FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

9 of his goals are from corners and free kicks and one from the penalty spot he has 15 for penalty taking.

What role did you play van Krimpen ? i have tried him as a poacher and a targetman but i am still undecided where is plays his best football.

Topp is a Poacher and i have Vuckic playing as a attacking midfielder attack from AMC he has 9 goals and 7 assists from 21 games.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have changed Vuckic to a attacking midfielder with support duty and he is playing even better.

The poacher and targetman with support duty seems to be the best combination up front for me.

We got beat off League One leaders Brighton 3-2 after a replay in the FA cup second round.

It's just as well we have a big squad as we have 12 injuries :eek: including Topp and van Krimpen :(.

Missed the switch to a new page, again!

Erm I believe I played van Krimpen as a target man col, I think I had him on attack.

Heh, quite a few familiar names in that transfer list...I think it would take several Munich like air disasters to deny you the title and I don't believe that's been written into the code yet.

This season has been more of a test as i am going through all the philosophies.

This is my take on them so far

Very Rigid and Rigid - Brilliant defensively you don't conceed many but on the other hand you don't score a lot either and at times it seems like the forwards are starved of service.

Balanced - Thats the one i am testing now

Fluid and Very Fluid - Brilliant going forward you score lots of goals but also conceed lots of goals as it depends on all of your players interchanging positions.

So i suppose it's what you want as a manager are you a Pep Guardiola loves attacking football or a Jose Mourinho the more defensive.

Missed the switch to a new page, again!

Erm I believe I played van Krimpen as a target man col, I think I had him on attack.

Heh, quite a few familiar names in that transfer list...I think it would take several Munich like air disasters to deny you the title and I don't believe that's been written into the code yet.

What kind of striker did you play alongside him ?

We are top with 97 points only 3 points ahead of Mansfield with 4 games to go. We could of had more points but like i said i having beeen using this season as a test.

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON 1 REVIEW

We do the double of Blue Square Premier winners and FA Trophy winners.

We finished the Blue Square Premier campaign with a respectable 107 points.

In the FA Trophy we beat Stevenage Borough in the final 3-2 with John Van Krimpen (2) and Willy Robert scoring the goals. We had a lot of first teamers injured in that game including top scorer Willy Topp.

For some reason this season we have had loads of injuries throughout the season so it's just as well we have a massive squad to cope with them.

j0l4ht.jpg

30ngnc1.jpg

I think next season depending on the players i sign i am going to try the 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1 as i can't seem to get a two man strikeforce to work. I might even go back to the tried and tested 4-3-3 as i can get a three man strikeforce to work.

Holiday mode is nearly finished now so lets see who i can get this season.

You reckon without my general lack of tactical nous when things start going wrong, I've got a great squad which should really be walking it but the pieces aren't fitting together quite as I'd hoped. We're sitting 2nd, 3 points behind Swindon with a game in hand after 17 played so it's still looking good for promotion and we've won our last 8 games in a row in all competitions (though 7 of them have been at home). Our away form still seems shaky though, hopefully I can sort the defence out properly come January.

Victor Simoes has 13 goals, Coutinho has 9 assists.

It looks like your players have now gelled together and you should have no problems winning the league.

13 goals in 17 games is impressive. What season did you sign Victor Simoes ?

What do you say when the board ask you your start of the season expectations ? I normally say avoid relegation but this season i said a mid table finish incase that affects what players will join on loan.

Just signed him this summer, season 3. I'm now playing him as a poacher, with Jutkiewicz on deep lying support, and Joshua King also poacher. Alan Smith is straight into the first team as an attacking central midfielder, alongside central attacking midfielder David Vaughan. Coquelin is a defensive central midfielder. Smith would probably be better suited to support really but I want two attack and one defensive midfielder in my 3.

I usually say either mid table or top half, just so I get the best possible combination of wage budget/transfer kitty and board expectation.

We have managed to sign Richie De Laet on a three month loan deal :).

He wouldn't sign on loan till the end of season or for 6 months but hopefully he will sign a extension later on.

We are also adding to the Polish problem in the UK we have signed no fewer than 7 poles.

It's been a good start to the season with wins against Dagenham and Redbridge away 4-0, Bournemouth home 4-0, Accrington Stanley away 2-0.

In the league cup first round we beat league one side Tranmere Rovers 6-1

We are playing a standard 4-4-2 and we are destroying teams down the flanks with the pace of Lua Lua and Wylde and with Sander Post and Nile Ranger in the box to aim for i can see us scoring lots of goals this season :cool:.

Sander Post is becoming my favourite lower league player he is a beast and unplayable when crosses are put in the box :cool:

GATESHEAD TRANSFERS IN SEASON 2 IN FIRST TRANSFER WINDOW

The transfers we made this season i think are going to be far to good for this league.

On deadline day we managed to sign Peter Lovenkrands on a 12 month loan :) its going to be hard for him to get in the side though as Sander Post and Nile Ranger are a really really good partnership up front.

Andy Carroll was also willing to come but we had signed to many domestic under 23's loans already.

1zyvngx.jpg

We have managed to sign Richie De Laet on a three month loan deal :).

I've never been able to get De Laet, he's always turned me down in favour of a bigger club. He'll be a solid signing.

Sander Post is becoming my favourite lower league player he is a beast and unplayable when crosses are put in the box :cool:

Yeah he's excellent in League 1 so he should absolutely storm League 2, another great signing.

Overall it looks like you've assembled a powerful squad there, I didn't really rate Lovelypants when I got him on a short term loan, he just didn't look much cop at all compared to my other strikers. This was in League 1 mind and he was 32.

What do you make of Kupisz? I got him at a similar stage and never really played him since I had too many English based loanees in my squad.

