FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

I wish i had your problem in creating CCC'c.

We are winnings games by the odd goal but we aren't creating any CCC's and the goals we are scoring are either wonder goals or from set pieces :(

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my 4-5-1 i have made the second MC a central midfielder with support duty and changed the striker to a complete forward with attack duty.

It has been working well so far and it is creating loads of chances. The wingers are getting more goals as well as the complete forward plays them through balls.

How are you doing Paul and haha4456 ?

We have just drawn Man Utd in the FA cup for the second year in a row.

This time it is the FA cup 5th round and the game is at Old Trafford we are going to get annihilated off them :( .

Winning at home and drawing or losing away, playing 451. 3rd after 18, 5 points behind leaders Sheff Utd.

Drawing way too many, missing too many sitters and conceding too many late goals.

We've got Liverpool away in the League Cup Quarter Final.

Who is missing the sitters your striker ?

Good luck against Liverpool i think you'll need it.

We lost 2-1 against Man Utd but they dominated and should of won by a lot more to be honest.

I've looked at Leon Best, not sure he's good enough to be my first choice centre forward and I've got too many domestic loans to have him as a squad player. Andy Carroll is in the Newcastle first team squad so no chance.

I have signed a promising looking young Bulgarian striker on a free called Mihail Mitov (regen), I'm going to try him as a complete forward.

Thats me finished with Gateshead for FM10 now after 3 different saves with them i am now bored of it.

I will play again as Gateshead on FM11.

All the best and hope to speak with you on FM11 Gateshead thread.

Comically beaten 5-4 away to Sheff Utd when I was 3-0 up at half time. Plus they were down to 10 men after they used all their substitutes at half time and one of them was stretchered off after 47 minutes.

Hilarious really. They switched to 432 and after my striker Pierre got a hattrick in the first half, their striker Ched Evans scored 4 in the second half.

Not sure this side is good enough.

Well I ditched Willy Topp before I got to League 2 but I believe col had some success with him at that level.

My best front two for my title winning League 2 side was Nile Ranger and Shola Ameobi on loan so see if you can get them, I'd also recommend Cristian Rami and Paulo Rangel.

My team was:

GK Eduardo Gottardi

RB Rogerio/ Santiago Villfane

LB Ian Joy

DC Gavin Gunning (on loan)

DC Kaj Ramsteijn

MR Joao Ribeiro

LR Gerardo Bruna ( on loan)

MC Francis Coquelin (on loan)

MC Bruno Coutinho

FC Shola/ Rami/ Rangel

FC Ranger

You can find col's League 2 signings on page 10 of this thread. I know he sold Willy Robert before starting his League 2 campaign.

What players are needed for league 2?

should i keep robert,topp,rouzic?

Topp can do a very good job up front until League One but on my last save he couldn't get into my team as i had Nile Ranger, Sander Post, Peter Lovenkrands and Paulo Rangel all before him.

Rouzic is a good League Two keeper but i don't think he would make it at League One level.

Willy Robert is only BSP standard

Thats just my opinion of course.

Comically beaten 5-4 away to Sheff Utd when I was 3-0 up at half time. Plus they were down to 10 men after they used all their substitutes at half time and one of them was stretchered off after 47 minutes.

Hilarious really. They switched to 432 and after my striker Pierre got a hattrick in the first half, their striker Ched Evans scored 4 in the second half.

Not sure this side is good enough.

That would of been a great game for the neutral fan :D

How can you concede five goals in the second half when your only playing 10 men :p

God knows it was one of those games where they scored two within a few minutes of the restart and I just felt totally powerless to resist them. They were at 3-3 after 12 minutes of the second half. They went 4-3 on about 70mins and then I got furious and switched to overload. They scored their 5th with a few minutes to go and then of course one of my subs got an injury time 4th.

They are top of the table mind so they're no mugs, 3-0 up at half time didn't really reflect the first half.

