FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

Most of the top quality free transfers chose bigger clubs than Gateshead which is of course understandable but we have managed to bring in some good players.

On frees.

Michael Johnson, Ryan Taylor, Nemanja Matic, Alphonse Areola, Rodrigo Possebon, Jeremy Helan, Sunny, Luca Marrone, Stefano Okaka, Javier Acuna and a few others.

Transfer fees.

Tom £1m.

Yannick Djalo £12m.

Part exchanges with no cash.

Alex Smithies for Josh Lambo and Jules Goda.

Jordan Rhodes for Yago.

David Alaba for Koen Casteels.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am starting season no two. Runner-up fa trophy. Finished the league first with 108 points. Won 34 Drawn 6 lost 6.

Transfer in for new season:

Ole Soderberg loan newcastle

Stefan Dimitrov Free transfer

Paulo Rangel Free transfer

Christian Rami 40k

Jamie ness loan rangers

Gavin Gunning loan balckburn

Wallace 2k Gornik LEczna

Tomasz Kupisz Loan Wigan

Jakub Majewski Free trasfer

David sinclair loan Livingston

Robbie Garret Free transfer

Chris birchall Free transfer

I need a left back now..cant get ian joy...

Alex Smithies is my England No.1, he's absolute quality.

Some great signings there col, I also got Michael Johnson.

Okaka, Matic, Djalo and Smithies all look exceptional players.

Adebayor is transfer listed for £5M in my game, shame his wages are £150,000 a week! Danny Welbeck is available for loan as well but I'd have to pay his full wages and he's on £42,000 a week.

Alex Smithies is my England No.1, he's absolute quality.

Some great signings there col, I also got Michael Johnson.

Okaka, Matic, Djalo and Smithies all look exceptional players.

Adebayor is transfer listed for £5M in my game, shame his wages are £150,000 a week! Danny Welbeck is available for loan as well but I'd have to pay his full wages and he's on £42,000 a week.

Alex Smithies isn't even in the England squad on my game but he does look like a future England number 1.

Michael Johnson, Okaka and Matic are all backups for me.

Adebayor is amazing on FM10 put a bid in and offer all you can as a key player then Man City might pay him the rest of his wages.

Danny Welbeck is worth £19m on my game and he also looks really really good.

I ve had a good start to the Premier League after 3 games we have won 1, drawn 1, lost 1.

Newcastle 1 Gateshead 1. A game of two penalties Guthrie for Newcastle and Merida for Gateshead.

Chelsea 2 Gateshead 0. We played very well but just couldn't score and both of Chelsea's goals came from corners.

Gateshead 2 WBA 0. Djalo with his first two goals for Gateshead.

The defence is our weak link but i have put the rest of our transfer budget into wages so we have no money to spend and everytime i want to loan someone the other club wants a fee :(.

Adebayor rejected my overtures despite me offering him the most lucrative contract we could afford...sigh.

Djalo isn't interested in joing Gateshead, so we've just got Kleber, di Santo and Mitov to play with up front at the minute. We've signed Marko Marin on a free who can play up front but he's really a winger/attacking midfielder in my book. I've still got irons in other fires so my squad should be expanding soon.

We've drawn 1 and lost 2 of our first 3 games.

Away to Birmingham, I've already mentioned. Draw.

Home to Man City, 2-0 defeat. No suprise really, totally outplayed and got what we deserved.

Away to Man U, 1-0 defeat. We played really well and were possibly unlucky not to snatch a point, we hit the woodwork and of course were denied a cast iron penalty.

We've got Championship Barnsley away in the League Cup 2nd Round but I'm going to play my first team just to give them a chance to gel and hopefully build some confidence.

We have agreed a pre contract with Corinthians Lulinha to come in January.

There is quite a lot of good players from Brazil that are out of contract in January so i think Lulinha won't be the only Samba star to arrive.

It's not just players in Brazil who are out of contract in January theres good players from Norway, Sweden, Russia, Chile as well.

Yeah we've signed a few more squad players, Antonio Candreva, Alexandre Bonnet and Kamil Zayatte among others. Still only have 3 strikers though. Everywhere else we've got cover, except maybe left back but I've got Ritchie De Laet who can play either full back positions at a push, and as long as I keep him on purely defensive duties.

Not sure yet, I'd say...

GK Fernando Muslera

DR Armin Henize

DL Sean Harvey

DC Kamil Zayette

DC Glenn Loovens

DMC Anthony Annan

DMC/MC Matthew Mullen (just gave him his first England cap)

MC Ross Jenkins/ Michael Johnson

AMR Marko Marin/ Candreva

AML Mbark Boussoufa/ Bonnet

FC Kleber/ Di Santo

I'm still trying to get some free transfers in but my wage bill is getting pretty bloated by now.

GK Fernando Muslera

DR Armin Henize

DL Sean Harvey

DC Kamil Zayette

DC Glenn Loovens

DMC Anthony Annan

DMC/MC Matthew Mullen (just gave him his first England cap)

MC Ross Jenkins/ Michael Johnson

AMR Marko Marin/ Candreva

AML Mbark Boussoufa/ Bonnet

FC Kleber/ Di Santo

Some good players there.

Fernando Muslera, Anthony Annan, Kleber, Marko Marin are all very good Premier League players.

Theres a few regens or retired players as well.

I am still tinkering about but the team for the last few games has been.

GK Smithies.

RB Taylor.

LB Jessen.

CB Filipenko.

CB Morrison.

DMC Camacho.

MC Alaba.

MC Merida.

AMR Tom.

AML Zezinho.

FC Djalo.

In January i will be looking for defenders if i can sell players that is.

