FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A mixture really, they played Eduardo up front on his own, with Guardardo and Blaszczykowski as wingers, Nasri & Denilson in midfield. Alex Song was DMC, Clichy and Djourou played etc.

Rested only I think were Fabregas & van Persie, Bendtner, Arshavin, Vermaelen, Walcott and Sagna were on the bench. The latter 3 came on in the second half.

Thats still a very good Arsenal side that you had to play so its a good result.

We are through to the Johnstone Paints final after beating Rotherham in the North final.

We play Charlton in the final.

Gateshead can be challenge but is very rewarding...bear in mind it wont be as easy as col makes it seem!

At the top of this page are col's list of signings, you could do a lot worse than try for some of them.

I'd particularly recommend John van Krimpen, Willy Topp as your front men and try to get Newcastle as your parent club and loan some of their reserves, LuaLua sould come among others.

Keep us posted on how things go.

Hmm..starting a game with gateshead...seems interesting...what players should i get??anybody?

As Paul has said i have posted a screenshot at the top of the page of the players i signed.

I would recommend that you load leagues from BSS/BSN to Premier League and then load all players from the World it gives you 281000 players when you start your game. My computer only recommends that i load only 75000 players but it is worth it.

I like the challenge of taking Gateshead from the BSP and making them into World Beaters hence why i am now on my third game as Gateshead.

I'm sure he will, look at his attributes, he's amazing.

Aye he looks class for the lower leagues.

I desperately need some full backs if we are promoted to league one can you recommend anyone Paul ?

Full backs have been my weakness as well, you should be able to get Martin Fall on a free at the end of season 2, he's at Angers SCO, right-back. He's been good for me this season averaging 7.33. Matt Hill is a pretty good left-back you should also be able to get on a free when he leaves Wolves.

They're my full-backs and although they're not amazing, they're certainly good enough for League 1, I also managed to get Steven Hammell on loan from Newcastle reserves, he looks good but i haven't really played him much because of my loan allowance.

You might be able to find better but these guys are solid enough if you can't.

Steven Hammell is at Bohemains on mine and my scout says he a good championship full back so i will put a bid in for him next season he is valued at £95k.

Matt Hill is not interested in coming to Gateshead but my scout says he is only a league two player.

Martin Fall is not interested in coming to Gateshead either but my scout says he is a good Championship player so i will try to sign him next year.

Thanks for that Paul

Gateshead win the Johnstone Paint trophy beating league one side Charlton Athletic 2-1 in the final at Wembley Stadium.

We beat mainly league one side in the run of fixtures to get to the final and in three of them games it went to penalty shootouts which makes me think a lot of work is needed next year if we get promoted.

zoc08p.jpg

ddgowz.jpg

Just lost my first league game in a while but I think the gods , ie. the officials conspired against us somewhat.

We had a man sent off for a lunge, in a seperate incident they got a lucky penalty, they also had a goal given which should have been disallowed. We had a perfectly good goal disallowed....and my full back Martin Fall was at falut for two of their goals.

We had 8 shots on target to their 5, we had 3 clear cut chances to their 1.

Final Score Rochdale 3 Gateshead 1.

Still we're 14 points clear at the top with a game in hand after 31 games, and 18 clear of of the 3rd place cut off.

It's the first game we've lost since October, and it's now February. Let's see how we bounce back.

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON TWO REVIEW

Gateshead do the double this year of League Two winners and Jonhstone's cup winners.

We finished League Two with 108 points.

The star players this year were.

Greg Wylde Brilliant left winger he scored 17 goals and made 19 assists

Nile Ranger He scored 34 goals and made 18 assists

Sander Post He scored 24 goals and made 21 assists

Peter Lovenkrands He scored 17 goals and made 11 assists

Luis Guilherme My 18 year old Brazilian keeper kept 11 clean sheets.

20tqu03.jpg

2n9g93q.jpg

We had 8 shots on target to their 5, we had 3 clear cut chances to their 1.

Final Score Rochdale 3 Gateshead 1.

Still we're 14 points clear at the top with a game in hand after 31 games, and 18 clear of of the 3rd place cut off.

It's the first game we've lost since October, and it's now February. Let's see how we bounce back.

It's very frustrating when that sort of thing happens and unfortunately it happens quite often.

Another easy league campaign for you no doubt you'll do the same in the Championship.

Another easy league campaign for you no doubt you'll do the same in the Championship.

This season is looking good I admit but next season could be much tougher, I struggled to get out of the Championship last save so I hope I can do better this time. Need to get the signings right, I can make a sow's ear out of a silk purse but sadly not vice versa.

Mustn't count my League 1 winning chickens just yet though...

Well maybe I shouldn't have counted my chickens but I might be counting sheep for the rest of the season since I've been promoted with nine games to spare...nine. Can't remember off the top of my head how early I was promoted last season but nine games seems a lot.

We've played 37, won 30, drawn 4 and lost 3. Scored 102, conceded 39. GD +63. Points 94.

So I'll be trying to get the maxinum points I can from here on in, it's joyless I admit but it has to done. 27 points to play for so thats...121, again. We got 121 points in the BSP, and 118 points in League 2. So I guess we'll probably get 115 points if there's a pattern to it.

Thanks Col, I'm playing straight 433, my strikers have just clicked and look awesome in this league.

