FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got Willy Topp, but only after he'd signed for Jumilla. I had to pay compensation! Hope he's worth it.

I've also signed another Argentinian Italian Gaston Gamboa up front, plus John van Krimpen. Topp is going to have a battle to even make the starting line up (I hope).

For left back I've got Ardon de Waard & Stefano Wooding.

Signed Martijn Roosenburg for right wing, Johnathon Chaul isn't in my game and Yohan Guichard had already been snapped up.

Willy Robert isn't in my game either.

Gaston Gamboa, John van Krimpen, Ardon de Waard look good signings.

Trust me Willy Topp will walk into your side he's class. He has 15 goals in 16 games for me this seasonhe just keeps on getting better :D.

I tried to get Nile Ranger as well but he turned me down for Oldham.

What tactic did you play in the BSP? Classic 442?

Yeah for the majority of the season sometimes i played the 4-4-2 wide diamond.

This season i am using the 4-4-2 with advanced wingers. One i downloaded which i don't normally do but so far i am unbeaten in 15 league games. But i got hammered 5-1 in the League Cup by PNE.

I'm running 127000 players with 27 leagues loaded fancy loading everyone but game says recomended players loaded is 125000

Mine only recommended 75000 players but still runs smoothly with the 281000 players i have loaded :D

It's going well so far, all of two games in and I've won them both handsomely.

3-0 Histon, Megaloudis brace, one for LuaLua.

2-0 away to Luton, heavy underdogs of course, LuaLua pen and another for Megaloudis.

At this point Willy Topp isn't even in the squad (due to the 4 home grown players rule) and I'm playing 442 diamond with Vuckic at the tip. Megaloudis & Van Krimpen up front, both target men attack. LuaLua right mid, Vaz left. Aguair as DMC. It's going pretty well.

I forgot about the home grown rule to be honest, I would have signed more British based players but as it is my bench is pretty weak due to this oversight.

Conceded my first goal on the way to winning 2-1 at Crawley. 4 wins out of 4. Still not top though, that'd be Cambridge with 5 in 5. Long way to go still. Take each match as it comes. It's a man's game, etc, etc.

You will walk the BSP with the squad you assembled :).

I have started to delevop a 4-5-1 formation as using a downloaded tactic felt wrong and even though i was winning most games with it i don't think i was enjoying it as much as winning with my own tactic. I used the downloaded tactic for about 10 League two games.

I sit top of League Two with 74 points after 30 games and 16 points ahead of Bradford in 2nd.

The second transfer window has now closed and i signed 4 players and got rid of 8.

gatesheadtransfers2ndwi.jpg

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON REVIEW IN SEASON TWO

Gateshead win League Two with 111 points and finished 13 points clear of Bradford City in second place.

In the cups Gateshead got to the semi final north of the Johnstone Paints Trophy losing to League One side Walsall. In the FA Cup Gateshead got to the 4th round losing to 2-0 at Turf Moor to Burnley.

The Star players this season were.

Will Topp with 32 goals in and 18 assits in 52 starts.

Leon Best with 17 goals and 13 assists in 34 starts.

Gregg Wylde with 16 goals and 22 assists in 46 starts.

Dylan McGowan with 10 goals from 26 starts and a solid centre back but he was to injury prone.

gatesheadsquadendofseco.jpg

gatesheadleaguetablesec.jpg

Charlton and Preston are doing my head in every player i put a bid in for they put a bid in a day later and with them being bigger teams the player goes to them :(

So far Ryan Donaldson (free), Andy Carroll (on loan), Kazenga Lua Lua(free), Chris Smalling (on loan) and a few others have went there and not Gateshead.

GATESHEAD TRANSFERS IN THE FIRST TRANSFER WINDOW IN THE THIRD SEASON

Yet again the foreign stars that i signed in previous saves on the older patches wouldn't sign on loan even though they were interested in the player search.

