FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

Thanks guys, well I finally have a new stadium. State of the art thing it is, with a 29370 capacity. Who knows if we'll fill it to capacity, if we continue our success undoubtedly but will we? Will I even be here to see it?

Well done JonnyG and uglyklownboy, JonnyG you're bang in the situation I was a few years ago (in FM terms), uglyklownboy you'll be heading the Premier League in no time I'll wager. Never had Tafer mind you, never even heard of him in fact. Sounds good though.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's get boring when you have assembled a world class squad and win most games and trophies easily.

So thats why i will start a new game with Gateshead in the Blue Square Premier and rise through the divisions again.

It's a much better feeling winning games when your the underdog and nobody gives you a chance at winning most games.

GATESHEAD START OF FIRST SEASON REVIEW

I have started a new Gateshead save on patch 10.3 and the first thing to do is get a feeder club and my choice is always Newcastle United.

Here are my transfers and squad for the Blue Square Premier campaign we signed nearly all the same players with a few exceptions the most notable is Djuric Winklaar who i normally sign but he chose to go to WKE a team in Holland and also Luis Marin Camacho who can't get a work permit on patch 10.3.

I am still finding it hard to sell players and so far i could only sell two players and release one player James Sinclair who had his contract at N/A. I also sent the three loan players that start at Gateshead back to there clubs so i did't have to pay there wages.

I was surprised when Newcastle said they where sending Haris Vuckic on loan to Gateshead as in the other games he would not come.

gatesheadsquadstartoffi.jpg

gatesheadtransfersstart.jpg

vuckicloantogatesheadfi.jpg

I am in October and and i have just signed Wesley Ngo Baheng, Frank Danquah, Shane Ferguson on 3 month loan deals as i have a massive injury crisis going on.

In the January transfer window i will try to make these into loan deals until the end of the season.

I play with a targetman and a poacher with a trequartista in AMC role and it's working very well. Willy Topp is my poacher and bangs them in for fun and Willy Robert is my targetman when fit and Haris Vuckic is the trequartista. I use Baheng as back up for Robert and Charles Roger as back up for Topp and Danquah is back up for Vuckic.

After 16 league games we are top of the league with 41 points 13 wins, 2 draws, 1 lost, for 42, ag 15, gd +27.

Ngo Baheng is now Gateshead's all time top scorer on my game, I've played him as a target man alternating between attack and support. Usually alongside a poacher.

Shane Ferguson is fantastic on the left but Wayne Phillips played so well at times I had to put Ferguson on the right and he'd just cut inside and bang goals in from about 30 yards.

Wayne Phillips is now the only original Gateshead player still in my squad after Kris Gate, Jamie Harwood, Phil Cave and Craig Baxter all left.

You have kept these players in league one ? How are they doing for you as i didn't think they would do anything outside of the Blue Square Premier.

After beating League Two side Macclesfield 3-0 in the FA cup second round we got Liverpool away in the third round so even though we will get hammered it should be a nice money spinner for the club.

So, is that the main improvement of 10.3 over 10.2 then, proper wing play? Anything else significant you've noticed?

Yeah the wingers work a lot better.

They also fixed the CCC bug from playing narrow formations.

But the ME is a lot smoother as well and looks better.

In the january transfer window i got rid of a lot of the dead wood and some of the players i had signed at the start of the season that couldn't get into the side and were unhappy.

I also sold Willy Robert and Hamed Sacko after both of them turned out to be big time charlies and wanted to move to a bigger side so i sold them as i don't want any unappy players destroying the tam morale.

Baheng, Danquah wouldn't sign for me on loan again but Ferguson did and we also signed Michael McCrudden on loan from Newcastle as back up.

TRANSFERS IN THE SECOND TRANSFER WINDOW IN THE FIRST SEASON

gatesheadtransfers2ndwi.jpg

ML: Winger, Attack.

Thats how i play my wingers and it's great watching him beat the full back and whipping in a cross.

I am so pleased SI fixed the wingers as i got very bored of playing a narrow 4-3-3.

We are coming towards the end of the season and after 41 games in the BSP we sit top of the league with 92 points 13 ahead of 2nd placed Cambridge United with 5 games to go.

We also have the FA Trophy final at the end of the season where we will play York City at Wembley Stadium.

Halfway through the season we changed from a 4-4-2 wide diamond to a basic 4-4-2 formation and it has produced better results and better football to watch.

GATESHEAD FIRST SEASON REVIEW

Gateshead do the double of BSP and FA Trophy in the first season.

