FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We lost the Aston Villa game 2-0 which i think is a good result as i thought it would of been a proper hammering.

We sit top of the league after four games with 12 points. But it is my rock solid defence that has to get all the credit so far with only 1 goal conceeded so far in the league.

Up into 4th place after 14 games following a good streak which included wins over Liverpool and Everton and an away draw against Man U (where I should maybe have won).

Played 14, Won 7, Drawn 2, Lost 5. Scored 25, Conceded 20. 23 points.

We're definitely not top four material as yet though. We're firmly in the chasing pack category, we've just had some good form which I'm sure will fluctuate though the season. For one thing we're conceding too many goals, but I guess 7 of those were conceded when we had men sent off early. I don't think my full backs are good enough, they're getting there but are the weak points in my team. I don't want to sign anyone to replace them in January though because I think they'll be great by next season if I keep playing them. Besides we only need to finish mid table this season and I'm sure we can do that even with ropey full backs.

Conti the Trequartista has 7 goals and 4 assists (he got a hat-trick is the last game). Mouche has 6 and 6 assists and Neymar has 4 and 3 assists.

Just offer his club Jumilla £0 and they accept thats what i did.

Cheers, will try that.

My best signing so far has been a Cypriot international called Alexis Nicolas, who used to play for Chelsea. Shane Ferguson and Wesley Ngo Baheng are doing well too.

Edit::: Damn Willy Topp turned me down.

Played my reserves at home to Boro and won 3-1.

Next match, a league game at home to Boro, I play my 1st team and lose 3-0.

Might have been my teamtalk. I said for the fans in the first match, I expect you to win in the second. Terrible result.

I think team talks have far to much influence on this game a bad team talk can overide a good tactic.

I have had my biggest win of the season 5-0 against Aldershot and i used no team talk at the start of the game so i will test that for a while.

Cheers, will try that.

My best signing so far has been a Cypriot international called Alexis Nicolas, who used to play for Chelsea. Shane Ferguson and Wesley Ngo Baheng are doing well too.

Edit::: Damn Willy Topp turned me down.

how far are you in the game? He wouldn't come to me in the summer but would in January.

Next game home to Bristol City we are big favourites, I say I expect a win, we go on to win 5-2, with 4 of players rating over 8.

I think it must relate to how heavily your team is favoured, I was only just favourite at home to Boro despite beating them with my reserves the week before. Against Bristol City I was odds on favourite.

I don't think the odds have anything to do with team talks as i am massive underdogs every game. But i have the best squad in the league so i can't work that out.

I have used no team talk at the start and at half time now for 5 games and we have won all of them very easily.

I was using a mix of you can win and for the fans but no team talk has been getting me better results.

Just wondering im playing as Cambridge and always post in there but no one ever reply or even posts in there.

Any chance i could join in here talking about it as intened to get Cambridge to the Premership

I don't know if that would be allowed by the mods.

I have no problem with that though ;).

I am coming towards the end of January now and i am top of league two with 68 points. Played 29, Won 21, Drew 5, Lost 3, for 71, Ag 24. Bournemouth are 2nd with 61 points and Notts County are 3rd with 60 points.

I haven't made any new signings in the transfer window but i might try to get another one or two players in on loan for extra depth in the squad.

I am back to playing a 4-3-3 as i couldn't get any good wingers to play the 3-4-3 but a 4-3-3 that is more balanced and more disciplined version with short passing instead of default passing.

I am getting very impatient now though waiting for the new patch so i can play my favoured 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 wide diamond formations.

After winning five games on the bounce following my bad defeat at home to Boro I'm now sitting 3rd after 20 games with 38 points, only 5 points behind the leaders Man City. My forwards have really started to hit form, with Conti particularly outstanding. He's now got 15 goals and 6 assists. Mouche is doing well with 10 goals and 12 assists. 12 assists and he's a poacher! Neymar has 8 goals and 6 assists and he's missed a couple of games through injury.