Gateshead also missed out on a lot of there first choice transfers this season as the bigger clubs came in for them so as a result this will be a very tough season and one which i am not confident of getting a third straight promotion. Some players i had on loan last season chose to go to different sides as well so i think we are a weaker side this season compared to last season.

gatesheadtransfers1stwi.jpg

Nice going col, I think those last minute signings could be crucial. I just put a cheeky last minute loan bid in for Nicky Butt, who I'd noticed had been relegated to the reserves (not before time I might add). He turned us down of course.

We're currently 7 points clear at the top with a game in hand having played 19. We won our first 11 games straight and since then our form has been a lot more patchy, but still pretty good. We've won 15, drawn 3 and lost 1. I think complacency hit after 11 wins in a row, we stopped working as a team. I've just started to introduce Willy Topp into my squad and he seems a rare poacher, I gave him his debut start in the FA cup and he scored a first half hat-trick against Ebbsfleet. Next game I started him and he had such a stinker I substituted him at half-time. Not sure what to make of him still, he's benched for the moment.

Van Krimpen has scored 13 in 18 starts, Megaloudis 8, LuaLua 7, Vuckic 6, Gamboa 4. My present first choice line up is 442 diamond with Vuckic as an advanced playmaker with Krimpen as an attacking Target Man and Gamboa as a poacher/ advanced forward. At right wing LuaLua is a solid first teamer but I've been a bit disappointed with Vaz, I'm now rotating him with a January free signing Ernandes who seems to be doing a better job. Vaz only has 2 assists in 18 starts, not good enough for an attacking winger.

I'm still not convinced the wingers are working great to be honest, we don't seem to put in the amount of crosses I'd hoped especially when I was playing a front 2 of target men. We still create most of our goals throught the middle or certainly not with crosses whipped in from the touch line. Maybe it's my tactics. I'm playing my wide men as attacking wingers what more can I do?

I am currently 2nd in League Two after 19 games and 1 point behind Oldham with a game inhand. I didn't think my team had it in them to do this well.

I am playing a flat 4-4-2 as i couldn't get the 4-4-2 wide diamond working vey good. We have the two wingers on attack duty with one ball winner on defend duty and the other as a deep lying playmaker on support duty. The front two are a poacher and a advanced forward. The back four consists of two full backs on defend and the two centre backs on defend duty.

We are playing a attacking and direct style of football as my two wingers are speed demons so they destroy teams with there pace and deliver crosses or through balls.

I have just been offered the Liverpool job which i turned down.

Willy topp is a legend on this game as a poacher so your strikers keeping him out of the team must be bloody good.

I'm still not convinced the wingers are working great to be honest, we don't seem to put in the amount of crosses I'd hoped especially when I was playing a front 2 of target men. We still create most of our goals throught the middle or certainly not with crosses whipped in from the touch line. Maybe it's my tactics. I'm playing my wide men as attacking wingers what more can I do?

Try playing with a targetman and a poacher so the winger crosses the ball to the targetman who either goes for goal or flicks it on to the poacher.

Two targetmen must be pretty easy to mark as there is no movement so the wingers crosses are being defended easily.

12 points clear with 2 games in hand, it's looking good at the minute 22 played. GD of +41, Rushden in second have +10. Looking like a formaility if I'm honest, and don't mind tempting fate. Which I do. It'd take more than a blip to derail our title bid I feel. Up the 'heed.

I am playing a flat 4-4-2 as i couldn't get the 4-4-2 wide diamond working vey good. We have the two wingers on attack duty with one ball winner on defend duty and the other as a deep lying playmaker on support duty. The front two are a poacher and a advanced forward. The back four consists of two full backs on defend and the two centre backs on defend duty.

Willy topp is a legend on this game as a poacher so your strikers keeping him out of the team must be bloody good.

I'm playing diamond with a defensive midfielder and an advanced playmaker in Vuckic, he's doing really well for me. Topp is getting more first team action now, he's fighting for a first team slot with Gaston Gamoa. Topp is a better finisher 13-11, but Gamoa seems to have a better all round game. So I think he contributes to the team better, can play advanced forward as well as poacher.

I actually think our two best forwards are both best suited to taget man play, but playing two target men together isn't ideal so I'm splitting them up. Just lost 2-1 at home to Charlton in the FA Cup, no disgrace really, they're fighting for promotion to the Championship. We gave them a really good game.