In the BSP Gateshead finished the season with 101 points after 46 games.

In the FA Trophy final Gateshead beat York City 3-0 at Wembley Stadium to lift the Trophy for the first time in there history to send the fans home very happy.

Gateshead also got to the third round of the FA Cup losing to Liverpool at Anfield 3-0.

The star performers this season were:

Willy Topp with 43 goals in 55 games.

Cedric Fraumens with 12 goals in 45 games for a CB.

Haris Vuckic with 19 goals and 16 assists in 36 games.

Lloyd Kammeron with 2 goals and 19 assists in 30 games.

Patrick Vaz with 4 goals and 15 assists in 28 games.

gatesheadsquadendoffirs.jpg

gatesheadleaguetablefir.jpg

gatesheadfatrophyfixtue.jpg

League Two will be a lot harder this time around as the good youngsters that i used to sign have no intention to join Gateshead on loan even though they are interested in the player search :confused:.

So the likes of Abdou Dieye, Richie De Laet, Ciro Immobile, Julien Berthomier, Fran Merida etc will not come but i have managed to sign Haris Vuckic, Ryan Donaldson, Leon Best from Newcastle United.

Mmm, that doesn't auger well for when I finally start a new Gateshead save in 10.3. You seem to have won the BSP fairly handsomely though, at a canter even? Plus the FA Trophy. I did the same in this save, pipped you with 103 points though, heh.

Willy Topp sounds like an absolute goal machine, and with playing 55 games he's clearly not prone to injury. I'll have to make a beeline for him, never had him before. You made some nice loan signings from Newcastle for League 2, they should be excellent at that level.

I'm sure you'll storm League 2 as well!

Willy Topp sounds like an absolute goal machine, and with playing 55 games he's clearly not prone to injury. I'll have to make a beeline for him, never had him before. You made some nice loan signings from Newcastle for League 2, they should be excellent at that level.

Willy Topp was brilliant for me in the BSP and is doing well in the 4 games i have played this season with 3 goals.

It looks like its Scotland is the place to go for loan signings on Patch 10.3 as i have signed 9 players on loan from north of the border.

TRANSFERS IN FIRST WINDOW SECOND SEASON

This is the transfers i made in the first transfer window in season two. I think with these signings i should have no problem getting promoted to league one.

gatesheadtransfers1stwi.jpg

JonnyG: Don't give up on automatic promotion yet! You can do it!

col: Yeah you should be too strong with those signings.

Well I've deleted my old save game so there's no going back. I've started a new 10.3 game with the 'heed, just sorting out my squad now, I've noticed on trying to sign Topp that he wasn't interested so I've offered him my max in wages. Hopefully he'll come.

It's a long process sifting through players at the start of a Gateshead save and I'm away for the weekend so I doubt I'll make much progress. I've tried signing a couple of your stand-outs col so I'll see how that goes.

Well I've deleted my old save game so there's no going back. I've started a new 10.3 game with the 'heed, just sorting out my squad now, I've noticed on trying to sign Topp that he wasn't interested so I've offered him my max in wages. Hopefully he'll come.

It's a long process sifting through players at the start of a Gateshead save and I'm away for the weekend so I doubt I'll make much progress. I've tried signing a couple of your stand-outs col so I'll see how that goes.

I think you will enjoy Patch 10.3 it's much better than Patch 10.2 IMO.

Yeah that's what i did with Topp just offer him the most you can. He came on my save so i don't see any reason why he won't go to you.

I am going to Peterborough on Saturday so i will only be on FM today and maybe in the afternoon on Sunday.

Good luck for that one. I'll be listening in on Radio Newcastle.

Well Willy rejected my Topp offer so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a goalscorer. I've got my eye on a couple of potential crackers mind, bet I'm gazumped by a League 2 side at the eleventh hour.

Patrick Vaz has signed.

Good luck for that one. I'll be listening in on Radio Newcastle.

Well Willy rejected my Topp offer so I guess I'll have to look elsewhere for a goalscorer. I've got my eye on a couple of potential crackers mind, bet I'm gazumped by a League 2 side at the eleventh hour.

Patrick Vaz has signed.

Keep trying to sign Topp. It looks like he's taking to league two like a duck to water.

Vaz will do a sterling job on the left wing or as a playmaker in the middle of the park.

Lloyd Kammeron would be a great signing he is king of the set pieces in the lower leagues.

Not much more I can do to get Topp I've offered him the most I can, I'll try again later.

Dear god I've signed a shed load of freebies though. Virtually a whole team worth.