I think i am going to change my formation to a 4-2-3-1 wide.

Leon Jessen starts at FC Midtylland he is a Danish international.

Ignacio Camacho starts at Athletico Madrid.

The 4-2-3-1 wide i mean 2 MC's, AML, AMR, AMC, ST.

But then again i might try the 4-4-2 or 4-4-2 wide diamond i think it's just a case of tweaking until i find something that suits the players we have.

I have played 4-4-2 the last few games and we have won them so i will be giving it a good run of games.

Jordan Rhodes and Yannick Djalo will be the perfect partnership up front.

Zezinho and Tom are good down the flanks.

It is a very defensive formation that your playing but scoring only 1 goal in 4 games is pretty poor. You definately need to be more attacking minded to start banging the goals in.

We have lost our first game using the 4-4-2 a 3-1 defeat away to Man City.

So far our Premier League stats are this.

Position 5th, pl 9, won 5, drawn 2, lost 2, for 16, ag 10, gd +6, pts 17.

We have just beat the mighty Arsenal at home 2-0 in the Premier League :D.

How is Alex Smithies not in the England squad he is consitently performing to a very high level.

England under Stuart Pearce have failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup even though there group was on paper very easy. In there World Cup group they had Serbia, Romania, Finland, Moldova, Luxembourg and they only finished a miserable 3rd. If Stuart Pearce isn't sacked it will be a disgrace.

That's an amzing result. You must be flying up the league by now, we're 2nd bottom and Newcastle are bottom after 5 played, 3 draws and 2 defeats. We drew at home to Fulham, only by scoring a last minute and undeserved equaliser. This was after switching from 451 to 424 for the last 20 minutes or so. We're really not playing well.

Oh I don't think I mentioned it but we (England) won the Confederations Cup in the summer, despite being pretty awful in my first few qualifiers. We beat Brazil on penalties in the semis otherwise we didn't have to play anyone decent, Australia, New Zealand and Chile in the group stage and then Chile again in the final.

We're doing pretty well in the qualifiers now as well, 5 points clear of Ukraine played 8, won 7, drawn 1, for 23, Ag 6 Pts 22.

Jeez it gets worse for us, beaten at home in the League cup 3rd round against Championship strugglers Crystal Palace.

We dominated, particularly in the second half but just couldn't finish our chances, our shooting in general was atrocious. We had 22 shots and only 5 on target, too many from long range. They had 4 and 3. 62% possession, 3 CCCs to 0. We were basically better in every department apart from shot accuracy.

I played my first team as well. 424. Kleber was subbed off again after scoring 5.4 at half time. It surely can only get better.

We are playing really well and i am in shock at our lofty 3rd place in the Premier League :eek:.

After 22 games our Premier League stats are this.

Won 12, drawn 8, lost 2, for 35, ag 17, gd +18, pts 44. We are 11 points behind league leaders Man City and 3 points behind second placed Arsenal.

Some of our best results we have had this season are.

Man Utd 0 Gateshead 0

Gateshead 1 Chelsea 1

Gateshead 0 Liverpool 0

Gateshead 2 Arsenal 0

Gateshead 1 Aston Villa 0

Ok so i know there's a lot of draws in them games but when you look at the starting elevens of both teams we are much weaker in every position.

Try putting all your players long shots to rarely if your having to many.

Are you playing the 4-2-4 with two MC's, AML, AMR, two FC's ?

That's the one, I'm not tearing my hair out as yet. After all we've only played a total of 7 games, 5 in the league, not enough time to expect my team to gel although my Ass Man claims they are blending well together.

Up against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge next so I'm going back to 451 DM just for this game then I'll most likely go back to 424.

I can't believe you're 3rd, I thought you might struggle with that team, well mid table at best so to be 3rd is an amazing achievement. Who have been your stars so far?

I thought we would be relegation fodder this season but my team have been very impressive.

The stars have been

Yannick Djalo 14 goals from 26 games.

Alex Smithies 13 clean sheets in 26 games

Ryhor Filipenko 11 goals from 22 games and a AVR of 7.75 he's a CB.

Team Talks

At home i have been using "I expect a win" or against the top teams "You can win" or "For the fans".

Away i have been using "You can win" or "For the fans".

That's why your having to many shots your inside forwards with support duty have long shots set to often.

I can never get anyone to perfrom well in the DMC position in any of the options defensive midfielder, anchor man, deep lying playmaker how does your DMC perform ?.

What about your striker how have you got him setup ?

Right I've set them to long shots sometimes and rarely based on their stats, 11 and 9.

Annan my DMC is peforming ok, 6.83, 4.68 tackles per game, 86% pass retention. Not great but solid.

I've set Kleber up as you suggested, "complete forward and set him as a targetman with supply to feet". He's been really poor so far, 6.55 average, 1 goal in 6.

Now that your inside forwards won't take long shots all the time Kleber should get some chances coming his way.

Are you still usind standard as a starting strategy ? maybe try control or attack.

Lost 4-2 at home to Sunderland...sob.

We dominated the game as well, Frazier Campbell got a hattrick for them. We had 13 shots 6 on target to their 8 and 6. 5 CCCs to 3, 4 long shots to 3. We had 55% posession. 77% pass completion to 69%. Our right inside forward missed some sitters. Kleber only had 1 shot in anger, not enough.

It's not happenning at all, I fear this session may be cursed and I'm considering switching off and starting up a new session later. I have no logical explanation for my team's current predicament. We're now rock bottom of the Premier League and while I still harbour hope we can finish mid-table my faith is starting to wane. I might even get the sack if this continues.

Archived