lee Naylor, John Kennedy, Darren O'Dea also played a large part in the succes. Also bought Yakubu in the January window, but as I switched to playing with one striker and two attacking wingers, one of Delgado, Sharp and Yakubu is certain to leave in the summer

Both cups and the league was won aswell

League won with 107 point, Rangers finish 2nd on goal difference with Falkirt, both of the getting 62 point, 45 point less than me icon_biggrin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Into my first season and reasonably happy with how I'm doing so far.

IN

Sergey Ignashevich (Free)

Ever Bangega (£3.6m)

Gonzalo Pineda (£1.9m)

Dickson Choto (£600k)

Miralem Pjanic (£400k)

Bogdan Stancu (£200k)

Total: £6.7m

OUT

Marcej Zurawski (£500k)

Jiri Jarosik (£2.5m)

Darren O'Dea (£2m)

Evander Sno (£2m)

Bobo Balde (£500k)

Lee Naylor (£2m)

Total: £9.5m

Defensively I've only conceded 15 in 24 games overall, 9 out of 15 in the league. Scored 44 in 24 matches with Scott McDonald scoring 14 and Bodgan Stancu scored 9 then got injured. Since he got injured McDonald's been carrying the flag since Killen & VoH are both misfiring badly. Going to sell both of them at the end of the season. Got Rodrigo Palacio coming in at the end of the season for £8.5m and hopefully that'll help the striking crisis.

Sitting top of the league by 3 points, but it looks like I'm heading out of the CL. Played 5 won 2, drawn 1 and lost 2. With only one game to go, I have to beat Olympiakos and hope that Chelsea beat Benfica. Pleased so far, but gonna have to get my act together!

OK, finally got round to my celtic game

I've decided (due to the under 21 rule) to concentrate on young scots, or at least just scots

so far i've bought:

lewis stevenson - as we needed a backup lb

christophe berra - to replace kennedy who wa sthe weakest centre back after bobo and elvis

barry robson - replacing jarosik who i sold for £1m

- total spent - £5.5m

i've also offloaded quite a few though not for much cash as i transfer listed them:

kartal, marr, mcewan, conroy, mcgovern, mnccafferty, riley, o'brien, balde, mcgowan, jarosik, and mcglinchey

in total that only came to £1.7m but i'm not bothered as i made a lot from season ticket sales during the same period.

i'm basicly getting rid of all my reserves who aren't going to make it and keeping a select, lucky few.

according to my ass man, the players brought in are an improvement, if not a significant one.

still wanting to offload a lot of reserves including elvis, majic, gravesen, virgo and kennedy (too many centre backs)

my squad currently stands at:

GK - Boruc, Brown

DR - Wilson, Doumbe

DL - Naylor, Stevenson*

DC - Caldwell, Berra

DC - McManus, O'Dea*

MR - Nakamura, Bjarnason*

ML - McGeady, Robson

MC - Donati, Sno*

MC - Brown, Hartley

ST - Hesselink, Killen

ST - McDonald, Riordan

*denotes under21s so that shouldn't be a problem

any advice on how to strengthen is much appreciated bearing in mind my transfer policy stated above.

however i am willing to shell out when replacement big name players such as naka and boruc so fire away!

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Currently in my 3rd season

GK-Boruc/Viera

DR-Wilson/Yakubu

DC-McManus/Forster

DC-Skrtel/Cuthbert

DL-Edman/O'Dea

MR-Belluschi/Brown

MC-Donati/Benega

MC-Kerlon/Kenia

ML-McGeady/Di Maria

ST-Farfan/Vantaggiato(sp)

ST-Cabanas/Al Hawasawi

In my 1st season i won the treble, last 16 of Champions League

2nd season won everything including a 3-0 victory over Real Madrid in Champs League final

3rd season just put lyon out of Champs league to go into the quarter-finals, 20 points clear in league, Rangers languishing in 6th!!

In terms of my transfer policy, i spent the first 2 seasons building a strong 1st 11, with some quality back-up..

This season i am concentrating on developing my own players and have signed some very promising youngsters who should make the breakthrough in the next season or so, most notably Tomislav Pavlov.

He is a the club when u take over and is a decent youngster, however with changes to my training structure he has developed into a quality young player, have him out on loan this season along with Luca Santonico for 1st team experience

All in all i have spent approx £30m so far, and brought in approx £22m in transfer fees

ive just started my celtic game. i'm using croats 4-2-3-1 formation i love ive only conceeded one goal in my first 5 games.

in

var der vart 10mil

stancu 1.2mil(duno why he cost so much)

banega 3.8mil

thiago motta loan from ath.madrid

breno 4mil coming in jan

sepsi 220k

ignashevic(sp) free

out

killen 5mil

elvis 475k

bobo 1.7mil

jarosek 5mil

naka 8mil(never like him since the cylde game)

1st team

boruc

sepsi mcmanus ignashevic wilson

banega donnati

mcgeady VDV brown

VoH

not sure about my stiker as i need a fast striker for this formation to work best but out of mcdonald, stancu an VoH hes the only one scoring goals. i have 8mil left in the bank but i think i'm going to keep it till the end of the season and bring in a RB an ST.

i'm currently thinking about

RB-Bocaly, Simpson(man utd), Taylor

ST- Defoe Balotelli saivet

any better ideas would be great

Macsoz, Found a great wee player by accident: Plumb Jusufi

for 130k, has hardly played but is now worth 2.5 mil looks a good striker

also akinfeev nearly done for 22 mil plus clauses, am i crazy?