I switched Mouche to the left of the three forwards since he's left footed, put Conti the trequartista in the centre and Neymar on the right. I think it's working out better. I've done the same in midfield, playing Stojanovic on the left since he's two footed, Burton in the middle and Gubbles on the right since they're both right footed and I want my ball winner in the centre.

Now sure how effective this left/right footedness is. I give all my left corners, free-kicks etc to left sided players and vice versa. Does it really make a difference?

BTW I've scored 46 goals, 10 better than the next best team in the league.

Heh, I was only kidding. I thought you were going for a stat off.

Baheng scored 34 goals for me in the BSP so you can expect many more goals to come from him. He's a genius at that level.

My young promising left back Alessio Ghirardi has revealed that the recent media speculation is having an unsettling effect. In fact he's been revealing that regularly for the past few months due to interest from the mighty Notts County. I thought offering a new contract might soothe the situation but it hasn't. Really I was hoping I'd be able to keep him as one for the future as well as for my first team. He's young and is good but promises to be great. Now it looks like he's flakey. I mean, if he gets like that when Notts County are sniffing around what's he going to be like in a season or so when Man U, Real Madrid et al are after him?

I'll have to wait and see what effect this unsettledness has on his performances. I'm in the January window so I can replace him if I absolutely must.

What league are Notts County in?

Anyone know the best role to use Haris Vuckic in? I've got him on loan but I don't really play with an attacking midfielder, I'll usually pull Graeme Armstrong off and use Vuckic as a trequartista for the last 20 minutes or so. Is there a better role to use him in?

My current line up is

GK: Provett

LB: Lough

RB: Baxter

CB: Curtis

CB: Jones

DM: Nicolas

LM: Phillips

RM: Harwood/Brittain

CM: Gate ©

ST: Ngo Baheng

ST: Armstrong

Shane Ferguson was in great form, I'd started playing him on the right wing and he was just cutting inside and smacking shots top corner but he broke his leg and I sent him back to Newcastle :(

Anyone know the best role to use Haris Vuckic in? I've got him on loan but I don't really play with an attacking midfielder, I'll usually pull Graeme Armstrong off and use Vuckic as a trequartista for the last 20 minutes or so. Is there a better role to use him in?

(

In league two i am playing him as a Trequartista in a three man attack and hes is doing really well he has 13 goals and 18 assists from 29 games. I played him as a attacking midfielder for about 10 games though so he could of got more goals if he played up front in them games.

I have dropped my ball winner into a DMC as a Anchor Man and so far it has seen me keep more clean sheets. ( only tried for about 7 games )

10 games to go now in league two and i am still top although the chasing pack are catching up and Wycombe who are in second are only 5 points behind me now.

In league two i am playing him as a Trequartista in a three man attack and hes is doing really well he has 13 goals and 18 assists from 29 games. I played him as a attacking midfielder for about 10 games though so he could of got more goals if he played up front in them games.

Armstrong and Ngo Baheng are both pretty undroppable at the moment so Vuckic will just have to be a sub for the time being, I'll try using him as a trequartista up front rather than an attacking midfielder though.

Well done Col.

I've just beaten the leaders Man City 2-1 at home to solidify my position in 3rd. I'm starting to get quite excited about this team though I'm worried that some of the big boys are starting to sniff around Conti, my star trequartista. Anyone else and I wouldn't mind so much since they'd be relatively replaceable and I'd get some phat transfer funds but Conti, I feel we have a kind of father son relationship. Where the father is a little too posessive and locks him in his room only letting him out at meal times.

So sitting 3rd, on 44 points from 22 games, scored 51 goals, conceded 31. I've won 6 games on the trot and I'm staring down the leaders Chelsea who I'm playing next at Stamford Bridge. It could be a crucial game in deciding if I'm going to be really challenging for the title or if, as I expect, I'll settle into an also ran position, finishing 3rd or 4th. Top 6 would be a triumph really but now I'm getting greedy.

