FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

Even though we have been playing well i still can't seem to get the wingers to do much. So we might as well be playing with 9 men each game. I am going to go back to the 4-3-3.

My wingers stats have been poor.

Zezinho my ML has 3 goals and 5 assists in 28 games.

Simon Markeng my MR has 3 goals and 3 assists in 18 games.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I agree, I've never been happy with my wingers, Joao Ribeiro is my only winger who ever got more than 10 assists in a season, he did get 16 but then we scored 110 goals that season so in the scheme of things...

This season none of my midfielders has a single assist but then we've only scored 5 goals in 7 games. My strikers have all the assists.

I would try 433 but I haven't got either the central midfielders or the strikers for it. I only have 3 strikers. Plus my best CMs are really DMs. I think I need to buy big in January. A creative midfielder and another striker must be the order of the day.

The wingers are really annoying me now so i will push them into AML/AMR and play inside forwards.

I was thinking of going to the 4-3-3 but in real life i always prefer formations with wingers so if i have to make do with inside forwards then so be it.

We have moved into 2nd now with 6 games to play. Man City are walking the league but then it is close between 2nd and 5th with only 4 points in it.

I have just looked at our remaining fixtures and it's going to be hard.

Burnley at home.

Chelsea in FA Cup semi finals.

Spurs at home.

Arsenal away.

Man Utd at home.

Liverpool away.

That must be the hardest remaining fixtures ever :eek:

The Premier League looks like this.

1st Man City 76 points

2nd Gateshead 62 points

3rd Liverpool 60 points

4th Man Utd 59 points

5th Arsenal 58 points

6th Chelsea 56 points but with two games inhand on everybody.

Well even 7th place would be much better than you had expected at the start of the season so you mustn't get greedy!

We've won our first game of the season, 1-0 away against 10 man Burnley. An 84th minute strike from Kleber did for them in a tight contest which really hinged on the sending off after 60 mins.

Off the bottom but not quite out of the bottom 3 after 8 played.

Let me tell you the story of Newcastle vs Gateshead...

We score early then utterly dominated the game and created numberous chances only to miss every one. Then of course they equalise with their first serious effort on 84 minutes, Xisco no less. But then, 3 minutes into injury time after creating and missing a few more we score again, Kleber claims a brace. I'm celebrating the win since there's seconds to go. Straight from the kick off N'Zogbia? finds himself in acres on the left wing and proceeds to cut inside and fire a 20 yard screamer inside the near post. Final whistle blown immediately.

One word: Gutted!

Stats: Gateshead 14 shots 7 on target, Newcastle 13 shots, 5 on target.

Gateshead 6 CCCs, Newcastle 1.

Gateshead 55% possesion, 74% passing retention. Newcastle 45%, 69.

That is really unlucky mate. But on the other hand you must be doing something correct if you created 6 CCC's.

I have just had a game like that in the FA cup semis but this time it was Chelsea that were hard done by.

Gateshead 2 Chelsea 1

Stats: Gateshead 6 shots 3 on target, Chelsea 16 shots, 7 on target.

Gateshead 3 CCCs, Chelsea 4.

Gateshead 41% possesion, 63% passing retention

Chelsea 59% possesion, 73% passing retention

Well even 7th place would be much better than you had expected at the start of the season so you mustn't get greedy!

This is true to be honest i would of been happy if we just managed to stay up.

Top regen.

Yeah I switched my right winger to the center midfield advanced playmaker role and he's creating more chances for the team. If only we weren't missing so many...

Kleber has started scoring at last. We've just beaten Blackburn 3-1 in another tight game. Like your Chelsea game they created 4 CCCs to our 3, they dominated possession and had 22 shots to my 10. But we were more clinical. Imagine that. Us clinical!

Kleber now has 8 in 10 after his brace and hattrick in the last 2 games. I knew he was quality and that it'd only be a matter of time before he started scoring provided we could lay on chances for him. Hopefully we can surge up the table now...hopefully, we're not out of the woods yet 5th from bottom. I'm not getting carried away by a win against the run of play at home to 2nd bottom Blackburn.

I'm switching in game but starting formation is still 4-5-1 with Kleber as a complete forward, as before. I'm busy looking at new full backs at the minute, my two regens aren't really cutting it at present and I'm going to have to replace them if they haven't hit their straps by January. They get caught out of position and/or skinned with alarming regularity.

