FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

I'm sitting 2nd after 27 games, 3 points behind Man City with a game in hand. I have a better goal difference so it's looking good. Or it would be if I didn't have a nightmare run of games from now till the end of the season.

Arsenal, Villa away. Newcastle, Man U home, Liverpool, Spurs away.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a couple of disappointing draws may have scuppered my title challenge.

Away to Arsenal a draw might not seem a bad result, but Fabregas was sent off inside the first 10 minutes.

Home to Newcastle, we just played poorly and missed the few chances we had.

I'm still only 4 points behind the leaders Man City but my game in hand has evaporated. I just have to hope my form improves and the leaders falter.

Strange we were flying last night when I switched off, today we're struggling to score goals.

I have had a couple of good results in my friendlies beating Celtic 3-2, Newcastle 2-0 and the Smoggies 3-0 at home.

I am pleased with the loans i have been able to bring in this season despite not being able to sign Donaldson, Immobile, De Laet.

Here is my squad for League One.

28l7sja.jpg

After a dismal run of form of only 1 win in 5, including 2 poor away defeats, to Fulham and Liverpool, I'm pretty much out of the title race. Played 32 games and I'm 11 points behind the leaders Man City and my present form doesn't suggest I'll put a dent in that gap, more likely I'll be caught up by Chelsea and Liverpool behind me.

Before I switched off last night I'd won 7 league games in a row.

Today I've won 1 in 5.

Either my players are bottling it or I'm doing something wrong today.

Don't know many of those loan signings Col, besides the ones I mentioned from last season. Hopefully they'll work for you. I'm sure you've done your scouting properly.

The majority of them are youth team players from the top clubs in Italy, France, Holland, Scotland, Brazil.

I am very happy with the signings of Vincent Acapandie, Lorenzo Crisetig from Auxerre and Inter.

End of season report:

We finished 2nd in the Premier League, 6 points behind Man City. I'm happy with that. I just managed to hold off Chelsea by 1 point following a great 3-2 win away to Spurs on the final day. Final points total was 75. Won 23. Drawn 6. Lost 9. For 88. Ag 54. GD +34.

As I said earlier my forwards were brilliant this season Conti finished with 25 goals, joint top scorer in the league. He also weighed in with 12 assists. Mouche got 22 goals and 20 assists. Neymar 16 goals and 13 assists. Nobody else reached double figures in goals but Stojanovic got 11 assists and Gubbels got 7.

I only realised after half a dozen games today that I'd left Conti on target man support instead of trequartista. This was the role my reserve team striker played. I wonder if that explains my poor goal scoring form at that time.

So roll on next season, I fear I'll have to sell a few of my stars but we'll see. Conti is my best player but I want to hold onto my 2 CM wonderkids, my young goalkeeper and pretty much all my very promising youngsters. Anyone over 27 can go if the price is right. Verkhovtsev, Ruffier and Mouche. I'll be reluctant to get rid of the former and latter though.

So far 2nd in League 2 after 15 games with 30 points W9 D3 L3, currently 6 points behind recently relegated MK Dons. Immobile has been brilliant for me, as has Tremolada and Valpoort. I largely in this great position thanks to my loan signings from Italy, but unfortunately I've drawn Tranmere in the 1st round of the FA Cup, so not an easy tie.

End of season report:

We finished 2nd in the Premier League, 6 points behind Man City. I'm happy with that. I just managed to hold off Chelsea by 1 point following a great 3-2 win away to Spurs on the final day. Final points total was 75. Won 23. Drawn 6. Lost 9. For 88. Ag 54. GD +34.

Well done Paul Champions league football for you next season. You should be able to bring in better players as well so next year you could be champions.

Nice one Scott, keep it up.

I'm just busy rebuilding my squad for another assault on the Premier League. After finishing 2nd I was given another £30 million or so to spend on transfers and follwing an examination of my team I've decided on these changes, so far:

Out

Verkhovtsev to Spurs for £10.5M

Ruffier to Wolves for £6M

Maurice Francois to St-Etienee for £5.75M

In

Mathias Jorgensen DC from Kobenhavn for £6.75M

Mats Hummels DC from Dortmund for £9.25M (probably paid over the odds on reflection)

Dilos Cobas D/WBR from Betis for £7M (looks amazing)

Per Ciljan Skelbred MC from CSKA Moscow for £10.75M (more experience in midfield)

Cor Pankert GK from Lyon for £6.25M

Emmanuel Fomen DRL/WBR from ABC for £1.4M (young backup)

Jow Mattock D/WBL from Dortmund on a free (should make the LB position his own)

I'm pleased so far with my dealings, I still need to sell a few to balance the books. Luke Rae at RB, one of my midfielders, maybe a centre half. I'll be having another look at my youngsters and ship out and replace the ones that haven't developed well enough.

Well done Paul Champions league football for you next season. You should be able to bring in better players as well so next year you could be champions.

Thanks col, as you can see I'm in the process of doing just that. I'll probably finish lower this season!

What's the rule on HG players in the Champions League squad? I haven't got too many.

Thanks col, as you can see I'm in the process of doing just that. I'll probably finish lower this season!

What's the rule on HG players in the Champions League squad? I haven't got too many.

I might be wrong but I thinks it's

4 Home grown at club

8 Home grown at nation

I am now being called the tinkerman by the press for keep on changing my formations lol :p. I am now playing a 4-2-2-2 with the advanced wingers (inside forwards).

