FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

But you can raid foreign clubs and get as many loans as you want. Most of whom are a lot better than the players what you have in the lower leagues.

Is that possible in FM10? in 09 I could never get any foreign players on loan let alone free transfer until I reached the championship

Only those who spoke English used to accept me, that limited my choices to players in the UK and Holland

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is that possible in FM10? in 09 I could never get any foreign players on loan let alone free transfer until I reached the championship

Only those who spoke English used to accept me, that limited my choices to players in the UK and Holland

Yeah you can sign as many loans as you want as long as there not playing in England.

Four loans only from English clubs on long term loans.

When I started playing FM09 with the confidence thing avialable I thought it was unrealistic but in real life mangers change every month

What league are you in? When I was in the blue-square confidence would be always high if I defeat a league club and I never saw less than 50% until I lost to an EPL club in the FA cup

I've just started in League 2, confidence was 47% after the Preston game, but still they were reported as disappointed.

I've just beaten Port Vale 4-0 away despite being them being odds on to win the game. Hmmm.

I've just started in League 2, confidence was 47% after the Preston game, but still they were reported as disappointed.

I've just beaten Port Vale 4-0 away despite being them being odds on to win the game. Hmmm.

What formation are you playing this season with all your new loans ?

Abdou Dieye is awesome until the championship i loaned him for 3 seasons another goal machine :cool:.

Excellent!

I've played 7 and I'm sitting 2nd in League 2 with 4 wins and 3 draws. Pretty good considering my team is virtually all new.

I do think they haven't quite hit their stride yet, they're getting mostly in the high six's so I think there's more to come. A lot of them are young so I'm giving them plenty of encouragement in the hopes that they'll start performing to their capabilities.

Maybe I'm expecting a bit much of them but I do think promotion should be the minimum goal consdering the level of players at my disposal.

I'm a bit worried about January mind, when some of my loan stars will have to leave (unless I can extend all their loans), but maybe I can get some new loan stars who are even better!

I do think they haven't quite hit their stride yet, they're getting mostly in the high six's so I think there's more to come. A lot of them are young so I'm giving them plenty of encouragement in the hopes that they'll start performing to their capabilities.

Apologies for quoting myself but it looks like I was right about this anyway.

I've since won my last 7 games scoring 28 goals and conceding none. I'm now top by 5 points. My last three games were all away and I won them 5-0, 5-0 and 7-0! The second of which was away to League 1 Carlisle.

I'm sure this form can't continue since I've already lost a couple of loanees but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

You're so right about Dieye Col, he's scored 14 in 14 and is undoubtedly my star man.

Apologies for quoting myself but it looks like I was right about this anyway.

I've since won my last 7 games scoring 28 goals and conceding none. I'm now top by 5 points. My last three games were all away and I won them 5-0, 5-0 and 7-0! The second of which was away to League 1 Carlisle.

I'm sure this form can't continue since I've already lost a couple of loanees but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

You're so right about Dieye Col, he's scored 14 in 14 and is undoubtedly my star man.

Very impressive it looks like your tactics are spot on. I don't think i have ever had them results for three games in a row.

Hows Donaldson doing for you as a deep lying forward ? i played him as a attacking midfielder on attack duty and he was class.

Keep on loaning Dieye until the championship he will bang in the goals and then sign him on a free when your in the EPL (if you go up every season) and he's a good back up striker.

I've just won the World Club Cup beating Lanus 5-0 in the final with goals from Marquinhos 2, Balotelli, Jones, Prieto in front of 104000 fans in Mexico's Estadio Azteca :cool:.

I beat Chivas 5-1 in the semis with goals from Macheda (hatrick), Balotelli, Kryvtsov.

Well i am off to the match now. But i am off tomorrow so FM all day for me ;).

Very impressive it looks like your tactics are spot on. I don't think i have ever had them results for three games in a row.

Hows Donaldson doing for you as a deep lying forward ? i played him as a attacking midfielder on attack duty and he was class.

Keep on loaning Dieye until the championship he will bang in the goals and then sign him on a free when your in the EPL (if you go up every season) and he's a good back up striker.

Yeah, I hit a real purple patch. Since then I've had to eke out one goal wins and I've even had a couple of draws. I usually play 442 but played 433 for the 7-0 win.