I'm playing diamond with a defensive midfielder and an advanced playmaker in Vuckic, he's doing really well for me. Topp is getting more first team action now, he's fighting for a first team slot with Gaston Gamoa. Topp is a better finisher 13-11, but Gamoa seems to have a better all round game. So I think he contributes to the team better, can play advanced forward as well as poacher.

I actually think our two best forwards are both best suited to taget man play, but playing two target men together isn't ideal so I'm splitting them up. Just lost 2-1 at home to Charlton in the FA Cup, no disgrace really, they're fighting for promotion to the Championship. We gave them a really good game.

For some reason the 4-4-2 wide diamond just doesn't work for me on this patch so i am playing 4-4-2 but the last few games i have changed the deep lying playmaker to a advanced playmaker and i am now searching for a targetman in the January transfer window instead of the advanced forward.

Unlucky with the Charlton game mate. I have just been knocked out of the FA Cup in the third round at the Hawthorns losing 3-2 to WBA after being 3-0 down at half time. I really give a mid table EPL side a serious fright in that second half though we were all over them and they resorted to playing a 5-4-1 formation in the last 20 mins.

Yeah I switched to Bubba's teamtalks for this save and I am using the teamtalk panel, I was using Wolfsong's teamtalks which worked brilliantly at first but then not so well when I got into the Premiership. I'm still not sure about saying well done to a player with a rating of 6.1, just because it says he played ok. Plus my players are usually reported as didn't seem to be listening which doesn't inspire confidence. Well the results are good anyway.

Wow, Zezinho's going to be way too good for League One.

Some more shock signings for Gateshead as transfer listed Mike Williamson comes on loan from Newcastle United and transfer listed veteran striker Steven Thompson comes on loan from Burnley.

I'm still not sure about saying well done to a player with a rating of 6.1, just because it says he played ok. Plus my players are usually reported as didn't seem to be listening which doesn't inspire confidence.

Yeah i can't get my head around that either but it's working for me so i will continue using them until it doesn't work.

Do matter what team talk i give the players 90% of the time don't seem to be listening to me. Maybe i should try throwing some tea cups at them Alex Ferguson style :D

I am going to give the 4-4-2 wide diamond one last try as the players i have are more suited to it than the flat 4-4-2.

I have loads of natural DMC's and AMC's that i am playing in MC which they are only accomplished in so in theory they should play better in a natural position.

TRANSFERS IN THE SECOND TRANSFER WINDOW IN THE THIRD SEASON

In this transfer window i signed eight players and some big name players for League One such as Oliver Kapo, Mike Williamson, Victor Anichebe.

I got rid of nine players that were surplus to requirements.

2vru4cg.jpg

GATESHEAD END OF THIRD SEASON REVIEW

Gateshead win League One but it was very close with Scunthorpe United finishing only two points behind us.

Leon Best and Willy Topp where the two best forwards this year and i was very dissapointed with Abdou Dieye performances this season.

rstti1.jpg

21015ba.jpg

How can i take Gateshead to the Championship in three seasons as champions in each season and only be in the favoured personnel ?

How tight are the Gateshead board for the new Championship campaign they have given me the massive transfer budget of £160k :( How am i suppose to survive the Championship with that pathetic budget.

They've clearly looked at your past achievements and view you as some sort of footballing genius who needs neither praise nor funding to get them successive promotions to the top flight.

To be fair you couldn't really blame them.

LMAO

Players just don't want to come to Gateshead on loan on this patch it's really frustrating. So in pre season the only loans i have made are Haris Vuckic and Leon Best again.

I am trying to offload some of the high earners to free up the wage budget as there is some decent frees available so the like of Pascal Chimbonda, Vincent Anichebe, Oliver Kapo will have to go and if i can't sell them i will have to offer them out on frees.

I have managed to sign Andy Carroll, Leroy Lita, Sylvain Distin, Habib Beye on frees so far but the likes of Joey Barton and Fabio Rochemback, Pavel Pogrebnyak and a few more big names are interested in signing on a free but want BIG BIG wages to come.