In goal I've got Dennis de Koning.

Right back Patricio Bustamante.

Left back, nobody, need someone as Mark Robinson doesn't look up to a title winning side to me.

Centre halves, Adam Maurer & Abdou Sail.

Right Wing, Luciano Mazzina

Left Wing, Pat Vaz

Centre midfield, Fernando Aguir & Lloyd Kammeron!!!

Up front, Chris Megaloudis. I think Brian Wake could do a job in this league but I might need another striker.

I'm quite excited about this team already, never had any of them before but they certainly look better than what I had. Heard of any of them? Now I need to prune this squad and I've put lots on the transfer list. I've potentially got a few more coming in as well.

It's been a good start to League Two with 8 wins and 4 draws in the opening 12 games of the season. Gateshead sit at the top of the league with 28 points with Bournemouth in second on 25 points.

Topp has 8 goals and Best has 6 goals.

Not much more I can do to get Topp I've offered him the most I can, I'll try again later.

Dear god I've signed a shed load of freebies though. Virtually a whole team worth.

In goal I've got Dennis de Koning.

Right back Patricio Bustamante.

Left back, nobody, need someone as Mark Robinson doesn't look up to a title winning side to me.

Centre halves, Adam Maurer & Abdou Sail.

Right Wing, Luciano Mazzina

Left Wing, Pat Vaz

Centre midfield, Fernando Aguir & Lloyd Kammeron!!!

Up front, Chris Megaloudis. I think Brian Wake could do a job in this league but I might need another striker.

I'm quite excited about this team already, never had any of them before but they certainly look better than what I had. Heard of any of them? Now I need to prune this squad and I've put lots on the transfer list. I've potentially got a few more coming in as well.

Yeah i have heard of most them all good signings for the BSP.

Patricio Bustamante looks a class right back for the BSP brilliant find :thup:

For your left back problem try Didier Caro or Kevin Berby.

Johnathon Chaul or Yohan Guichard would do a better job on the right wing than Luciano Mazzina who lacks pace for a winger.

Hamed Sacko, Willy Robert are good strikers.

Buba and Ameth Gaye are class midfielders and both can also play at centre back as well.

I'll look into those thanks, I though Olukrede Alyegbusi was coming at left back but he (understandably) agreed terms with Preston at the death.

I have also got Ignacio Manassero who can play right wing, he's yet another Argentinian with an Italian passport and he can play centre midfield or wide right. My Ass Man loves them both, he gives Manassero 5 stars, Mazzina 4 and a half. I think they're better suited to playing wide midfield rather than as out and out wingers.

Well, you may all slate me here, but I hope not (A)!

Im looking to be Stevenage, same league as Gateshead obv, and what leagues do you lot recommend to upload? Obviously im looking to go straight up, just like some of you have :)

Any help would be great :D

Thanks

ITFC1

Well, you may all slate me here, but I hope not (A)!

Im looking to be Stevenage, same league as Gateshead obv, and what leagues do you lot recommend to upload? Obviously im looking to go straight up, just like some of you have :)

Any help would be great :D

Thanks

ITFC1

I load leagues EPL to BSS/BSN

Then i load all players from the world as you get some good players from countries like Reunion, Netherlands Antilles that will be stars in the lower leagues.

I'll look into those thanks, I though Olukrede Alyegbusi was coming at left back but he (understandably) agreed terms with Preston at the death.

I have also got Ignacio Manassero who can play right wing, he's yet another Argentinian with an Italian passport and he can play centre midfield or wide right. My Ass Man loves them both, he gives Manassero 5 stars, Mazzina 4 and a half. I think they're better suited to playing wide midfield rather than as out and out wingers.

The 4-4-2 with the advanced wingers works a treat on this patch so it might be in your interests to look for players that can AML,AMR.

I am using a large database with these countries :D

USA - MLS

ENGLAND - Blue Square North and South and above

FRANCE - CFA and above

GERMANY - Third divison and above

ITALY - Serie C2 and above

HOLLAND - Jupiler league and above

PORTUGAL - Second division and above

RUSSIA - First divison and above

SCOTLAND - Third divison and above

SPAIN - Second divison B and above

UKRAINE - First league and above

ARGENTINA - Second divison and above

BRAZIL - Third divison and above

I'm still using these leagues.

how do you do that :p?! load all players from the world :S?

Where it says database size small, medium, large, custom click on custom then load all players from Europe, Asia, South America, North America, Australia, Africa.

Then add leagues EPL to BSS/BSN

Archived