Lower League Tactics Help

I have started a game with Braintree. Iam having a little trouble with getting the tactics right. Im unsure on a few things.

At this level sohuld i keep passing to direct no one seems to have passing above 10. Do i close down the whole pitch. Should it be spread wide and then get crosses in.

Does nayoen have any guidelines for LLM

Cheers

Part-timers and lower league players tend to have quite low stamina. If they do, you need to think about conserving their energy, so not too much pressing and not too wide. Passing is more subjective; in lower leagues many clubs go for humping the ball long, but some managers go for short neat passing - if the players are close enough to each other it can work - you don't need Beckham balls.

The lowest reputation club I tried in 10 is Cliftonville so far, but passing of 8-9 generally works OK down low (did on 09). I often got away with playing a reasonably short passing game in NI's second division - not exactly a tiqui taqua, but not much unlike what you see on the pitch every day in top level football. You still want possession on any level of the game when playing against evenly-matched opponents. Shorter passes are easier to get right than long direct ones.

If you don't have a competent big forward up front, or a pair of really fast wingers (for league standard), your midfield will have to play the ball anyway to get anything done.

Archived