FM10 - Official Gateshead Thread - We're going Pro!

SeanH91

Quite hard to read haha, they're last season's signings right? For League 2?

We've switched to a 442 with wingers pushed up, 1 DMC & 1 MC. It's working out really well and we've moved into 10th place after a few more wins. I've signed some good regens who seem to be slotting in nicely, just as well since I couldn't sign any of my big money targets. I've signed a couple of forwards and a couple of midfielders and I'm drafting them into the first team slowly, the squad is starting to get some strength in depth and I feel like I can interchange players in a few postions which is always a nice cushion to have.

One of my regen strikers is from Jordan, close enough to Israel I guess, another one is from Turkey. Mexico seems to be the best country for regens but it can be tough to get regens unless they've got dual nationality.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have had a marvelous start to the season and are unbeaten in the Premier League with 11 wins and 2 draws from 13 games. Man Utd are pushing us hard though and are only 1 point behind us at this early stage in the league.

My two stars this season so far have been two of my regens first my top scorer my targetman Oren Azuley who has 15 goals and 10 assists from 18 games not to shabby for someone that only cost £1.5m. Abel my Brazilian centre back has also been outstanding and has just picked up his first Brazilian cap against France.

One of my regen strikers is from Jordan, close enough to Israel I guess, another one is from Turkey. Mexico seems to be the best country for regens but it can be tough to get regens unless they've got dual nationality.

Can you post some screenshots of them ?

I have some Mexicans regens as back ups but they would get into most other teams in the Premier League. Once i have found a player after looking at National squads and U21's i scout the player to see whether my scout thinks they will get a work permit and if he thinks that they will then i try to sign them.

Both of them look good but the Turkish one looks like he will become a Premier League leading star. How did you find them or did your scout find them ?

I use tinypic and there's a option to resize your pictures to 17" screen (1024x768) thats what i use.

Ah ok, I saw that, maybe I should edit my pics and resize them all.

I have really good scouts and I send them out to different countries but quite often they don't recognise potential talent that well. I usually do manual searches to identify future talent, looking at player attributes and how well they'll suit particular positions. It's not an exact science by any means. I'm sure you do something similar to find your regens.

Yilmaz is the best regen I've got I think, and I'm playing him alongside Kleber, one as a deep lying forward and the other as an advanced forward. It's working out really well since they're both pacey and excellent finishers. They're both really skillful as well.

Yeah I love huge center backs, I like to have complete confidence that's they'll win all their headers. Quintero looks like he'll be a quality attacking full-back, if only I could get someone as good at right back.

They're all in my first team now, except Obeidat, but he might take over from Kleber by the end of the season since he isn't getting any younger.

Who needs Adebayor, Arshavin et al?

After 24 games...

We're 8 points off Man U in 4th place.

7 points off 5th place Arsenal.

5 points off 6th place Liverpool.

3 points off 7th place Stoke.

A good late run and we could make it but I feel we've had a lot of winnable games recently and with our next game away to leaders Man City we could still have a bumpy ride.

I am not impressed with Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Man Utd mouthing off to the press that they want to sign Zezinho, Abel and Oren Azuley respectively and unsettling them in the process :mad:

It's nearly that time again for the transfer market to open and i have already signed two players on free's in January. Alex Teixeira from Shakhtar Donetsk and Gerson from Gremio.

Yeah I'm getting some interest already in my regens, I'm not happy at all.

We're still sitting in 9th place after 27 games, but after some good results we're only 3 points behind 4th place Liverpool.

We just beat Chelsea at home and then Sunderland away (in injury time).

Zezinho has now put a transfer request in saying he wants to go to a bigger club. I have accepted it as i don't want unhappy players so now he is in talks with Bayern Munich over a £11.5m transfer.

I am flying through this season after only bringing in them two free transfers and selling Zezinho in January.

We are now in April and have a chance of winning three trophies the Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League.

We sit top of the Premier League by 1 point.

Gateshead 30 games played 64 points.

Chelsea 30 games played 63 points.

Liverpool 30 games played 62 points.

Man City 31 games played 60 points.

Man Utd 30 games played 58 points.

Arsenal 31 games played 50 points.

We are through to the FA Cup semi finals and will play Chelsea.

We are through to the Champions League quater finals and will play Atletico Madrid after knocking out Bayern Munich (that'll teach them for pinching Zezhino off us :p).

After playing 4-4-2/4-4-2 wide diamond for half a season i switched to the 4-3-3 and we are scoring goals for fun again :D.

I haven't replaced him as i don't play with wingers now.

If i did start to use wingers again i have Adam Johnson, Fran Merida and David Lennon (regen) in the reserves and all of them can play the left wing role.

We beat Atletico Madrid 2-0 at home and 2-1 away so we now play Juventus in the semi finals. Juventus were in our group and we drew 2-2 at home and got thrashed 3-0 away so i am not to optimistic about that tie.

We also beat Chelsea 3-0 in the FA Cup semi final and now we play Man City in the final to try to retain our trophy.

This is our remaining fixtures.

Stoke City home.

Huddersfield Town home.

Juventus away.

Hull City away.

Juventus home.

QPR home.

Liverpool home.

Everton away.

Aston Villa home.

Man City FA Cup final.

So only two away games and five at home in the Premier League so hopefully i should win the league as there's a lot of winnable games.

You should win the League and Cup double and I certainly wouldn't bet against you to win the Champions League. With your record only a fool would bet against you doing the treble to be honest.

Our form has picked up dramatically since the turn of the year but we've still got a lot of work on to finish top 4. We've got 10 games left in the league and I'd say only Arsenal away looks like a loss. If we can win 7 or so out of 10 we'd be in with a chance of top 4 depending what the teams above us do. If we win less than 7 I think we can kiss Champions League qualification goodbye.