I'm also looking at 3 transfer listed target for January, I'm going to have another shot at Adebayor, there's also an ageing Arshavin who would be great and thirdly Kwadwo Asamoah who I've probably got the most chance of signing since he isn't on such huge wages...have you had him before? He looks really good but do we need another DMC?

I have had Kwadwo Asamoah before and he is very good but it was on a Newcastle save on patch 10.2.

Adebayor and Arshavin would be great signings and also goos tutors for your youngsters.

Yeah I use them constantly, not sure if they work. When I'm winning I'm sure they do and when I'm losing...

I'm sure they do work but often backfire on you, or me at least.

I change strategy, closing down, tackling, passing focus, retain possession (if I'm winning 1-0 with minutes to go).

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON 5 REVIEW

In a fantastic season Gateshead finish 2nd in there first year in the Premier League. I am in shock that we finished 2nd in our first year in the Premier League with this squad.

Gateshead win the FA Cup in a amazing game against Aston Villa what finished 4-4 after extra time and needed penalties to decide who would lift the famous trophy.

The Stars in this incredible season where.

Yannick Djalo

Alex Smithies

Ryhor Filipenko

Andres D'Alessandro

Jordan Rhodes

2u6jtci.jpg

54f3ma.jpg

10pvb0m.jpg

Yeah I use them constantly, not sure if they work. When I'm winning I'm sure they do and when I'm losing...

I'm sure they do work but often backfire on you, or me at least.

I change strategy, closing down, tackling, passing focus, retain possession (if I'm winning 1-0 with minutes to go).

I think i will give them a go next season.

The retain possession shout should be useful in tight games that your winning by the odd goal. I lost count how many late goals we conceeded in the last few minutes of matches that cost us the win or a draw.

Well done on another amazing season of overachievement col, I don't know how you do it so consistantly. Witchcraft must be involved...

We're recovering slowly, up to 5th bottom after a good win away to Stoke. In saying that we had lost 3 out of 4 before that, punctuated by a good 2-2 draw at home to leaders Liverpool. Very disappointing home defeat to West Ham 3-2, another injury time goal conceded 90+3. 3 CCCs to 0 as well.

I've gone to 433 for the past few games and it finally paid off against Stoke, I'm going to keep it going and see if I can get some decent form going. I've got some eminently wiinable gamescoming up so fingers crossed.

We did quite well.

Burnley at home won 2-0

Chelsea in FA Cup semi finals won 2-1

Spurs at home won 1-0

Arsenal away lost 2-0

QPR away won 2-1

Man Utd at home won 1-0

Liverpool away lost 1-0

Aston Villa 4-4 FA cup final

I have signed some good players inthe transfer market a lot of them are regens though.

I have found the best regen ever but he won't sign for me after i had a £28m bid accepted £0 up front then £28m over 48 months :(

Not bad, no draws eh?

Yeah the players I'm looking at for January and the summer are mostly regens. Most of the quality of real players are entrenched at much bigger clubs than little gateshead.

I might be able to get Asamoah mind, but I've all but given up on Adebayor and Arshavin. I'll only get them if I can somehow raise my wage budget dramatically, I reckon I'll have to pay them over £50,000pw.

We've now won 3 games on the trot and have moved into a respectable 12th place. Really with the games to come we've got a good chance to move even higher before January's a few days old. Check out this run of games...

Stoke A

Reading A

Nottm Forest H

Wolves H

Aston Villa H (not too easy)

Birmingham H

We've won the first 3 of those and I see no reason why we can't get at least another 2 wins out of the next 3 games. Maybe my bad start to the season was due to those initial tough fixtures which robbed us of the confidence we needed to go on a decent recovery run. I think we've only just got that early season battering out of our collective system. I shouldn't count my chickens though, although I clearly am.

We have just beat Man City 3-0 in the Community Shield :D.

Goals from new boys Abel, Ahmed David, Daniel Steiner all regens.

The Gateshead team is like a new team with only Yannick Djalo and Zezinho first teamers this season from last years team.

We've now won 3 games on the trot and have moved into a respectable 12th place. Really with the games to come we've got a good chance to move even higher before January's a few days old. Check out this run of games...

Stoke A

Reading A

Nottm Forest H

Wolves H

Aston Villa H (not too easy)

Birmingham H

You could easily get 15 points out of them fixtures then surely that would put you up with the European places.