I'm playing Donaldson as a deep lying forward and he's doing well, 15 games played 7 goals, 5 assists. Not bad at all.

I like to sign new players on loan every season if I can, it's nice to learn how to use new players even though you have the inevitable settling in period. I think for Dieye I might make an exception mind.

Yeah, I hit a real purple patch. Since then I've had to eke out one goal wins and I've even had a couple of draws. I usually play 442 but played 433 for the 7-0 win.

What type of 4-3-3 the proper one with three cental strikers or the one striker and two inside forwards on the wing ?

I have went a bit mad i have now signed another regen a 16 year old CB for £18m from Udinese.

In a few years time he will be a immense CB. He will be learning from Kryvtsov for a good few years so hopefully he will turn into a world class CB

2lsia2f.jpg

Where are you getting all this money from, player sales?

Aye. Signing loads of players on frees then selling them in the next transfer window.

Or buying transfer listed players then selling them for more than i paid in the next transfer window.

Also Champions League money and Premier League money is also used.

I actually haven't managed to get a fee for a single player yet, still in League 2.

What's your secret?

If you look in the Bugs forum under transfers theres a way to sell players easier.

Offer a player out for his value then add the clause after 1 appearence and ask for stupid amounts.

Interesting I'll try it, there's a couple of players I'm desperate to get rid of from my Conference days. At the time, three year contracts seemed like a good idea.

It normally gets players wanted by clubs who didn't get any interest beforehand.

Really? I tried it for a couple of players and it didn't work, got no offers at all.

keep on lowering the after one league appearence.

I have only tried this from being in the EPL soit might not work for lower league sides although in the OP from the link he is at a low league Itailian club.

Finally my board has agreed to give me a Spanish feeder club Xerez who are in the Spanish second division.

It's the first time they have agreed with my choice of club.

So only two years for my South Americans to gain Spainish Nationality ;).

I have just beat Sunderland in the Leage cup final 3-2 with Balotelli 2, Kalogerakis with the goals.

I am currently 2nd in the EPL after 27 games with three games in hand on Man City who are top and i am four points behind them.

I have got Arsenal next game in the FA Cup Quater finals at the Emirates Stadium.

In the Champions League i have got Bayern Munich in the first knock out round with the scores 2-2 from the first leg in the Allianz Arena.

So coming into march i still have a chance to get all seven trophies available to win ;).

I've just won promotion to League 1 with 7 games remaining, I've fair strolled it in the end after a slight sticky patch a couple of months ago.

Played 39, won 30, drawn 6, lost 3, GD +83, 96 points. Still have 7 games to play as well!

Dieye had a 12 hour goal drought but luckily after playing 433 for a sustained period my other two strikers took up the baton. Donaldson got 6 in another 7-0 win, this time home to Yeovil.

My team of loan stars has clearly been too good for this league. It's going to be harder next year I feel.

I have had another great season in my 8th seaon in charge at Gateshead. I won everything apart from the FA Cup.

Even though i won a lot of trophies i am still not happy with how we are playing and with me keep on switching formations is probably not helping. This season i have played 4-4-2, 4-4-2 Diamond both wide and narrow, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-2-3-1 Deep, 4-5-1.

Macheda scored 46 goals but he could of scored a lot more i lost count of how many easy chances he missed.

x0raj5.jpg

2epuafs.jpg

5wjfi8.jpg

I've just won promotion to League 1 with 7 games remaining, I've fair strolled it in the end after a slight sticky patch a couple of months ago.

Played 39, won 30, drawn 6, lost 3, GD +83, 96 points. Still have 7 games to play as well!

Dieye had a 12 hour goal drought but luckily after playing 433 for a sustained period my other two strikers took up the baton. Donaldson got 6 in another 7-0 win, this time home to Yeovil.

My team of loan stars has clearly been too good for this league. It's going to be harder next year I feel.

Well done on winning the league with ease.

How many goals did your three strikers score ? I have played 4-3-3 a lot this season but found two forwards scoring for fun but the third forward would get poor ratings and not many goals.

Actually going 433 might have coincided with Dieye's lean spell. He's playing as an advanced forward, Donaldson as deep lying and my other striker as a target man. So far for the season Dieye has 36 in 47, Donaldson 33 in 42 and Baseya 12 in 16. So you can see how much Donaldson has caught up since I went 433. He had scored only half the goals Dieye had half way through the season.