Gk) Boruc

RB) Eduardo Ratinho

LB) Lee Naylor

CB) Yegor Filipenko ( considered for greatest Celtic team ever)

CB) Breno / Hector Moreno

RW) Aiden/Torje

LW) Leonardo (STEAL for 1.5)/Aquino

MF) Broony/Aaritalo

MF) Banega/Piatti

CF) Zarate/Altidore/Jufusi

CF)Eddie Johnson/Ever Guzman

have just started a game with celtic today

players in

bogdan stancu 300k

rafeal v. vaart 8.75m

i.olic p/ex with naka

sammy kuffour 500k

a, stokes 4.5m

players out

nakamura 2.5m + i.olic p/ex

e, sno 1.3m

jvoh 3m

unbeaten in league after 6 games and reached the groups stages and just drew with as roma a will keep updated and screeen shots

p.s vdv is an absolute revelation

Originally posted by andy preece:

im in october of the 1st season and the there is a takeover due to happen.they say that hristo stoichkov is to be named as manager if the takeover happens,has anyone else had this?

Happens when most takeovers are being muted by the press in the game. I've never been bulleted yet by a new chairman, just make sure you are doing well and more than likely you'll survive any changes upstairs.

In my second season with my celtic team now and just won the uefa cup,league and scottish cup(lost to the **** in final of league cup.first season a won the league and league cup n lost in final of scottish cup.

this is my team

GK-Boruc(holy goalie)/Ivankov

DR-Mendy/Wilson

DL-Naylor/Babayaro(loan)

DC-Cabral/Ignashevich

DC-Cahais

MC-Banega/Donati

MC-Kehl/Denilson(loan)

AMR-Brown/Torje

AML-McGeady/Lulinha/Lomski

AMC-Nakamura/Marin

FC-Sharp/Stancu/Saivet/Qvist

I've won the Champions League more than a few times with Celtic in FM08, so I decided to go on a different approach.

Sold on all the non Scottish/Irish players (2nd nationality is good enough to stay) and let go of the foreign coaches, or if they are there they are not working with the players

Team so far:

GK) Colin Doyle - Shane Supple- Mark Brown

DR) Mark Wilson - Scott Cuthbert - Paul Caddis

DL) Lewis Stevenson - Garry Hay - Michael Staunton

DC) Richard Dunn - John Kennedy

DC) Stephen McManus - Darren O'Dea

DM) Richard Hughes - Gary Caldwell - Charlie Grant

MC) Barry Robson - Paul Hartley -

MC) Scott Brown - Simon Ferry

AMR) Aiden McGeady - Scott McDonald

AML) Derek Riordan - Mike McGlinchey

Biggest problem atm is that there is no defensive midfielder of a good standart there is Scottish or Irish. Hope that Caldwell or Grant will grow into that position, or that there will come a wonderkid regen after the first season

Originally posted by DKB:

I've won the Champions League more than a few times with Celtic in FM08, so I decided to go on a different approach.

Sold on all the non Scottish/Irish players (2nd nationality is good enough to stay) and let go of the foreign coaches, or if they are there they are not working with the players

Team so far:

GK) Colin Doyle - Shane Supple- Mark Brown

DR) Mark Wilson - Scott Cuthbert - Paul Caddis

DL) Lewis Stevenson - Garry Hay - Michael Staunton

DC) Richard Dunn - John Kennedy

DC) Stephen McManus - Darren O'Dea

DM) Richard Hughes - Gary Caldwell - Charlie Grant

MC) Barry Robson - Paul Hartley -

MC) Scott Brown - Simon Ferry

AMR) Aiden McGeady - Scott McDonald

AML) Derek Riordan - Mike McGlinchey

FC) Kevin Doyle - Steven Fletcher

Biggest problem atm is that there is no defensive midfielder of a good standart there is Scottish or Irish. Hope that Caldwell or Grant will grow into that position, or that there will come a wonderkid regen after the first season

fixed

Just finished my first season winning the double but got thumped 8-0 on agg by Real Madrid in quarters of CL. My money never changed so had no funds to spend and give an ultimatiun and was sacked. Nightmare. Everytime I have started a new game now I get thumped no matter who I am playing. Any help would be appreciated??

Archived