Latitude, Longitude, Regional Leagues

Cadijk van Kaarhandel

I'm reading several posts where people are making leagues which split by Regional - North, South, Central, East, West, etc.

We know that the game does split by North/South, e.g. English Conference.

But can it split by East/West?

Trying to work out a set-up for a league i'm planning on creating so would like to know if Regional split is possible.

and is it possible to create regional leagues, depending on country parts, like entities or counties????

I am pretty sure that you can.

On the FM09 editor, you can choose what league a team shall play in, if they go down.

Eg. If Man U is relegated into Blue Square N/S, then it says in the editor if they will play in North or SOuth

Hop it made sense :D

An example:

Lets say I've a Regional Leagues:

North Championship League

South Championship League

Subordinate to Regionals are the District Leagues:

Div 1 North (east), Div 1 North (west), Div 1 North (north) and Div 1 North (south)

Div 1 South (east), Div 1 South (west), Div 1 South (north) and Div 1 South (south)

4 teams get relegated from North Championship - will the game reassign all the Div 1 North (e), Div 1 North (w), etc etc so as to keep them in their relevent Districts?

An example:

Lets say I've a Regional Leagues:

North Championship League

South Championship League

Subordinate to Regionals are the District Leagues:

Div 1 North (east), Div 1 North (west), Div 1 North (north) and Div 1 North (south)

Div 1 South (east), Div 1 South (west), Div 1 South (north) and Div 1 South (south)

4 teams get relegated from North Championship - will the game reassign all the Div 1 North (e), Div 1 North (w), etc etc so as to keep them in their relevent Districts?

If you assign them to a specific regional league, then yes. At least on FM09, and I don't think it's changed.

Say you have Team A assigned to D1N, and Team B to D1S, and they both go down, then they will go down to the specified leagues.

And the game will keep only the right number of teams in each division, and will move teams around if the numbers don't match

Cool stuff.

What would happen if one year, 2 teams in D1S went down, and then the next year two teams from D1N got relegated? Would the CPU move the D1S team that was placed in the north division (or whatever team was shifted there) to the proper division and put both both D1N teams in the correct league? I hope that made sense...

Archived