After 12 games i am 3rd with 10 wins and 2 draws i have two games inhand on first and second and i am two points behind them.

I'm just busy rebuilding my squad for another assault on the Premier League. After finishing 2nd I was given another £30 million or so to spend on transfers and follwing an examination of my team I've decided on these changes, so far:

Out

Verkhovtsev to Spurs for £10.5M

In

Mathias Jorgensen DC from Kobenhavn for £6.75M

Mats Hummels DC from Dortmund for £9.25M (probably paid over the odds on reflection)

Dilos Cobas D/WBR from Betis for £7M (looks amazing)

Per Ciljan Skelbred MC from CSKA Moscow for £10.75M (more experience in midfield)

Jow Mattock D/WBL from Dortmund on a free (should make the LB position his own)

I am very surprised you sold Verkhovtsev he is a quality CB . I see though that you have brung in another two quality CB to replace Verkhovtsev with Mats Hummels another one of my favourite players to buy.

Is Dilos Cobas a regen as he is not on my game ?.

Per Ciljan Skelbred is a class act and always delevops into a world class midfielder on my games.

Joe Mattock is also a very good left back and is normally a England starter when Ashley Cole retires.

Yeah I didn't want to sell Verkhovtsev but £10M for a 28 year old centre half was too good for me to turn down especially when I knew I could get players of comparible quality for less. I've had Hummels before in a Premier League winning side.

Yeah Cobas is a regen, I had to offer him much more than he asked for to stave off interest from Lyon and Zenit. He looks amazing already at 21. He's got over 15 for almost all the full back/ wing back attributes. 19 anticipation, 17 concentration, 19 decisions.

You think I can play Skjelbred as one of my support CMs?

What do you do when the in game Ass Man feedback tactics says stuff like "player X acts as if he is used to playing at a higher tempo than asked to today" or "is used to closing down opponents more often than...", it often happens with my full backs but sometimes my defensive midfielder.

Do you just ignore it or do you change the player's or the team's settings? I usually just ignore it and just check the player's performance rating at half-time.

There like buses you don't get any then they all come at once bloody Oliver Bonnes, Darren Cole, Fabien Brandy and Delle are out for 1-2 months now :mad:.

So i expect to lose my unbeaten tag now with the majority of my team ravaged by injuries.

Injuries are the major reason you need a big squad but sadly with Gateshead you can only really afford maybe 14 or 15 top quality players, I mean potential first teamers. The rest have to be youngsters who can't really come in to replace your first teamers for more than a couple of games at a time.

So if you get a couple of bad injuries in the same position you're in a real mess. I mave great cover in centre midfield, good cover in central defense, so so cover at full back and insufficient cover up front. I have two young and promising strikers but I'd hate to rely on either of them for more than a couple of games. I should really buy another top class striker, but if I don't get injuries he'll never play so I'm reluctant to fork out.

Nice one,

I've had a good start to the season. Won the first two games, home to champions Man City 2-1 and then home to Newcastle 2-0.

I substituted Mattock and Skjelbred off at half time against Man City, they played rubbish but they were much better against Newcastle. Cobas was MoM.

No I don't really look at the micro-management options, I'll monitor it and change it if it becomes a problem.

I never really tinker with the advanced options, I have done in the past but usually it was when I was tearing my hair out wondering why my team were getting beat off massively inferior teams in previous iterations.

I should look at it again really, give myself a more hands on tactical approach. Maybe it makes more difference now than it used to appear to.

I've just given my 2 midfield wonderkids new contracts, they got quite a boost. From around about £10 grand a week they're now on over £40 grand. Greedy gets.

Can't say they don't deserve it though, they've both been great. I'm amazed Conti hasn't been knocking down my door for his own taste of the honey to be honest.

Liverpool have just offer me the managers job with a £20.5m transfer budget.

But whenever i apply for vacant international jobs they always get turned down and i have applied for poor footballing nations like Oman, Afghanistan, Palestine, The Congo, Mauritius etc.

Just beat Everton 5-1 away. Fellaini was sent off after 56 minutes for two yellows. We're flying at the minute though. We were winning 2-0 when he got his marching orders. Conti had a stinker, I substituted him after 70mins or so and made Neymar the trequartista. We ended up winning 5-1 and he scored 2 and made the other. I now think we could maybe survive a Conti injury.

Neymar-vellous!

That was actually an in-game headline after Neymar's hattrick against Villa.

I thought it was hilarious anyway.

Top of the Premier League after 5 games. Scored 18 goals so far. Conceded 4. Still flying. Neymar has 7 goals and Mouche 5 in 5 games. Mouche has 6 assists. Couldn't be going better.

I have just been offered the Napoli job, and I'm finding it hard to resist taking it, so what I have done is created two alternate saves, one where I have accepted it and one where I have stayed on at Gateshead. I'm going to carry on as Gateshead and maybe when I get bored of this save I'll go to the Napoli, but hopefully that is a long time coming.

Just finished the 2014/15 season and finished 3rd in the Prem. Pretty bored of it now. Got no money following a takeover from a director, so I can't improve on my team very much, my team is thin since I got rid of the deadwood, expecting a bit of money to come in. Have rejected job offers from Sampdoria and Chelsea, although I kind of wish i had taken one of them. Contemplating starting a new game now.

Archived