So sitting 3rd, on 44 points from 22 games, scored 51 goals, conceded 31. I've won 6 games on the trot and I'm staring down the leaders Chelsea who I'm playing next at Stamford Bridge. It could be a crucial game in deciding if I'm going to be really challenging for the title or if, as I expect, I'll settle into an also ran position, finishing 3rd or 4th. Top 6 would be a triumph really but now I'm getting greedy.

Try using a Anchor Man in a 4-1-2-3 for extra protection for your defence and that should see you keeping more clean sheets. As like me scoring goals in not a problem for you.

I daren't change anything at the minute since I'm flying so but once I start to falter I'll look again.

This is only my second season. I still don't think I'm going to win it mind, I've been lucky with injuries this season but I can see a couple of bad ones eyeing me up. Plus Leeds have just bid for Conti and he wants to discuss terms with them. I turned them down and he's now unhappy. He's actually been hopeless int eh last two games. He was shocking against Chelsea, rated 5.9. I gave him the angry teamtalk despite us winning so well.

League Two end of season review.

I won the league with a 109 points but we scored a very impressive 127 goals.

In the League Cup i got beat in the second round by Aston Villa away 2-0

In the FA Cup in got beat in the first round by Leyton Orient away 1-0 in a game where we just couldn't score even though we were the better side against league one opposition.

In the Johnstone's Paint Trophy in got beat in the North semi final by Oldham Athletic 1-0 away again in a game i dominated but couldn't score a goal.

As you can see we were unlucky in the cups and getting drawn away every game didn't help us to much.

The best players this season were.

Haris Vuckic

Ryan Donaldson

Abdou Dieye

Ciro Immobile

Wolfgang Schober

Patrick Van Aanholt

Oliver Bonnes

30kdt6v.jpg

2yoprps.jpg

Impressive Col.

Just went out of the League Cup at the semi-final stage after playing a weakened team against Arsenal. Was pretty much smashed home & away as I half expected. Didn't want to win that lousy cup anyway.

Now playing the same weakened team away to Hull in the FA Cup 4th round. Might well lose again. Not really bothered. The league is where it's at.

Roll on teh end of the transfer window so I can relax about my star players, Man U are now sniffing around Neymar.

I refuse to sell any first teamers in January, I don't care how unhappy they are. The only way they'll go is if they're sold over my head and should that occur I'll be most unhappy.

I've sold a backup right back, probably my best right back Docente but I've just younger models with more potential who are almost as good. Got about 5 million for him so I'm happy with that. My talented but completely redundant young left winger Hanuka might well be going, I bought him for only £120k and I'm getting big offers from lots of clubs so it might be worth selling.

I refuse to sell any first teamers in January, I don't care how unhappy they are. The only way they'll go is if they're sold over my head and should that occur I'll be most unhappy.

Don't tempt fate. You know what will happen now don't you your star players will be sold by the chairman.

I have signed Fabian Brandy on a pre contract i can't believe he has been a free agent for a year i tried to sign him last year but he kept turning me down.

I have also added Gary Bailey as a Goalkeeper coach for £1000 compensation.

I have signed Fabian Brandy on a pre contract i can't believe he has been a free agent for a year i tried to sign him last year but he kept turning me down.

I have also added Gary Bailey as a Goalkeeper coach for £1000 compensation.

Brandy scored 4 hattricks in 4 matches for me on my career save at Clyde, played him as an advanced forward.

Sold Hanuka to Zaragoza for £15 million. Why they paid that much I don't know, he'll be worth it if SI can get the winger situation sorted in the forthcoming patch but for now I'm quids in.

Happily the transfer window is now closed and Conti seems happy enough, I'm sitting in 2nd place a point behind Chelsea. Multiple players are demanding new contracts and I'm pondering whether to let them sweat it till the end of the season or to give them my love immediately. They deserve it no doubt but can my finances take it?

Archived