FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portsmouth have been deducted 10 points for going into administration before the season starts :D

My first game in the Championship is away to Sheffield Wednesday.

I have also signed a regen left back on loan from Rangers who according to my coaches is better than Leon Jessen and is a leading star in the Championship.

After fielding a team of second and third choice players we lose in the first round of the league cup on penalties to Hartlepool :o.

But we thrashed Ipswich Town in the next game 6-1 in our first home game of the season :D

Update: Almost halfway into mine first season bsp, played 19. won 16 drawn 2 and lost 1. Sitting comfortably at the top. Not knocked out yet in fa cup.

Do you guys think it is a wise idea to get Davide enrico somma from leeds for 14k?

Update: Almost halfway into mine first season bsp, played 19. won 16 drawn 2 and lost 1. Sitting comfortably at the top. Not knocked out yet in fa cup.

Do you guys think it is a wise idea to get Davide enrico somma from leeds for 14k?

He looks good for the BSP but his lack of pace and acceleration would worry me.

We managed to beat Wolves at home on penalties so we're through to the League Cup 4th round.

I tried a 451 with Gibbs as an inside forward and he played ok, nothing special. The overall performance was solid but unspectacular. We failed to score a goal in 120 minutes but stopped Wolves scoring as well. I think I might go back to my 442 wide diamond.

Oops, missed the new page again....

Yeah haha, I had to pay compensation for Topp as well, he's probably worth it although he wasn't really a first team regular for me.

Col: I beat Ipswich 6-1 away in League 1...and then lost 2-1 at home in the penultimate game of the season (ie when I had already won the title).

Simoes has lost his place in my first team so he might not be too big a miss for you if you've got decent back up.

Hmmm...why must i pay 35k compensation fee to the club for willy topp...hmmm...

Don't use the sign player button as you will have to pay compensation.

Make a offer of £0 to his club and you will get him for free.

Simoes has lost his place in my first team so he might not be too big a miss for you if you've got decent back up.

In the 3 games he has played he has scored 2 goals but he has only been available for them two games as he has been injured all season.

It's been a strange season so far. After beating Ipswich we lost the next game 4-1 at Colchester :eek: but since then we are unbeaten so after 10 games we have won 7, draw 1, lost 2, for 21, ag 11, gd +10, pts 22.

We are 5th in the league but we have only played 10 games where everyone above me have played 13 games. Hull City are top with 34 points so if we win our 3 games inhand then we will be 3 points behind.

Make that lost 3 games now we have just lost 2-1 away to Swansea City :mad:

We were awful in the first half and came in 2-0 at half time i then read the riot act and we pulled one back but played a lot better but saying that they couldn't of played any worse in the second half.

I haven't tried 442 yet but I'm about to...I've still only played 10 games. Got a 2-2 draw away to Wigan, via an 83 minute penalty.

England have won their first 3 quals unconvincingly, in fact we've been rubbish. God knows how we've won each game, 3-2 at home to Iceland, 1-0 away to Switzerland and 1-0 at home to Lithuania.

GK Orduna (Mexican Regen)

RB Taylor

LB Jessen/Burley (Scottish Regen on loan from Rangers)

CB Morrison

CB M'Bow

DMC Kirillov (Russian Regen)

MC Camacho

MC Merida

AMR Zezinho

AML Wylde/Yago

FC Sanogo

I must admit I'm not really putting the effort into England, it's my light relief away from the slog of Gateshead.

What do you make of the crossing in this game? I've had very little success with it. With England I've got real world class wingers and they very rarely score from crosses. I should put Crouch in teh side more just to see if crossing might actually work.

How many goals has Sanogo got for you? Are you playing him as an advanced forward?

Wingers are ok if you play with a big targetman ala Sander Post.

That's why i play with AML/AMR and use inside forwards or advanced playmakers so they can either cut inside and shoot/through ball or go on the outside and cross.

Sanago has 11 goals in 15 games and he plays as a advanced forward.

I tried 442 as you suggested and beat Chalton 5-1 at home, so I might stick with that for a bit. 451 does look intriguing but I worry about playing just one up front after many seasons of playing 3.

That's a good return indeed, Sanago is at Milan in my game, I'm going to try and loan him for January.

He's on loan from Man Utd on my game.

On this patch it seems to be impossible for smaller clubs to loan players from abroad :(

Do you think this is a bug ? I might start a thread in the bugs forum

I use a defensive midfielder at DM, advanced playmaker attack MC.

The other other MC i am testing the different options i have tried Deep lying playmaker support, ball winner, box to box but i am still not happy yet.

We played 451 away to Swindon, and won 5-0. I was running out of superlatives in my team talk. My striker Pierre bagged a brace, Gibbs got 1, my sub midfielder Wolze got 1 and Turgot my centre half completed the scoring.

Great performance. Swindon are a poor side I'd admit but even so...

We played 451 away to Swindon, and won 5-0. I was running out of superlatives in my team talk. My striker Pierre bagged a brace, Gibbs got 1, my sub midfielder Wolze got 1 and Turgot my centre half completed the scoring.

Great performance. Swindon are a poor side I'd admit but even so...

Good stuff.

How did you setup your players ?

We beat Colchester 4-0 to get revenge on our defeat off them earlier this season.

I had the team instructions all on default and changed the 2nd midfielder to a box to box midfielder. Fran Merida scored 1 and made 2 assists from the advanced playmaker role ;).

We beat Charlton away 3-0.

My centre back M'Bow scored two and Zezinho scored the other goal but the funny thing about this game is we got a penalty in the last 5 mins and M'Bow stepped up to take it to try and get a hatrick but he missed :p

Corner aim far post

The CB with the best heading, jumping to attack far post.

The other players

FB and DMC Stay back

CB Keeper

MC Lurk outside

MC Attack from deep

AMR and AML Near post flick on

FC Attack from deep

I came across it reading through some threads in the tactics forum.

There is another one you can use but it spoils the game as you score from nearly every corner so you win games 6-0 every game.

Totally dominated this home League Cup tie against Preston but thanks to my profligacy in front of goal it's gone to penalties.

Well we've won but what's with all the missed chances? 28 shots and 13 on taget to 11 and 2, 3 CCCs to 0. Final score 0-0.

Archived