Lovenkrands has played 4 games and scored 3 but one game he was playing on the left wing to cover the injured Wylde.

De Laet was a rock but his 3 month loan has now expired so i will try on January 1st to loan him on a 6 month loan.

Kupisz is a backup to Lua Lua so doesn't really get any games he doesn't even get on the bench as we have to many domestic based loans in the match day squad.

For some reason Ben Tozer and Lua Lua aren't on the transfer page it might be because i extended there loans at the end of last/start of this season to 12 month loans.

After 15 games we sit top of league two with 37 points. 11 wins, 4 drawn, lost 0, for 46, ag 12, gd +34.

In the league cup 2nd round we were knocked out by Championship leaders Coventry City 4-2 who had Fernando Morientes and Freddy Eastwood in there side what chance did i have ?

Nile Ranger has scored 13 with 12 assists from 19 games.

Sander Post has scored 13 with 7 assists from 15 games.

You're going to stroll it col. Jesus, Morientes? He could barely run when he was at Liverpool several years ago. Great player in his time, but his time has long gone. I remember watching him and Raul up front for Read Madrid many moons ago.

We've won the last 11 games in a row in all competitions, 8 in the league and we're still top of League 1, albeit only on goal difference from Swindon in second. The teams at the top of the league are virtually all on amazing winning runs so there's not much between the top 4 or 5. it's not what I'm used to at all. Joshua King playing as a poacher has started knocking them in and has 7 in 7, Simoes has 15 in 20, Jutkiecicz as a deep lying jobby has 6 in 16.

Due to cup commitments we have to play 8 games in December which I think is a bit excessive and I'll probably have to break up the team to make sure everyone is fit enough. Hopefully we'll be able to play our strongest side for all the league games, since that's all I really care about.

I can't believe your not playing the mighty Sander Post instead of Jutkiecicz :eek:

That's a good run of wins there Paul 11 wins on the trot.

We have just been knocked out of the FA cup second round away to Huddersfield 2-1 with Gateshead old boy Lee Novak scoring the winner with 10 minutes to go. Haris Vuckic got sent off a few minutes after he came off the bench :( .

My coterie of strikers is such that I could conceivably play 3 totally different attacking line ups that would probably score loads in this division. Post is one the bench but most of the others are on loan so I can't even put them on the bench without exceeding my allowance. Gadi, Ameobi & Nile are just kicking their respective heels in the reserves. Tragic but I can't very well change a team that's won so many games on the trot.

Old boys score against me constantly, it's a hazard of having a huge throughflow of players every season.

I have just had a look at the Newcastle reserves to see who was transfer listed and these players are Best, Ameobi, Williamson, Sebastian Romero, Nolan so i'll try and some of those on loan in January. Williamson, Sebastian Romero, Nolan will be the ones i would love but doubt they would come.

I forgot you had Chris Gadi he always turns into a World Class striker on my games does he not look very good on yours if he is in your reserves ?

Yeah I've got virtually the entire Newcastle reserve team on loan!

Well he looks great and is coming along well in the reserves but he only has a finishing of 9, and that's what's keeping him out of my first team and thus the squad.

He has 16 dribbling, 15 first touch, 16 technique, 17 determination, 14 flair 15 acceleration & 16 pace. Just a shame his finishing is so bad.

I would give him some games he can only improve even more.

We have just got revenge over Huddersfield in the Johnstone Paints North semi final with a 2-1 win but yet again Novak scored for them and we had Jamie Ness sent off.

Lovenkrands is keeping Ranger out of the team he now has 11 goals from 11 starts since Ranger got injured but he is fit again so i have a problem of who to play up front.

It's tough having too many quality strikers isn't it?

Jesus, I've just beaten Ipswich 6-1 away in the League! We're clicking...

Yeah you're right, but who to swap out. King would be logical but he's got 11 in 9, obviously not Simoes who now has 18 in 22. I could maybe play him as a deep lying forward instead of Jutkiewicz who only has 7 in 18 but he also has 8 assists so he's also doing really well.

I'll try to squeeze him on the bench for a while and see how he does.

Are you still playing with two central midfielder on attack duty ?

I would probably rotate King and Gadi as you need either a creative player or a big man to play as the central striker with the other two being poachers/advanced forwards.

What type of pressing are you using press more or stand off more ?

Nope 1 defence (Coquelin), 1 support (Alan Smith), 1 attack (Coutinho).

I tried Gadi as a deep lying forward and he bombed totally, I had to sub him at half time, too many headers for him and of course he lost them all. Just as you said you need a fairly big man for that role.

I usually stand-off, usually on the advice of my Ass Man. Never Press More. I start out Default and then my Ass Man tells me I'm fouling too much, then I switch to stand-off.

Yeah i play stand off more as when i play press more like you say you give away to many fouls and also if your player misses his tackle he is out of position which usually results in a goal against you.

Yeah, I don't actually follow the cause and effect...I just rely on my Ass Man to follow that **** and tell me what to do about it!

Erm...

Six points clear at the top now, we're flying and scoring goals for fun, we have 67 goals in 24 games, conceded 26. Won 19, Drawn 3, Lost 2. It's looking good with January a couple of days away.

I take your 67 goals and raise you 70 goals :p thats in 25 games though.

We are 9 points clear after 25 games with 18 wins, 4 drawn, 3 lost but i am becoming concerned with our away form since De Laet left we have lost the last two away games and we just don't look anything like the side we are at home.

Spearing back after 4 months injured scores one and makes one in a 3-0 away win at Yeovil :).

We have missed his presence in the middle of the park he is a brilliant ball winner at this level.

De Laet has signed for Hull City for £800k :(

Archived