GATESHEAD TRANSFERS IN FIRST TRANSFER WINDOW IN THE FOURTH SEASON

It's going to be a VERY VERY tough season for Gateshead in the Championship. The players we have signed are really not good enough for this league with a few exceptions.

Players that have no club and no one interested in signing them like Scott Carson will not come for the maxium of £10k ( after putting all my transfer money in to wages) a week i can offer which is very annoying.

These are the players that will hopefully keep me in this division but i wouldn't put a bet on it.

xomzio.jpg

I have signed some quality unattached players outside the transfer window to bolster my squad.

Oriol Romeu

Achille Webo

Georg Krenn

Boubacar Mansaly

Ciro Immobile

Yago

With these signings i think i will be able to secure Championship football for next season.

After 18 games in the Championship we sit in 7th place and 10 points behind leaders Birmingham City.

We are scoring goals for fun but also leaking goals for fun we have scored 44 goals but let in 34 goals after 18 games so we need major changes with the defence in the transfer market.

Some of the games have been really entertaining with 5-4 and 5-3 wins and 4-4 draw and even a 4-1 loss.

I have just had a quick look at some of the unattached players and somehow Rene Adler has not been signed which i find very strange. He has no interest in signing for Gateshead though :(.

I have also had a look at the reputation of the club and it's still only regional (for a Championship club :eek: ) so that might have something to do with the foreigners or top club youngsters not wanting to sign on loan.

You're doing well col, 7th is decent with your squad and with January to come you'll have a good chance to push up the table. I'm sure I'll have the same problems as you signing players when I get to share your rarefied air...

We're still in the trenches of the BSP, sitting top still after 26 games. 15 points clear of 2nd with a +51 GD. We've lost 2 and drawn 3. It would be a travesty if we finished outside the top 1 with the squad I've assembled. I'm not exaggerating when I say I don't believe I've had a more dominant squad for the level than I have now, despite losing twice already. Especially up front I have the proverbial large number of excellent options. I think any one of my 5 main strikers would be too good for this league, LuaLua is dominant, Vuckic is similarly so and at the back, well we've conceded 13 in 26 so we've not bad at all. Overall I feel I had faith that this squad will see me comfortable champions and if it doesn't the blame will lie at my door, the players have shown how good they are to this point, it's up to me to make sure they don't blow it.

Back in the saddle after another short period away from the game...

You're doing well col, 7th is decent with your squad and with January to come you'll have a good chance to push up the table. I'm sure I'll have the same problems as you signing players when I get to share your rarefied air...

We're still in the trenches of the BSP, sitting top still after 26 games. 15 points clear of 2nd with a +51 GD. We've lost 2 and drawn 3. It would be a travesty if we finished outside the top 1 with the squad I've assembled. I'm not exaggerating when I say I don't believe I've had a more dominant squad for the level than I have now, despite losing twice already. Especially up front I have the proverbial large number of excellent options. I think any one of my 5 main strikers would be too good for this league, LuaLua is dominant, Vuckic is similarly so and at the back, well we've conceded 13 in 26 so we've not bad at all. Overall I feel I had faith that this squad will see me comfortable champions and if it doesn't the blame will lie at my door, the players have shown how good they are to this point, it's up to me to make sure they don't blow it.

Back in the saddle after another short period away from the game...

After a great run of form we are 2nd and 1 point behind leaders Birmingham City but i don't know how we are doing it as the squad is nowhere near as good as the top 8 teams in the Championship.

We also knocked EPL side Sunderland out of the FA cup 3rd round after a replay. We got Aston Villa in the 4th round which was a 1-1 draw at the International Stadium so we have another replay at Villa Park.

You should be playing league football in no time. Then you will struggle to get any players to come on loan with Newcastle players and players from Scotland being the exception.

Are you playing Willy Topp ? He has only played 1 game for me this season in a cup game and he scored but he now a club icon so i can't sell him.

Are you still playing a 4-4-2 wide diamond ?

What roles have you got your defenders playing as 13 goals conceded in 26 is bloody good and puts my defence to shame :o.

Archived