When i play the 4-3-3 i have Advanced forward, Deep lying forward and Trequartista and normally its the Deep lying forward that gets the poor ratings.

The Trequartista is class and pulls the strings and gets loads of assists and goals and the Advanced forward scores the most goals. I have tried changing the Deep lying forward to a Poacher but he is still poor.

Oh well off the watch the match on TV and will go through the pre season later on tonight .

Bad result eh?

Finished the season top with 117 points. I think it's the best season in terms of points I've ever had, certainly playing as Gateshead.

Played 46, won 37, drawn 6, lost 3. For 129 Against 33, GD +96.

A truly fantastic season. Almost too good, I can't believe it took till I was promoted for sure before I got serious complacency issues.

Dieye finished with 41 goals in 52 apps, Donaldson 35 in 47 and Baseya 16 in 21. My entire team had great seasons.

So now to pre-season to see if I can possibly match my amazing loan coups of this season. It's been a fairy tale season this one.

I have just had a look at my coaches and if they were still playing i would have a unbeatable side. These are some of my coaches Arthur Numan, Dejan Stefanovic, Habib Beye, Robert Prosinecki, Ryan Giggs, Gary Speed, Simao, Joaquin, Ivan Cordoba, Shay Given, Ally Mccoist :cool:.

I also have Steven Gerrard and Alberto Aquilani coming when the new season starts and there Liverpool contracts finish :cool:.

Bad result eh?

Finished the season top with 117 points. I think it's the best season in terms of points I've ever had, certainly playing as Gateshead.

Played 46, won 37, drawn 6, lost 3. For 129 Against 33, GD +96.

A truly fantastic season. Almost too good, I can't believe it took till I was promoted for sure before I got serious complacency issues.

Dieye finished with 41 goals in 52 apps, Donaldson 35 in 47 and Baseya 16 in 21. My entire team had great seasons.

So now to pre-season to see if I can possibly match my amazing loan coups of this season. It's been a fairy tale season this one.

Shocking result couldn't beat 10 men for most of the game :(.

Bloody hell 129 goals thats fantastic but your defence was awesome as well conceeding only 33 in 46 games ;).

When i played a 4-3-3 i would score lots but also conceed lots. It was like watching a Keegan side we'll score more than you philosophy.

Where's the reply button gone?

Anyway, to be fair I only played 433 consistently for the last 15 games but they were probably my best performances overall.

I'm not sure if I get the same players on loan again that they'll be good enough to get me promoted from League 1. They might well be but I'm going to see if I can get even better players if possible. I'm getting too used to winning!

Where's the reply button gone?

Anyway, to be fair I only played 433 consistently for the last 15 games but they were probably my best performances overall.

I'm not sure if I get the same players on loan again that they'll be good enough to get me promoted from League 1. They might well be but I'm going to see if I can get even better players if possible. I'm getting too used to winning!

The reply button is still there.

You MUST sign Donaldson and Dieye on loan until the Championship. Both of them are decent back ups for EPL teams.

Must be just me then.

I'm definitely going to sign Dieye but I'll have to see which other English based loanees are available before I get Donaldson.

Probably getting overexcited to be honest, I'll be lucky if I can put together as good a side as I've had this season next season.

I'm thinking after last season that I might try to compose my entire first team squad of loan players. I'm not sure if it's possible but it would cut out the need to pay wages at the very least.

Fot the majority of last season my only non-lonee first teamers were my goalkeeper Matthew Gilks and centre-half Andy Iro, with a couple more on the bench.

The only potential problem I can see is that I wouldn't be able to sell players to make any money. But maybe this would be offset by my not paying any wages.

I'm thinking after last season that I might try to compose my entire first team squad of loan players. I'm not sure if it's possible but it would cut out the need to pay wages at the very least.

Fot the majority of last season my only non-lonee first teamers were my goalkeeper Matthew Gilks and centre-half Andy Iro, with a couple more on the bench.

The only potential problem I can see is that I wouldn't be able to sell players to make any money. But maybe this would be offset by my not paying any wages.

Theres no reason why not. I think i had about 20 loan players in my squad in league one not all of them were good enough for the first team but i thought i might as well fill my boots of players that i don't have to pay wages to.

Archived