Hey..thks alot paul and col nufc. I thought u guys were going to abandon this thread! haha...Approaching the end of mine first season soon. Next two days would be away. So wouldn't be playing. Thks once again!

We're not really here, we're trace elements of previous civilisation...

Erm

Lost narrowly away to Liverpool in the League Cup Quarter, 1-0 after extra time, and of course my fans were disappointed with the result...ingrates!

We're sitting top after 24 games 1 point clear of Sheff Utd with a far superior goal difference.

How are you doing in the league haha? Promotion secured?

Promotion to the Premier League!

And with only 2 games to spare...our closest battle this save, that's for sure.

Nottm Forest, Sheff Utd and Reading all battled gamely but it looks like Nottm Forest will pinch the 2nd automatic promotion spot which leaves the other two to battle it out with tow teams which have over 20 points less than them. I'll let you know the points and stuff once the season has finished but it's been an enjoyable season, chiefly because it was pretty tight until almost the end.

Ok, season finished and we topped the table with 102 points, comprised of 30 wins, 12 draws and 4 defeats. We scored 92 and conceded 26, GD +66.

Our top performers this season were Kieran Gibbs (on loan from Arsenal) who is out of contract in the summer and with a bit of luck might becomea permanent part of the Gateshead revolution, he averaged 7.47 and offered 12 assists from wide left. Fran Merida also from Arsenal was my creative hub in centre midfield and contributed 15 assists. The goals were scored by Martin Pierre on loan from Spurs, he bagged 19. Mihail Matov contributed 13. We also signed an Aussie/ British midfielder in January, who contributed 10 assists and 3 goals.

In defence, Mustafa Turgut was a rock as was Phil Jones, on loan from Man. Full backs Armin Heinz and Joe Dudgeon were acquired in January and held together well. Overall it was a solid season with key signings in January making the difference between challenging and winning the title.

My mission should I decide to accept it will be to survive initially in the Premier League and if I can sign some of my loan stars permanently and get a few up and coming youngsters on the payroll I don't see why we shouldn't make a go of it.

Anyone else out there with a tale to tell?

It looks like your going to be the last man standing in the Gateshead thread Paul.

Well done on your promotion.

If your going to continue your Gateshead game then i would highly recommend Yannick Djalo he is a goal machine on my new Newcastle save in the Championship he scored 50 goals from 45 games and in the Premier League so far he has 6 goals from 11 games. I signed him in the first season for £800k.

Looks like it, I've assembled a decent squad from mostly free transfers, Franco di Santo and Kleber are my two main strikers well, pretty much the only Premier League class strikers we have on the books so if either of them get injured I'll be forced to play with one man up front. If they both get injured I'll be royally screwed. They both look great mind though Kleber isn't getting any younger

I've looked at Djalo and he looks amazing but he's at Genoa and his value is £6M. I've got enought to go maybe as high as £12M at a push but that would wipe me out totally and I've still not done squad builidng. If I can get him for much less then I'll be in like Flynn.

Is that the Kleber from Cruzeiro ? he was class on one of my older Newcastle saves.

I am going back to my Gateshead save as i am getting withdrawal symptoms :D.

So we are top of the Championship after 41 games with 99 points and are already promoted as champions.

Yannick Djalo is at Feyenoord on my save and is valued at £4m but has the squad status indispensable so it will probably take a huge bid to sign him :(.

You know the Gateshead thread is the place to be!

Yep that's the fella, he's going to be our star player this season if I keep him fit and firing, I'm unsure as to what formation to play. I might play him up front on his own as a complete forward, playing either a 451 or a maybe a 451 with two DMs and one CM since I'll be playing pretty defensively away from home for this season at least. We really don't have the forwards for a 433 and I still don't trust the 442, I can never get the wingers to work very well, I have widened our pitch this season so it might help. I like the 451 mainly for the inside forwards!