Simoes has this thing where he peels off and then cirlces back for through balls and slots them with unerring accuracy. It's amazing to see how many times he does it. You've got much to look forward to next season my friend. Fingers crossed.

We've got a front 3 of Gadi, Jutkiewicz and Simoes primarily, with as few alterations as possible.

I getting really annoyed at players at Newcastle not wanting to come on loan who are listed for loan so far Ranger, Carroll, Lovenkrands won't come.

Then theres the transfer listed players that won't come Ryan Taylor, Lovenkrands, Routledge, Nolan even bloody Ameobi who i don't want won't come.

I have also went through all the Premier League clubs players who are listed for loan and they won't join me either.

The final insult is Greg Wylde won't come on loan my star man from last season :mad:

Simoes has this thing where he peels off and then cirlces back for through balls and slots them with unerring accuracy. It's amazing to see how many times he does it. You've got much to look forward to next season my friend. Fingers crossed.

My coach think's that Simoes is a good Premier league player :eek:. How many goals has he scored for you this season ?

Thanks. No I usually start Standard but usually my posession is up to around 60% after 10 mins or so, then I switch to Control (at Home, away I usually leave it at Standard). I never set it at Attacking and only Overload at the end of a game when I'm losing. Rarely works.

Finally Greg Wylde, Ryan Taylor, Shola Ameobi (who has now injured his hip and is out for 5-7 months), Alex Nimely-Tchuimeni have come on loan.

I must of shamed them to sign.

Nile Ranger chose to go to Doncaster Rovers on loan who are in the same division as me so he is bound so score against me.

Take a look through the pages of this thread haha, there must be dozens of recommendations just from col and myself, not to mention others. I'm sure you can make a decent side out of that lot. Others have had trouble signing Willy Topp, he seems to take some persuading, you need to offer him as much as you can in terms of wages and signing-on fee. You might get him once he's joined another club.

Sergi the attacking midfielder aka Sergio Gonzalez Cordoba?

He starts at Textil Escudo I think.

So far..still stuck at first pre-season...do not know what players to get...so far only got alexis nicholas and willy robert..players such as topp would not want to join.

In the first season get Newcastle United as a Parent Club then sign Haris Vuckic, Kazenga Lua Lua, Ben Tozer on loan.

Then the best players i signed in the BSP were.

Patrick Vaz

Antonio Esmerode

Willy Topp

Sabri Khelfa

Sergi

Jean-Marc Le Rouzic

Cedric Fraumens

Willy Robert

John Van Krimpen

Lencho Skibba

Adrien Barbet

Patricio Bustamante

When i signed Willy Topp i offered him £700 per week and £2500 signing on fee.

If you sign these players you will walk the league ;)

I got willy robert,bustamante,sabri khelfa,rouzic, as for newcastle, only managed to get lough and baheng on loan. Miss out on sergi esmerode. topp would not want to join.same goes for tozer,who went to a league two side instead. And van krimpen doesn't even appear in mine game..strange...

After a shocking start to the season including defeats to Watford 2-1 away, Notts County 4-0 at home :eek:, we have sorted ourselves out and now sit top of the league after 15 games with 10 wins, 3 drawn, 2 lost, for 31, ag 16, gd +15, pts 33.

We also lost to Wigan 2-0 in the first round of the league cup in our dodgy start to the season.

Victor Simoes has had a good start to his Gateshead career scoring 8 goals in 11 games as a advanced forward.

Nice one col, that's a similar position to what we were in, although I think we were second behind Swindon who had started brilliantly. We didn't lose 4-0 at home to anyone mind...not sure we've actually lost at home, nope all 3 losses were away. I'm sure like us you'll race to the title.

Glad to see Simoes is living up to my hype, who are you playing alongside him?

We've only played 2 more games since last night, won them both and we're now sitting on 107 points after 42 games, we drew away to Doncaster so I'm now greedily aiming for a maxinum 119 points. We've so far scored 115 goals and conceded 40.

I am rotating Sander Post and Yaya Sanogo as partners for Victor Simoes.

Victor Simoes has just been sent off so thats a three game ban coming his way :(

Theres no way we will get anywhere near 119 points this season. Thats three great seasons for you with well over 100 points in each season well done.

What philosophy are you playing ? I have switched back to fluid after playing balanced for one season.

They might play their reserves for you...

Season 3 finished and we sit as champions on 113 points, after a shocking home defeat to Ipswich in the penultimate game. Played 46, Won 36, drawn 5 & lost 5 (2 of those losses coming in the last 4 games when we had already won the title). We scored 124, conceded 47.

Player stats: Simoes was top scorer with 33, with 13 assists. Chris Gadi got 20 goals in 28 starts, with 9 assists, Jutkiewicz got 19 goals and 16 assists, Joshua King got 12 in 10 starts. Coquelin got 16 assists, Smith got 13 & Coutinho 19 assists.

It's been another excellent season for the boys with only slight hiccups at the start and end of the season, otherwise total domination near enough. I'll need to go player hunting in a major way since most of my best players were loan signings, with notable exceptions.

To be honest I'm gald this season is over I was flagging in interest once the title, and even automatic promotion was in the bag.

Was Chris Gadi and Jutkiewicz your players or on loan?

Your three midfielders all got a good amout of assists as well.

I am sure you will manage to get the players for your assault on the Championship and then ultimately win the league very easily again.

Even if Man Utd do play the reserves we will still get our bottoms well and truly spanked.

Archived