FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

Maybe this team is better than I thought considering we've now not conceded in our first 4 games and are sitting top of the table after winning 3 and drawing 1.

Martin Fall has been one of my star turns averaging 7.5 and bagging a goal.

I managed to sign a 33 year old D/DM/MC called Mariusz Lewandowski, he looks like he could make that defensive midfield position his own. He'd been released by Shakhtar.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON 3 REVIEW

Gateshead do the double of League One winners and also Johnstone Paint Trophy.

The star performers this season were.

Luis Guilherme My young Brazilian keeper was brilliant again this season keeping 18 clean sheets.

Ryan Taylor Great at full back or on the wing he made 18 assits.

Segi My young Spanish midfielder was my playmaker and he got 15 assists and 5 goals.

Victor Simoes A great goalscorer he got 32 goals.

Yaya Sanogo A young striker on loan from Man Utd will go on to become a great striker he scored 21 goals and had 16 assists.

Greg Wylde He only played 20 games due to a injury that ruled himout for 6 months but he had 8 assists and 2 goals.

xfua04.jpg

ek3x55.jpg

Maybe this team is better than I thought considering we've now not conceded in our first 4 games and are sitting top of the table after winning 3 and drawing 1.

Martin Fall has been one of my star turns averaging 7.5 and bagging a goal.

I managed to sign a 33 year old D/DM/MC called Mariusz Lewandowski, he looks like he could make that defensive midfield position his own. He'd been released by Shakhtar.

You'll win the league again.

Martin Fall was my back up to Ryan Taylor but he played ok when he was called up on.

I have been offered both the Man Utd and Man City jobs on the same day both of course both got rejected ;)

I'd play 433 if I didn't have Gibbs, I could play him at left back but I think he'd be wasted there. Plus I don't really have an abundance of goodf central midfielders.

Try the 4-5-1 and use Gibbs as a AML either as a inside forward or advanced playmaker he would be awesome in the Championship in that position.

I will catch you up shortly i am currently in holiday mode for the off season.

So i will need to search the globe for players to bring in to challenge for the Championship title.

Result of the season so far, we just beat Sunderland 1-0 in the League Cup. Pity I'm not that bothered about the League Cup, I did play my strongest side though, I owe our fans as much. We didn't really play that well but Sunderland were poor, they shaded it mind.

Another grear season col, I hope you're rright about us winning the league, I don't think I quite have the squad...yet. I'm terrified of injuries. I just signed another old guy, 33 year old right back Jean-Joel Perrier-Dombe. After praising Fall, i think he might be losing his place.

I don't want to change a winning formation at the minute but I'll try it if and when we hit a sticky spell.

I load leagues from EPL to BSS/BSN.

Then i load all players from the world it gives you 281000 players. My computer only recommends 75000 but it still works fine.

Then the best players i signed in the BSP were.

Patrick Vaz

Antonio Esmerode

Willy Topp

Sabri Khelfa

Sergi

Jean-Marc Le Rouzic

Cedric Fraumens

Willy Robert

John Van Krimpen

Lencho Skibba

Adrien Barbet

Patricio Bustamante

When i signed Willy Topp i offered him £700 per week and £2500 signing on fee.

Get Newcastle United as a parent club and loan Haris Vuckic, Kazenga Lua Lua, Ben Tozer

If you sign these players you will walk the league

"The Gateshead board remind you that the club is now required to make monthly repayments of £30K towards the £7M gift loan taken out earlier."

So that's why we were suddenly awash with cash!

How can you have a gift...loan? Isn't that an oxymoron?

Why where you given a loan anyway ? Did you ask the chairman for extra transfer money ?

I have never had a loan on any of my three saves as Gateshead.

That is very strange :confused:.

We have made some good signings so far.

Zezinho on a free

Daniel Galbraith on a free

Marc Albrighton on a free

Fran Merida on a free

Ignacio Camacho on a free

Craig Walsh on a free

On loan so far we have signed Nile Ranger, Ryan Taylor, Gregg Wylde, Jamie Ness.

My Gateshead French Revolution

So I've loaded up my Gateshead save with the intention of signing just English and French players until I find it not viable.