I'd get rid of them all, I think I did at least none of them played in my League 1 best eleven. Robbie Garret isn't in my game maybe retired.

Victor Simoes is an amzing forward if you can get him, he was my star man in League 1 with 36 goals.

Bruno Coutinho is a good attacking midfielder/playmaker.

Martin Fall, solid right-back. Martin Lewandowski DC/DM/MC. Matt Hill DL. Sander Post immense target man.

A lot of my players were loan signings, Bjorn Kopplin at left back, Kevin Pezzoni at centre half. Francis Coquelin DMC, Chris Gadi and Joshua King up front. Try getting some Newcastle players Nile Ranger, I actually managed to get Alan Smith after January. Ryan Donaldson etc.

I need players for league one now. Rangel,rami,dimitrov to stay? Also, robbie garret takes up 1.2k a week. Should he go or stay??Hmm..

Have a look on page 13 post 1026 for the screenshots of the tansfers i made in League One.

I would highly recommend Greg Wylde, Jamie Ness, Ross Smith, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, Yaya Sanogo on loans and then Kazenga Lua Lua, Miguel Llera, Jose Semedo, Josh Lambo on frees as well as the ones Paul has said.

Matej Delac is my new Keeper he was on a free and is better than Alex Smithies who is now my 2nd choice keeper.

Nacer Barazite in a part exchange with Birmingham for Stefano Okaka.

Adam Johnson on a free.

James Rodriquez for £10m.

Martin Caceres for £3.6m.

Miles Addison in a part exchange for Craig Walsh.

Bafetimbi Gomis on a free.

I think the rest of the players i signed are regens.

Better than Smithies are you quite sure? Can we have him then?

Yeah they all look good, can't find Caceres though.

You can loan him :D

Caceres starts at Barcelona and is a Uruguayan CB.

My scout just did a sweep of Brazil and guess who came top of his recommendations? Zezinho. I might try to get him in January, I'll have to switch back to 442 or 451 since I don't think he'd fit into my present 433. He's going to cost me a pretty penny but he appears to be interested.

Sandro is another Brazilian who looks amazing, and he would join as well, if I could only afford both him and Zezinho I'd be laughing.

Didn't you have trouble getting a work permit for Zezinho, he's hasn't got dual nationality and he also hasn't got any senior caps in my game.

You should scout Israel 3 of my best regen players that i signed this season are all Israeli's.

You can get them dirt cheap as well before they sign for some big clubs.

My star striker cost £1.5m from Hapoel Tel Aviv.

5amblv.jpg

My star centre back cost me £11m from Atalanta but they signed him from Maccabi Haifa two seasons earlier for £725k.

t6avl5.jpg

My third choice centre back cost me £1.5m from Beiter Jerusalem.

23lz7nm.jpg

I think this is maybe where your larger database comes into affect. In my save there are only 50 Israeli players in the game, I'll scout them but I doubt they'll find regens of the quality you found.

There are plenty of good regens elsewhere though, hopefully we can fill our boots come January.

My Champions League draw has been made i have have a group that i should qualify from.

Juventus 1st seeds

Zenit St. Petersburg 2nd seeds

Levski Sofia 3rd seeds

Gateshead 4th seeds

You certainly should qualify. Unless something major goes wrong.

Well after that run of games we are 10th, we won them all apart from Birmingham H where we lost 2-0. Again we dominated 28 shots to 6, but crucially we only had 2 CCCs, same as them. I had us on overload for the majority of the second half and they were just taking the micky, keeping posession and going down for freekicks constantly. It was very frustrating, too many shots from long range, too many chances missed. We played pretty awful, back to the bad old days or earlier in the season. January coming up and i'm going ditch some of these losers. Heh, perhaps I'm overreacting to one bad result after a really good run.

Nope but I've put new bids in for Asamoah, Adebayor and Arshavin, or as I like to call 'em the 3 A's.

If they fail I'll look to the more expensive option of Zezinho & Sandro.

I've got bids in for 3 excellent looking regens and I've put a few players on the transfer list.

No but I've signed really good regens to fill my suspect full back positions plus yet another central midfielder. They've set me back almost £10M so I'm struggling to sign anyone else, I'll have to sell before I can buy so I'll have to be patient for the minute.

Archived