Our full backs are once more going to be a weakness I think, I can't really find any top class signings for either left or right back so I'm making do with good Championship standard players, both regens I think.

Djalo has the squad status 'Important first team player' at Genoa so it would take a bid in excess of what we can afford I'm sure.

I think i played Kleber as a complete forward and set him as a targetman with supply to feet. I am going to try that for Sanogo for these last few Championship games.

I am playing 4-5-1 but i am testing the wingers as advanced playmakers attack instead of inside forwards to see if it's going to be better or not.

It's how to set the two central midfielders that has got me baffled i think i am going to try two advanced midfielders with one on support and one on attack duty.

Ooo I'll have to try them, I'm playing two DMCs so I'll have to modify a bit. I might play my CM as advanced playmaker attack/support and my DMCs as defensive midfielder support and anchor man. That was I've got a line of 3 going up the pitch. A proper defensive midfield water carrier, a midfield support man and a Frank Lampard style midfielder running from deep, only more creative and dynamic (and slimmer).

1st game of the Premier League season is away to Birmingham, 4 days away. Want a draw.

No probs.

1-1 away draw against Brum, we scored the equaliser in the 87th minute. I played Kleber as a complete forward, target man, supply to feet and I subbed him off at half time since he was having a poor game (5.9). Brought on di Santo and changed the supply to mixed and he finished with 6.8. He didn't score mind, that would be my playmaker Mullen. Decent result.

Gateshead end of season 4 review

Gateshead win the Championship easily with 112 points and 27 points clear of second placed Fulham.

The stars of this campaign were.

Yaya Sanogo The clubs top goal scorer with 30 goals and 10 assists in 38 starts.

Fran Merida The brilliant Spanish playmaker got 12 goals and 19 assists in 42 starts.

Pape M'Bow Formed a brilliant partnership with with Sean Morrison at the heart of the defence and also scored 12 goals.

Zezinho The Brazilian winger had a good first season in English football and got 13 goals and 14 assists in 43 starts.

Sean Morrison Formed a brilliant partnership with Pape M'Bow at the heart of the defence.

ea1npk.jpg

2cdwor9.jpg

No probs.

1-1 away draw against Brum, we scored the equaliser in the 87th minute. I played Kleber as a complete forward, target man, supply to feet and I subbed him off at half time since he was having a poor game (5.9). Brought on di Santo and changed the supply to mixed and he finished with 6.8. He didn't score mind, that would be my playmaker Mullen. Decent result.

Thats a good result for a newly promoted side.

For some reason my game is now crashing when i go into holiday mode so it looks like it will take a bit longer before i can perfrom my assault on the Premier League.

Gateshead are expanding the stadium by 1250 seats.

Whats the point in that if your going to expand the stadium you want more seats than that.

How much for transfers/wage budget did you get this season ?

Think yourself lucky our expansion was 750 seats!

For some reason we've got a huge wage budget and a pretty big transfer budget, I think that mysterious loan earlier has something to do with it. I'd be interested to see how it compares to yours.

If I put the Budget Adjustment slider in the middle, we have a wage budget of £300,000 and a transfer budget of £15M. I'm currently spending £211,744 per week on wages so I'll probably max it out before the end of the window.

I tried the corner regime you described and it was hilarious how many times my best header headed the ball over the bar, he did it just about every time he made contact, I don't think he scored a single goal, maybe one.

He had 18 for heading and jumping as well....

Very odd. I'm going to try it again with someone else this season.

There's some very good frees available on my game players like Rio Ferdinand, Xabi Alonso, Rene Adler, Michael Johnson, Rodrigo Possebon, Johann Djourou.

Aston Villa have offered me Fabian Delph for £1.4m so i am now waiting to see if he accepts my contract.

We need a top quality striker this season so i will make bids for Yannick Djalo and Yaya Sanogo.

Theres some good players transfer listed as well Alex Smithies, Alan Gatatov, Patrick Van Aanholt.

Archived