I've sent two scouts out to France. Wish me luck.

Keep us updated with how you are doing.

Good luck.

Phew, we just beat Iceland 3-2 after a seriously lackluster first half performance. Defoe was subbed at half time for Crouch since I thought we could play off him. That didn't really work either so I subbed both my wingers (Lennon & Cole) off, brought on Agbonlahor and Gareth Barry and played 433. We looked much better and dominated after that. Rooney, man of the match.

Fran Merida on a free! Wowser!!

Good luck on your wrong-headed enterprise mRANDOMNUMBERS!

Down to 4th after 6 games, we've only scored 1 goal in the last 3 games combined, that's not good. We still haven't conceded mind you. So we've won 3 and drawn 3, scored only 8 but conceded 0.

Martin Pierre is my top scorer with 2, Simoes has 1.

442 wide diamond, nice to be solid at the back but if I score none and concede none over the whole season I'll end up nearer the bottom than the top.

We're creating chances mind, our strikers have just been shockingly profligate. Simoes for instance has 1 goal in 18 attempts. 4 on target.

Maybe Simoes is not Championship standard then although my coaches say he would be a leading Championship striker :confused:.

Try playing control or attacking but then you wouldn't be as solid at the back.

I'm playing Simoes as a trequartista mind not sure he's good enough for that but the rest of my strikers look like poachers to me and I can't play two poachers. I could try him deep lying or I could draft in Post, but I don't think he's good enough for the Championship.

I have just spent a couple of hours searching through most clubs in Europe for players that got released.

But hopefully it will pay off.

We have sold a few players so i could use the transfer fees to adjust the wage budget.

I wouldn't have signed Sean Morrison because of his lack of pace/ acceleration, I usually look for pace and mobility in my defenders.

Anderson Silva, 30 year old Brazilian? Looks good. Boyata looks solid. I think Zoltan Gera has retired in my game, how old is he?

Meskhiya doesn't look good in my game, MC? Very poor positioning, poor strength, off the ball, concentration. He's a hard worker mind.

I wouldn't have signed Sean Morrison because of his lack of pace/ acceleration, I usually look for pace and mobility in my defenders.

Anderson Silva, 30 year old Brazilian? Looks good. Boyata looks solid. I think Zoltan Gera has retired in my game, how old is he?

Meskhiya doesn't look good in my game, MC? Very poor positioning, poor strength, off the ball, concentration. He's a hard worker mind.

Thats the Anderson Silva i have former Barnsley player.

Zoltan Gera is 33 years old

Meskhiya looks amazing on my game.

8 positioning, strength 11, off the ball 14, concentration 11.

But he has tackling 15, passing 14, composure 16, creativity 14, team work 15, work rate 16, pace and acceleration 14.

In mine he has 3 positioning, 7 strength, 8 off the ball, 7 concentration.

Tackling 9, passing 11, composure 12, creativity 11, team work 15, work rate 13, pace & acceleration 11.

Massive difference, I'd have definitely gone for your version but wouldn't touch mine with a barge pole.

Got a home League Cup tie against Premier League Wolves up next.

Not sure, it might depend on how much he's been playing or how he'd trained or...I dunno. It seems strange he could differ so drastically.

Maybe some random variable has made him fantastic in your game and utterly rubbish in mine.

Top by one point from Nottm Forest, played 8 won 5 drawn 3. Scored 14, conceded 2. Oliver Weiss & Martin Pierre are top scorers with 3, Simoes has 2. Simoes has 3 assists mind. Gibbs has 4 assists, Merida 3 assists.

M'Bow looks good, Bamba looks like a decent right back.

My left back Matt Hill is still holding his own but I'm looking to replace him if I can in January, there's nobody available for loan who's any better in my game so it's tough to recommend anyone. See if you can get either Joe Dudgeon or Dodo on loan, they turned me down but I'm going to try again until the window closes and then in January, they both look really good.

Like i said you will win the league.

Abdoulaye Bamba will be back up to Ryan Taylor.

Pape M'Bow and Sean Morrison will be my first choice centre back pairing.

Dodo has just went to Salzburg for £7.25m

Joe Dudgeon is on loan at Tranmere buut he looks poor.

Archived