We're still conceding too many goals, we can't seem to keep a lead and I'm left biting my nails at the end of many games.

GATESHEAD END OF SEASON 6 REVIEW

Gateshead do the treble of Premier League, FA Cup, Champions League.

Gateshead win the league by five points.

In the FA Cup Gateshead beat Man City 2-1 at Wembley Stadium.

In the Champions League final Gateshead beat the mighty Barcelona 2-1 after extra time.

The stars of this campaign were.

Oren Azulay The signing of the season Oren finished our top scorer with 40 goals and 34 assists from 57 games.

Abel The brilliant Brazilian centre back would of been the signing of the season if Oren Azulay didn't have such a great season.

2j7g3n.jpg

20aw95i.jpg

72q7p4.jpg

20hseas.jpg

We have signed some quality regens at the start of season 7.

Arthur Solovadchenko cost £35m but he is the best regen i have ever seen. I finally got him after he constantly rejected us the year.

Arthur Solovadchenko.

14muzkj.jpg

Jesse Franjic.

24eyqef.jpg

Imre Kun.

2vngvq0.jpg

Kylian Gaudin.

xkpyj6.jpg

Well done col on another season of triumph, those regens look class especially Solovadchenko, I think he'll be worth every penny of that stupidly high transfer fee. I'll look forward to seeing how well he does in the new season.

I've just signed Victor the Brazilian goalkeeper on a free, just before the end of the free transfer deadline. He got a work permit on appeal. He's no spring chicken at 31 but he's got a few good years left in him and he looks much better than Muslera.

I got offered the Brazil job at he start of the season so i have the task to make them the best again.

This season has went well so far even though last seasons star striker Oren Azulay ha been injured all season we are top of the Premier League after 14 games with 13 won, 1 drawn, 0 lost, for 41, ag 10, + 31 gd, 40 pts. I have been using Mr Houghs tactic this season and have only lost one game in the Champions League group stage 4-1 away to Roma but i don't know how we lost the game these were the stats.

35kpmj6.jpg

Well done col on another season of triumph, those regens look class especially Solovadchenko, I think he'll be worth every penny of that stupidly high transfer fee. I'll look forward to seeing how well he does in the new season.

I've just signed Victor the Brazilian goalkeeper on a free, just before the end of the free transfer deadline. He got a work permit on appeal. He's no spring chicken at 31 but he's got a few good years left in him and he looks much better than Muslera.

Thanks.

Solovadchenko has been outstanding this season he has 27 goals in 23 games with 14 assists.

Victor is my third choice keeper for Brazil but he looks good.

Is it Fernando Muslera the Uruguayan goalkeeper ? he looks fantastic on my game much better than Victor.

That's some record...

Are you still playing 433? I tried it for a while but results weren't great and we struggled to score goals or even create chances. How do you set the positions up? I've got two midfielders support and one attack, or even all three support. Strikers are one deep lying, one advanced and another poacher.

Yeah it's Fernando, he's good in my game but Victor is definitely better, on paper at least. Not by loads but in the key areas.

I am using Mr Houghs tactic this season it's a 4-1-2-3 in the classic style so theres no player positions like poacher/advanced forward.

We have just lost our first league game at home to WBA but we battered them and of course old boy Fran Merida scored the only goal of the game.

When i used my 4-3-3 i had two advanced playmakers with support duty and a central midfielder with defend duty. The strikers where two poachers and one Trequartista.

I'm reluctant to use downloaded tactics, I'm never too sure whether my results are down to my player selections or to the tactics. I rarely really understand the posted tactics, they always seem overly convoluted to my tiny brain. I did use one previously and managed to score an outrageous win against the odds, I immediately changed back because I felt like it kind of wasn't my team playing, it was the tactics. I'll have a look at Mr Hough's tactics though...

We finished 3rd in the League and needed a draw in our last game away to Villa to secure a top 4 spot. Handily we won the game with two late goals after being 1-0 down since the 12th minute, this followed many minutes of frantic tinkering on my part.

We amassed 70 points, won 21, drawn 7, lost 10. For 73, Ag 42, GD +31. An excellent season, especially after being bottom of the league for a while early season.

Kleber was our top scorer with 21 goals, he also provided 10 assits. Yilmaz got 8 goals, 4 assists. Mullen, Obeidat, di Santo and most of my midfilders chipped in with a few goals a piece, my defenders all scored as well. Team goals, don't you just love 'em. Top performers were Arenas with 7.3 and Mullen with 7.21. Most of my strikers had up and down seasons regularly being substituted off after having poor games, more down to my tactics than to their attitudes I'm sure.

I might try 433 next season, if I can get better quality strikers and a creative midfielder or two.

Well done Paul Champions League for you next year :).

I spent what seemed like hours going through all the national teams and U21's but it was worth it when i found players like Arthur Solovadchenko :D.

Do you go on hoiliday mode now the until start of pre season ?

Thanks col, actually I forgot, I have the little matter of an FA Cup final against Villa! Just shows how high the FA cup was on my list of priorities. Might as well win it now though...

No holiday for me, I just keep clicking. Plus I've got the other little matter of a World Cup starting in a month.

D'you know when the regens are created? What month or date I mean.

Good luck against Villa.

Theres a thread in the forums somewhere but the main countries dates are

Germany 20 June

England 25 June

Italy 30 June

Holland 7 July

Spain 10 July

Argentina 1 August

2 January Brazil

England are ranked number 1 in the world so I'll probably get sacked if we don't win it. I'm quite confident but it depends on injuries and who we have to play. If Rooney gets injured we're totally screwed.

Have you ever had Iker Muniain AM/F C from Athletic? He looks really good and affordable.

Archived